Thread: samsung syncmaster 245b 24'' 5ms HD

Thanks

samsung syncmaster 245b 24'' 5ms HD

hi.
    im not good with writing issues so dont look upon this as arrogant, ill keep it short.

bought the samsung syncmaster 245b 24'' 5ms HD from scan, set it up next to my old 19inch crt
    the samsung really isnt what i expected and what the reviews tell me, i am a gamer and the samsung seems to not be able to handle movement in games, its jerky, blurry and everything is just a smudgy mess, i have both monitors set up next to each other to compare, and the crt is obviously smooth, as it is not my computer causing any of the effects, as iv just bought a 2k+ system

my friend has the same samsung monitor and he doesnt describe any of the issues im having and he loves it, he is also a gamer, he asked me to see what panel letter i had on the manufacture sticker at the back next to the model number, but i dont have 1, but his does.

so i dont know wether its just not ment for gaming and cant handle games movements contrary to what the reviews say, or there is something wrong with the monitor i have

think ill be taking the monitor back to scan shortly, either for a replacement as mines faulty or for a refund becuase its not what i expected

any of your thoughts and help on this subject greatly apreciated.

Joe

Thanks

Re: samsung syncmaster 245b 24'' 5ms HD

Hi. What vga card are u using?
    Just wondered, if its easy to do, can u try ur monitor on ur friends setup or vice versa?

If you run the new panel on its own (no crt connected) is there any improvement? perhaps ur vga card doesnt like having a panel and crt attached? is the new panel connected via dsub or dvi?

A 5ms panel should not show any ghosting. check the drivers, connections & cabling & any setup options on the panel regarding input source are matched to what is actually connected.

Thanks

im running 2 8800GTX's SLI'd and just having the samsung connected through dvi alone doesnt make a difference.

even just moving my curser around the screen (slowly) and it goes blurry and you cant tell the shape of it.

and i cant try the monitor on friends setup, hes a guy i game with online, so its his word and opinion against mine, but he still doesnt describe the monitor anything like mine or my issues.

when i install the drivers, as soon as i click "install" it instantly comes up with "drivers installed" its asif nothing even installed, it was instant.

thanks, Joe

Thanks

mm, try uninstalling the driver, rebooting then re installing the driver, sounds as if it nots quite right there as it should recopy the files at least.
    dlaod the latest version too if you dont already have it, so you can try the version you already have vs the new ones, see if that makes any difference too?

Thread Information