Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered on Monday but not dispatched yet.

Thanks

Question Ordered on Monday but not dispatched yet.

Can someone at Scan please respond as to why order invoiced **removed** hasn't shipped yet?

When I was placing the order an estimated day of the 13th was given.

When I received the confirmation email the delivery date has already slipped to the 14th in a few minutes.

Come the 14th and the good have not dispatch yet. Why?
    Last edited by DavidM; 14-05-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

Delayed Order - Item Availability Lies

Just a warning to all future Scan website customer users. Scan lies about item availability when placing orders via the website.

More often than not, items marked as "In Stock" are often not.

ALWAYS phone your order through and confirm stock availability.

I just called to find out why the order has not been dispatched and was informed that a component was out of stock, despite double checking when placing the order that all items were in stock.

I queried this with the sales representative and she confirmed that NINE other customers were waiting for this drive.

What followed was a new low for Scan. Once I mentioned that I was not happy I was thrown the "Let me talk to my sales manager and put you on hold". I was put on hold on a premium 0871 number for TWELVE MINUTES. Hope that generate a nice bit of income for you Scan.

When I hung up and rang back... sure enough... same sales representative answered straight away.... so the "talk to my sales manager" is obviously another lie.

Needles to say, I cancelled the order when I rang back and re-order the same items from Dabs.com at 9 pounds cheaper.

If any Scan staff do read this then for your reference the invoice is **removed**.

I have bought my good from Scan since 1999. This will be my last order with this company.
    Last edited by DavidM; 14-05-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

Re: Delayed Order - Item Availability Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Nazar View Post
    I
    I queried this with the sales representative and she confirmed that NINE other customers were waiting for this drive.
    Thats funny seeing there are no female Sales advisors and we are liers?

I leave this one to you Chris.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    I rang 0871 472 4747 which is Scam's number if I am not mistaken.

Pressed 1 for Customer Services then 1 for Delayed orders blah blah blah...

The lady in question would be that one that has cancelled my order... if your system tracks such details.

Thats funny seeing there are no female Sales advisors
    Then who answered my call and cancelled my order? You saying one of your male colleagues sounds like a Yorkshire lass?

Thanks

Ok.. here we go... just received this...

I can confirm that I have cancelled your order. A refund will be processed shortly.
    Please ignore any e-mails that you may recieve about this order.

Regards,

Claire
    Scan Computers

Note the name Claire. Funny name for a bloke isn't it?

Thank you for proving my point on why Scan lies to its customers.

Thanks

Ok.. here we go... just received this...

Note the name Claire. Funny name for a bloke isn't it?

Thank you for proving my point on why Scan lies to its customers.
    She is a Customer Care Advisor hence no Female Sales advisors, This is a care forum we are here to help, it would help you to speak to us in the correct mannor.

Thanks

Re: Ordered on Monday but not dispatched yet.

claire = customer services.

nice lady to speak to.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Tbh Nazar i think your out of order coming onto these forums brandishing SCAN as liars, I think your attitude towards the staff on here stinks aswell.

You have 6 posts, 4 in this thread complaining about SCAN, were the other two of the same nature is what am wondering.

One thing people ALWAYS seem to forget when ordering, is that the delivery dates are ESTIMATES not DEFINATE set in stone dates.

Dont forget SCAN dont just deal with online customers, they have customers who phone orders through or even go into the shop, so constantly keeping track of the stock count for items isn't always possible so things like this are bound to happen.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

can i just say this happens to many sites as stock levels are hard to control. All my orders were fine and i have to say scan are great at customer support, although sometimes they do miss threads which can be annoying. Having only ordered on monday you shouldnt expect it to be immediatly dispatched and sent to you, remember this is an estimate date and it looks like your order was sorted so how is customer support lacking? i have had to make many phone calls to companies before and alot of the time ive been on hold for 30mins-1hour+ and thats foreign call centers so i can hardly understand them(not trying to affend them) but when scan took 12mins thats nothing for a good response as you got your refund, i dont think scan make a profit at the phone line its purely to afford to keep staff there to answer your calls, if i had the choice of a free line but average wait for 45mins or a charge for an english center with hold for around 10mins(took me 1 min max on hold) i would definitely chose the latter one.

dam disturbed got first xD, well just a note from the post above, i think the phone sales are done on a different system and so the sales can take a bit longer to be represented on site as it isnt automatic(i think) compared to the online sales, 9 people are not many in terms of scans size and should be shown that it wasnt an error for long. How many times have you made a mistake in your life? thats the real question, if your going to come on here for a 1 day delay just bashing scan then just go, come back when your calm.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks

... it would help you to speak to us in the correct mannor.
    What? What correct manner is that? You loose my order and mess me about and expect me to be humble?

You do not fulfil my order and when I ring up to enquire I am placed on hold after expressing my concern for over 10 mins on an 0871 national rate number (read premium).

At no stage did Scan apologise for this. Instead I have been messed about.

This indicates that Scan's website either lies about product availability or just doesn't work. If it doesn't work then you should not pretend to have an "Item Availability" feature. Continuing to do so is an insult to all your customers.

Second, instead of trying to retain my business (no matter how small) you:

1. Argue semantics.
    2. Refuse to acknowledge the point.

That is why I will not be ordering from Scan ever again and will encourage all friends/colleagues to do the same.

