• Crucial Ballisitix PC5300 C3@840 4 4 4 12
      • Storage:
      • Maxtor 250gb SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8800GTS OC 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620

Scans shambolic stock system!!!

I have just recd the delayed order notification due to out of stock items. One of the items I have ordered has no current lead time but is still in stock on the website???? Is there any point ordering anything as you never know when its in stock or not! Ebuyer on the other hand have a great realtime exact number of items in stock which even updates when you order. I have been a very loyal customer to scan and have spent about £5000 with you over the last few years and have recommended you to many but now the negatives outweigh the positives.

Pro
    hexus free carriage
    this forum

Cons
    shambolic stock systems
    high prices on in-demand items (E8400 and Q9450! Ebuyer still sell them for £130 and £221)
    RMA service takes twice as long as Ebuyer and dabs

I would like to hear scans response to this. They claim to be intels premier customer yet sell the above at a premium.
    Core i7 860 @ 4ghz
    MSI P55 GD65 4gb Gskill Ripjaw 2xAsus 5770 1003/5600 Corsair HX620 psu http://trust.hexus.net/user_profile.php?user=10950

Thanks
    • Dr Cool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P31-DS3L
      • CPU:
      • E7500
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB Adata 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 330
      • Case:
      • Antec Three Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • XP home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA

Re: Scans shambolic stock system!!!

I'm failrly new to scan and i've not had many problms.. but this did hit me today when i bought a new headset (which came into stock after a long wait 2 days ago), i needed to buy another one for my mother but they're out of stock again... till when i'll never know XD. It would be nice to know how much stock you have for a product.

But still ...Scans high up in positives for me
    Scan FTW

Thanks

Im only new to scan but ive had the same issues. I ordered stuff becasue it was in stock then after deducting the money i found out they changed it to out of stock, and they had no idea when they would get it in. I found another item that was in stock so this time i phoned to double check and found out that no it wasnt in stock.

Lastly i seen another item so phoned yet again, this time im told they arent in stock but they will get them in the next week. 30 minutes later the package is dispatched lol.

Thanks

atmadden

Order placed on 16/04/2008 13:31:09

I take on board the fact that the item does show as in stock, our system does show that we have 7 x LN 17924 in stock at the moment hence why the site shows stock. I have checked and confirmed that this is a stock discrepancy and removed the BUY button from the site to prevent any further confusion.

Your order has been amended as requested by Customer Services following your online query on 16/04/07 19:05:06. Your order is now in a queuing system due to be dispatched tonight for delivery tomorrow.

I apologies for this confusion and to confirm the offending item has been removed from our web site until the index for this item can be refreshed/corrected.

I would also like to say that we do understand the inconvenience when problems such as this do arise, however our stock system is not "Shambolic" and to say this suggests there is a problem with the whole stock system, which there certainly is not. Issues like this are isolated and quickly resolved once they are brought to our attention.

We are an genuine Intel Premier partner, of course you can take my word for this or feel free to confirm this directly with Intel if you wish

To clarify your points regarding Intel pricing.

Our prices are not inflated; in some cases we make the choice to pay a premium for Intel CPU’s, which are in short supply. We pay the premium price- AFTER we have ALREADY taken back orders at the ORIGINAL price. We do this for the benefit of our customers so we can ship back orders we already have in place plus we honour the original price the customer has purchased at. Of course any new customers have the CHOICE to pay the premium to order any free stock we have left over at the new price or of course they have the choice not to.

Intel sell OEM and Retail CPU's, generally of course OEM CPU's are cheaper that Retail. SCAN stock the Genuine UK stock of the Intel E8400 Retail @ £ 169.95 Inc Vat, which cannot be compared to E-Buyers OEM price of £132.57inc. The Q9450 is no where to be found? But if you have a link to PM me I can look into the pricing for you.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 17-04-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks
    • atmadden's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P35 Neo2 FR
      • CPU:
      • QX9650@4.2ghz 420x10
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Maxtor 250gb SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8800GTS OC 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620

Thank you for your detailed reply. Maybe shambolic is a bit over the top but why don't you show how many you have instock in realtime on the site? I accept with any etailor that when several people are ordering at the same time an item in short supply could in fact be out of stock. Ebuyer do this and it works! I have never had stock problems with them. I am sure a lot of people would agree.

As far as intel pricing and stock is concerned I order probably 5 cpu's per month at the moment the most popular are E8400 and Q9450 and suprisingly I haven't had that many problems as I check yourselves, ebuyer and dabs mainly. Ebuyer had over a 100 Q9450 oem instock last week for £221 I paid £245 from you I think. As for the E8400 I have purchased approx 6 of these from ebuyer all retail in the last month for between £128-£132 all free delivery. As you can see why I am starting to look elsewhere.

When things do go wrong you do go the extra mile to make things right but with a few tweaks you could cut down on the need.
    Core i7 860 @ 4ghz
    MSI P55 GD65 4gb Gskill Ripjaw 2xAsus 5770 1003/5600 Corsair HX620 psu http://trust.hexus.net/user_profile.php?user=10950

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Please be aware that the OEM units are completely different to RETAIL units.

