• Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

The Final Good Bye

I don't think I will be placing any further orders with yourselves. Most of the customer services agents I have spoken to have been extremely friendly and helpful, but it is the general service that you offer that disappoints.

So many of my orders have been delayed due to stock discrepancies with the common delayed shipment notification email at 9pm. Others have had to have items removed to ensure the orders arrive.

I would estimate that 75% of my orders have been affected by problems by your service or by products that you have sold.

Two Corsair products (both memory cards) I purchased swiftly corrupted themselves and were sent back for a replacement.

Finally the latest problem (http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...t-problem.html) was a core component of my new PC build that I built over the Easter Holidays and it was evident from the outset there was a problem with the motherboard. I sent it back for an RMA and that is where the problems started (read my other thread).

Since then I have had to ask for updates as to the progress, and got a reply to my first email. Since then nothing, you have not been forthcoming with information or Updates. I was told to contact Mark R directly and from my last email dated 14th April I have heard nothing. It has now been over 4 weeks since the item was sent back and supposedly forwarded to the supplier/Abit and I have heard nothing.

I had to buy a new Motherboard to get my PC working as the whole problem has now spanned over 8 weeks and I could not do without my PC any longer. It is utterly ridiculous to expect someone to wait for a core component for so long, and then to ignore and blame the customer when a problem arises!

I'm not a very happy bunny as you can probably tell, but I think I will be moving my orders elsewhere, at least with OCUK their RMA process is quick and I get a refund within a week!
    Last edited by muddyfox470; 04-05-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

OC Junkie!
    Thanks
    • Wiczy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M6H 1203
      • CPU:
      • 4770k @ 4.5
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo Pro 128 + MX100 256 + C300 64 + Assorted Mechanical Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 290X OC WF
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W XXX Pro
      • Case:
      • old noname
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Q2770 PQU + LG WG2353V
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 80/20

Re: The Final Good Bye

I still use Scan ( although not exclusively ) as I'm never really in much of a rush but your post is indicative of what I am hearing from a lot of my customers to whom I have recommended Scan in the past.

It seems they just can't be bothered with the hassle and would rather pay a couple of quid more, safe in the knowledge that their stuff will just arrive and refunds will be dealt with promptly.

Jay
    Thanks

Now you have posted here I expect it will be sorted
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • Brewster0101's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus m5a99x evo
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600mghz
      • Storage:
      • Western Green 3TB + Samsung 850Evo 512MB SSD, + 2TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 280X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AXi760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" 27EA63 IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • 120Mb Bt

The stock issue is a real problem with Scan. But to be honest it happens everywhere. I've brought items from ebuyer that were shown to be in stock. They even show the quantity in stock, but couple days later after I placed an order they had no stock, although they had over 20 when I ordered. Its not just a problem with Scan, but it is never the less a problem...

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Doesn't look like anything is going to change. Still no contact from Scan / Mark from my past 2 emails.

Thanks

I buy most of my PC build items from Scan. This sort of thread makes me nervous.

Keeping your customer happy OR at least updated is a no.1 priority in my eyes.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

PM Sent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAvenger View Post

I buy most of my PC build items from Scan. This sort of thread makes me nervous.

Keeping your customer happy OR at least updated is a no.1 priority in my eyes.
    What people do not understand is 99% of people who use Hexus Scan Forums come here to get issues sorted so you will rarely see people coming on here to post praise.

i would say a very high percentage of people who order from Scan are extremely happy with a service which is constantly improving day by day. I know how it feels when you buy something that you spend hours/days on and it is faulty I get annoyed and I work here so I can get it sorted faily quickly. I can honestly say you will struggle to find a company with the same passion to customer care and competitive pricing I would not post a statement like this if I didnt feel I could back it up.

Muddyfox470

As your last thread we have gone over why we could not simply replace the motherboard due to the physical damage you admitted to regarding pulling the SATA port off. Usually physically damaged hardware can be rejected but we have gone out our way to help and have sent this to the manufacturer to see if they will still accept this on the grounds that it may still be faultly disregarding the broken SATA port. We have no control over how long the manufacturer will have the motherboard before they make a decision but this would have been striaght forward if you didnt pull the port out of the motherboard.

I would imagine any proffesional company would simply just reject a physically damaged board as you know that we can not claim a credit due to the damage.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • Dreaming's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • e6300 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
      • PSU:
      • Antec Neo HE 550
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC A05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 22" 226BW
      • Internet:
      • NTL 4Mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by muddyfox470 View Post
    I'm not a very happy bunny as you can probably tell, but I think I will be moving my orders elsewhere, at least with OCUK their RMA process is quick and I get a refund within a week!
    Not to be a whiny bitch but in my little circle of gaming PC geeks (around 70 of us) OCUK are very unaffectionately known for how they will bend you over (your PC) very slowly and screw you in the ass. They have even been renamed, but I don't think it would sensible to say what to