My advice to any potential Scan clients, if you are feeling brave, is to ring the order through a Scan sales representative and confirm item availability of all your items.... Until Scan updates/fixes its website.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media

Nazar,

I will put this very simply. You didn't give any of the helpful Scan staff here a chance really did you. You posted like a keyboard warrior after you post and then called Scan. Can you tell me why you posted and then CALLED?

Why not call first and then post when applicable. Scan deal with thousands of orders, and whilst you may beleive you are unique there are occasions when popular products will go out of stock during the order process and subsequent dispatch time.

Your accusations are totally unfounded and the tone of your posting is unacceptable. Do not for one minute tell me you have a right to describe the inner workings of a company whcih you know nothing about.

Ranting and raving gets you no-where, unfounded allegations and other such postings this morning really make me question why you deserve the help from anyone at all.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks

Obviously we'll look into the cause of this issue for you, and I hope it's something we can improve... if not for yourself, at least for others - but as for

I am placed on hold after expressing my concern for over 10 mins on an 0871 national rate number
    We offer a free service available through the website - or even this forum. Usually response times are very quick - and there is no charge for logging a query on the website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    Tbh Nazar i think your out of order coming onto these forums brandishing SCAN as liars, I think your attitude towards the staff on here stinks aswell.
    Granted.. the language was abit harsh... only because this is not the first time I've been messed around by Scan.

Thankfully, I will no longer waste taking days off work waiting for orders that don't arrive.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media

What? What correct manner is that? You loose my order and mess me about and expect me to be humble?
    Who said humble? I understand your frustration - but to be brutally honest you have just been plain rude - politeness is a free commodity - put the shoe on the other foot - would you like to be spoken to like this? (and don't tell me you would never put a customer in this situation - it happens -with EVERY retailer)

You do not fulfil my order and when I ring up to enquire I am placed on hold after expressing my concern for over 10 mins on an 0871 national rate number (read premium).
    You ranted here and then called, like I said previously, what's the point? You wasted your time calling out of your choice - Scan staff are renown for being helpful and would have reposnded to you here quickly had you given them the opportunity. and 0871 is NOT a premium number, its a national rate, which by Ofcom's own description does not relate to premium.

At no stage did Scan apologise for this. Instead I have been messed about.
    At what point did you give them the opportunity to, you posted here, called them, hung up and called back.

This indicates that Scan's website either lies about product availability or just doesn't work. If it doesn't work then you should not pretend to have an "Item Availability" feature. Continuing to do so is an insult to all your customers.

Second, instead of trying to retain my business (no matter how small) you:

1. Argue semantics.
    2. Refuse to acknowledge the point.
    Oh so someone calls you names or accuses you of illegal activity and you would just sit in silence? Oh come on now...

That is why I will not be ordering from Scan ever again and will encourage all friends/colleagues to do the same.
    Entirely your choice, I will likewise throw a threat around that I will say that nazar does nothing but lie. Sensible right? Get factually correct and you might have some ground to stand on.

My advice to any potential Scan clients, if you are feeling brave, is to ring the order through a Scan sales representative and confirm item availability of all your items.... Until Scan updates/fixes its website.
    Wait for an official answer - rather than assuming you know the way the system works and that the 9 other people waiting for the drive didn't order in the same hour as you (beleive it or not, entirely possible)
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks

NAZAR

If you do decide to order through Scan Computers again please feel free to ask for myself. I will inform you of stock availability and look after your order. We are committed to customer care and so appreciate your custom. We do not like being called liers and like yourself like to be given the chance to reply.

Regards

Thanks

but to be brutally honest you have just been plain rude
    Yes I have been rude... borne out of frustration. Poor excuse I know.

You ranted here and then called, like I said previously, what's the point?
    Wrong. Don't presume.

I posted my first enquiry here then rang. What set me off was being placed on hold for 10 minutes. When I rang back the same CS rep answered straight away... so the excuse for being placed on hold "I need to talk to my sales manager" was less than truthful.

and 0871 is NOT a premium number
    Wrong. An 0871 is a g7 BT call band number. Like its sibling, the 0870 number, revenue is generated from these. Just to be clear. 0871 472x numbers cost 10p/min. A percentage of this goes to Scan. I am not alone in expressing my distaste for 0870/0871 numbers... more so when placed on hold, unnecessarily in my opinion.

At what point did you give them the opportunity to, you posted here
    That was given when I rang Scan and talked to Claire. By then I had wasted a days holiday from work. I was polite with Claire until I was unnecessarily (again in my opinion) placed on hold. I asked Claire why an item which was shown as "In Stock" was no longer in stock when I placed the order. I would have accepted a "Our website doesn't display information correctly". Instead I just got placed on some queue.

Entirely your choice
    It is my choice. Consumers refer to this as "voting with our feet/wallets".

My other previous post when enquiring about a delayed order was quickly followed up by another post expressing my thanks for Scan for their help in getting my order on time.

Please note that I am note alone in being frustrated with delayed orders (there were a few topics on the first page when I first posted this morning).

I still stand by my points:

1. Scan's website is wrong in reporting stock levels. "Lying" is harsh and I take it back. But it is less than honest to continue to use the stock availability information when it is less than accurate. Had I known when I placed the order I would have ordered another item. This is not a new problem... it has been ongoing for a long time.

2. I was not happy, to put it mildly, with Scan's customer service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information