OEM come with only a 1 year warranty and NO CPU cooler, whereas the Retail units come with the intel supplied heatsink and fan and a 3 year warranty.

This is why our price is a little bit more than theirs. OEM are cheaper due to the differences and as such we do try and match the prices on these items.

I hope this explains it for you a little bit clearer.

Best Regards,

Thanks

atmadden

I understand your point; however in this case as our system incorrectly shows 7 in stock if we did show exact stock figures then the web site would have also shown that we have 7 x saleable stock causing the same problem. So showing stock figures would have not prevented this particular issue.

The problem to confirm was a stock discrepancy meaning the 7 x saleable stock we show isn’t actually there. This will be rectified shortly so this cannot happen again and the product has already been removed from the site?.

Please confirm the link for the Q9450 Retail/OEM & E8400 Retail so I can check the pricing.

Best Regards

Thanks
    • atmadden's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P35 Neo2 FR
      • CPU:
      • QX9650@4.2ghz 420x10
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Maxtor 250gb SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8800GTS OC 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620

Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post

OEM come with only a 1 year warranty and NO CPU cooler, whereas the Retail units come with the intel supplied heatsink and fan and a 3 year warranty.

This is why our price is a little bit more than theirs. OEM are cheaper due to the differences and as such we do try and match the prices on these items.

Best Regards,

I am fully aware the difference between oem and retail. I was stating that I purchased retail units from ebuyer at between £128-£132 whereas you sell them for £169.
    Core i7 860 @ 4ghz

Thanks
    • atmadden's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P35 Neo2 FR
      • CPU:
      • QX9650@4.2ghz 420x10
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Maxtor 250gb SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8800GTS OC 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    atmadden

I understand your point; however in this case as our system incorrectly shows 7 in stock if we did show exact stock figures then the web site would have also shown that we have 7 x saleable stock causing the same problem. So showing stock figures would have not prevented this particular issue.

The problem to confirm was a stock discrepancy meaning the 7 x saleable stock we show isn’t actually there. This will be rectified shortly so this cannot happen again and the product has already been removed from the site?.

Please confirm the link for the Q9450 Retail/OEM & E8400 Retail so I can check the pricing.

Best Regards
    I have pm you the links but neither are instock as of today. But as I said over 100 Q9450 oem were in stock last week at £221 and E8400 regulary go in stock but are sold quickly. Ebuyer remove from search out of stock items.
    Core i7 860 @ 4ghz

Thanks

Scan do seem to be out of stock on a lot of items these days. I priced up a Media Centre PC and half the items weren't in stock.

Thanks
    • atmadden's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P35 Neo2 FR
      • CPU:
      • QX9650@4.2ghz 420x10
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Maxtor 250gb SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8800GTS OC 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620

Quote Originally Posted by slypie View Post
    Scan do seem to be out of stock on a lot of items these days. I priced up a Media Centre PC and half the items weren't in stock.
    The gripe I have in general is that there seems to be a lot of items ordered that are in stock but when it comes to picking time you get the delayed order email as its now out of stock. I have never had this problem elsewhere hence my suggestion above. My problem in this thread is slightly different in that there is a discrepancy in the stock system which has now been rectified. But I have had today off to redo my watercooling system but didn't get the delayed email until after closing so too late for today and I am a little miffed.
    Core i7 860 @ 4ghz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atmadden View Post
    The gripe I have in general is that there seems to be a lot of items ordered that are in stock but when it comes to picking time you get the delayed order email as its now out of stock. I have never had this problem elsewhere hence my suggestion above. My problem in this thread is slightly different in that there is a discrepancy in the stock system which has now been rectified. But I have had today off to redo my watercooling system but didn't get the delayed email until after closing so too late for today and I am a little miffed.
    I must be one of the lucky ones as I've never had that problem before.

Thanks

slypie

Purchasing dept places orders throughout the day. Any prologued delays would be due to issues/delays from the manufacturer / supplier preventing the stock being shipped to us.

I can chase ETA's for the Out of stock items, please PM me so I can help you.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 17-04-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Timo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4, with modified BIOS version F13b
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q9450 2.67GHz Quad, with Zalman CNPS9700 heatsink & fan.
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 2GB Crucial DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 1x 2TB WD Black, 1x 1TB WD Black, 1x 500GB WD Caviar RE2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte 512mb nVidia 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX
      • Case:
      • Nzxt Lexa
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Samsung SM226BW 1680x1050 widescreen
      • Internet:
      • BT 38mb fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post

Best Regards,
    Hi Lee, if OEMs are cheaper due to the lesser warranty and sans fan+heatsink, why has Scan priced the OEM Q9450 at £258.43 and the Retail version at £234.94?

It contradicts your point regards OEM vs Retail.

(other supplier link removed - DavidM)
    Last edited by DavidM; 17-04-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    Hi Lee, if OEMs are cheaper due to the lesser warranty and sans fan+heatsink, why has Scan priced the OEM Q9450 at £258.43 and the Retail version at £234.94?
    All that shows is that the Retail item has been updated with a new buy price and the OEM is still to be updated.

Thanks

Pricing is real time and based on the last purchase costs.

When the purchase price changes, so will the selling price.

Thread Information