My speculation to the Scan issues (to the guy who said he was nervous about placing orders) is that of two key points:
    1. They're a victim of their own success. I mean, every year for the past x years they are online retailer of the year. They've been getting more business, having to expand their warehouses just to keep up with the orders. Scan is probably the majority of people's first stop, and my guess is that they have to keep working pretty hard to deal with quantity
    2. The nature of a support forum is that where people will post problems rather than praise, but if you ever have a problem and phone up the support is second to none I've had from anywhere. They're in the process of getting their stock allocation system perfected from what I've read elsewhere, so it's up to you, but despite things being delayed a few times for me it's never that long. I was definitely more annoyed with Amazon who when I paid EXTRA for express delivery it took 5 days. And I didn't get a refund, either
    Dreaming

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB | | 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B | | Samsung 226BW 22"

Taz
    Thanks
    • Taz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 7600K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB (PCIe) + 1TB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS550M 550W Hybrid
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source 340
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 34" Asus Designo Curve MX34VQ UWQHD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media M350

I have to say that Scan are my first port of call for all computer components. Yes, I get very annoyed with the 'delayed order' emails that they send out and will come on here to vent my frustration every now and then! But, the delivery is free, prices are reasonable and they've got representatives on here who do help out when things go wrong. The range of components is immense and I feel that ordering through Scan is safe, secure and reliable.

Despite the stock issues and delayed orders, I still rate Scan above any other major component retailer. I've been ordering through Scan since 2002 and won't be changing in a hurry.

Thanks
    • Bugbait's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z370 Auros Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Intel i8 8700K (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 4000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, SS 1TB, WD 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-850 Platinum
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 900D (Dual D5 in series: 120.7 - EX360 + EX480) Noctua F & P12 Fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 31MU97
      • Internet:
      • VM Cable (100Meg)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
    Not to be a whiny bitch but in my little circle of gaming PC geeks (around 70 of us) OCUK are very unaffectionately known for how they will bend you over (your PC) very slowly and screw you in the ass. They have even been renamed, but I don't think it would sensible to say what to
    Don't say that, I just sent my faulty RAM (OCZ) back to them today against my better judgment!

Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
    No thats what I thought, and to be fair they were terrible, but the past 2 orders I have made with them have been trouble free and their delivery is usually next day rather than 2/3.

To be fair the Holy Grail of computer shops is KustomPCs never heard a bad word said against them!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    As your last thread we have gone over why we could not simply replace the motherboard due to the physical damage you admitted to regarding pulling the SATA port off. Usually physically damaged hardware can be rejected but we have gone out our way to help and have sent this to the manufacturer to see if they will still accept this on the grounds that it may still be faultly disregarding the broken SATA port. We have no control over how long the manufacturer will have the motherboard before they make a decision but this would have been striaght forward if you didnt pull the port out of the motherboard.

I would imagine any proffesional company would simply just reject a physically damaged board as you know that we can not claim a credit due to the damage.

Regards
    All was described in the other thread, and I was told I would get an answer back from yourselves with information around 2/3 weeks after it had been sent off. But to ignore emails as well!!!

Plus you are making it out that I destroyed the board, which is totally untrue, I did not break the board, but the board broke itself. I pulled away the SATA cable and the port came with it - it's not my choice whether the port comes off or not is it? I now have exactly the same motherboard, that I have had to buy because of how long this has trundled on for and this has not happened to me.

Please explain how you can accuse me of being reckless with respect to this? The person who would have tested the board would have noticed that it was respected, with most of the cables / accessories returned in mint or unused condition - hardly someone who abuses their system! I mentioned this in the other thread that I could have replaced the SATA port, but my better judgement said to note this down as a fault - as this is a FAULT with the board and not with me! - I am a bit stunned at what you have said above.
    Last edited by muddyfox470; 08-05-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muddyfox470 View Post

I did not break the board, but the board broke itself.
    That is like someone dropping a vase and saying it was not my fault my hands were wet.

Despite you didnt intentionally break the motherboard we can not use this excuse to the manufacturer when we make the claim.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    That is like someone dropping a vase and saying it was not my fault my hands were wet.

Despite you didnt intentionally break the motherboard we can not use this excuse to the manufacturer when we make the claim.
    But instead of "the user decided to attack the board, and because of this the port came off" you could say "the user has informed us that the port came off after routine usage, indicating a problem with the manufacture of the board"

As I said I added no extra effort, did not pull at a bad angle or anything, and the motherboard I have had to buy as a replacement doesn't do this.

Thanks

I too have previously had successful dealings with scan in the past, I have also been happy to praise them and defend them in this and similar forums, .and previously they were always my first port of call for any order - but no more.

And I too am an ex-customer, on the basis of the treatment I had on an RMA'd item. (and there wasn't any debate about fault. The item failed within warranty. After nearly two months I was forced to accept a substitute I regarded as lower quality (certainly a cheaper price) you probably made a fiver of me ....

I think you have lost the plot guys - I am sorry.

Thanks
    • Bluey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Premium VE
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6400
      • Memory:
      • 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800) DHX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 500W Enermax Liberty
      • Operating System:
      • xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL 2408WFP-HC
      • Internet:
      • Telewest 20MB

I find it hard to understand how pulling a sata cable from a slot can pull the port from the board unless there was a fault with that slot in the first place.

Thread Information