Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: ScanSure Installation Insurance - Very Impressive

Thanks

Re: ScanSure Installation Insurance - Very Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    As a long term customer, I also think that the way that Scansure is implemented stinks.

I think it could be a great service, but not when it's automatically added to your basket. Regardless of what any of the Scan bods say, it's not immediately clear that it is in your basket, and after all, why would it be in there as you haven't put it there and didn't know about it?
    It's called exploitation. Scansure is, admitted to some extent by Scan, a money spinner. It's very tempting to buy it because the cost is very reasonable. Over the last 5 years I have spent almost £15000, MOSTLY AT scan and I haven't damaged a single item. So it goes without saying that Scan is making alot of money out of this and this was confirmd by a friend of mine at Scan.

But, Scan have a right to make money. At the end of the day that's what matters to them because they are a business.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fadsarmy View Post

But, Scan have a right to make money. At the end of the day that's what matters to them because they are a business.
    Oh absolutely, but the thing they need to remember is that if something is widely disliked by their customers and they refuse to change it, people will go elsewhere as there are plenty of other retailers out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Oh absolutely, but the thing they need to remember is that if something is widely disliked by their customers and they refuse to change it, people will go elsewhere as there are plenty of other retailers out there.
    Your right there are plenty of retailers out there, but if you damage something from those "other" retailers do you have the option for it to be avoided? (all about Choice's)

Everyone has the right to there own opinion of which we fully support, but no one if forcing anyone to purchase the insurance. its a choice like most other things in life.

i personally think that the product is excellent, and by offering it gives our customers the piece of mind to try and build there own machine and not pay someone by the hour to install it. (because people do)

apart from the whole Opt In/Out issue, can anyone tell me what is bad about this Product.

As im genuinely interested to find out.

Many Thanks
    Last edited by Steve A; 26-05-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post

apart from the whole Opt In/Out issue, can anyone tell me what is bad about this Product.

Many Thanks
    Without wishing to presume to speak for anyone else, my guess is that it's precisely the use of opt-out that many people dislike so much.

After all, you don't add any other products by default. You don't decide that you know best what processor or hard drive your customers need and add it for them, you don't decide that they need an AV or security package and add it. You let people decide for themselves IF they want to add something. But for whatever reason, the powers-that-be have decided to add this insurance to customer's baskets, and leave it to them to remove it.

But for the opt-out, Scansure would be a product like any other .... customers can add it if they want it and just ignore it if they don't want it.

5. Received thanks from:

pauleden (26-05-2009)

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

yeah, what he said

As usual Saracen has said it better than I could.

As I stated in the other monumental thread, I would have congratulated Scan on this if it wasn't for the Opt-out nature. Which, judging by the response from you management, was forced upon you by your insurers to try and get as many people taking it up as possible. Which is a politically correct way of saying they hope people either don't notice it has been applied or just accept it and move on, even if they wouldn't have added it if it was opt-in.

Apathy would appear to be a good earner

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Many Thanks
    I have already seen quotes from Scan employees to the contrary, but I feel that, even if it's not the original intention, it will become an attempt to reduce the numbers of RMAs.

I can't help feeling that sooner or later people will be ringing up to say to complain that they've assembled their rig and it doesn't work, and when they return their items they'll be told that they were damaged during assembly and they should have had Scansure, whereas pre-Scansure they would have been refunded.

I have had a large number of faulty components over the past few months, and previously had absolute confidence that if it didn't work in my house, and didn't work in Bolton, I would get a replacement.

I no longer have that confidence, because I feel that I may be blamed for the fault (something I couldn't have seen happen, like electrostatic damage) and left high and dry - because I didn't insure my components.

Again, just to clarify, my opinion is not based on any evidence, it's purely my gut reaction.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Without wishing to presume to speak for anyone else, my guess is that it's precisely the use of opt-out that many people dislike so much.
    *nods

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    I have already seen quotes from Scan employees to the contrary, but I feel that, even if it's not the original intention, it will become an attempt to reduce the numbers of RMAs.

I can't help feeling that sooner or later people will be ringing up to say to complain that they've assembled their rig and it doesn't work, and when they return their items they'll be told that they were damaged during assembly and they should have had Scansure, whereas pre-Scansure they would have been refunded.

I have had a large number of faulty components over the past few months, and previously had absolute confidence that if it didn't work in my house, and didn't work in Bolton, I would get a replacement.

I no longer have that confidence, because I feel that I may be blamed for the fault (something I couldn't have seen happen, like electrostatic damage) and left high and dry - because I didn't insure my components.

Again, just to clarify, my opinion is not based on any evidence, it's purely my gut reaction.
    with respect I have to strongly disagree with you on this one, whether you opt in or out will have absolutley no bareing on whether an RMA is rejected, i can honestly say hand on heart that this would never ever be the case, i know you going to say im bias which in all honestly i would expect you to think/say.

I can also garantee that the managment would never instruct any member of staff to reject an RMA on the grounds whether they did or didnt sign up for ScanSure.

I know your statement is based on "Gut Reaction" but at the same time, its a pretty underhand statement to make, as its basically accusing us of for want of a better word "fraud".

Please dont take this as a personal dig, i know the post may not have come across how you intended, (or maybe it did ) but i'm just responding to what i see.

Many Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

with respect I have to strongly disagree with you on this one, whether you opt in or out will have absolutley no bareing on whether an RMA is rejected, i can honestly say hand on heart that this would never ever be the case, i know you going to say im bias which in all honestly i would expect you to think/say.

I can also garantee that the managment would never instruct any member of staff to reject an RMA on the grounds whether they did or didnt sign up for ScanSure.

I know your statement is based on "Gut Reaction" but at the same time, its a pretty underhand statement to make, as its basically accusing us of for want of a better word "fraud".

Please dont take this as a personal dig, i know the post may not have come across how you intended, (or maybe it did ) but i'm just responding to what i see.

Many Thanks
    Absolutely under no circumstances would a return be predujiced becuase it did or it did not have ScanSure. RMA's will be handled in exactly the same way they were before and the warranty would be invalidated on any physically damage item the same as it always has been for the 9 years I have been here, the only difference now is that a warranty rejection falling into the terms of Scansure would now receive a replacement. Whereas a warranty rejection were Scansure does not exist will continue to the treated in exactly the same way we have always handled warranty rejections.

Wesley
    Returns Manager.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Many Thanks
    I had a feeling it might come across as an accusation, which it isn't - hence why I tried to ensure that nobody would misunderstand, pointing out that it was simply a gut feeling. In other words, that's what I fear could happen, but I have no evidence to suggest that it would happen.

Given your request for people to let you know, I just thought I'd give you my personal reasons for my reservations regarding Scansure - no intentions of hurling accusations around

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre

Thats why i put that bit at the bottom, but i had to make it clear that we would never reject an RMA based on whether Scansure was taken or not,

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

I knew there was something else: the per basket nature of it.

See this thread from tonight: http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...-scansure.html

This has also been brought up in the mamoth news thread about the service. The example I gave was ordering a monitor and a graphics card. It is feasable that I could want Scansure on the graphics card, but I can't see why you would want it on a Monitor. Yet you either pay for delivery twice (or cost Scan two sets of delivery if you are a forum user) or you suck it up and pay more insurance than you actually need.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Your right there are plenty of retailers out there, but if you damage something from those "other" retailers do you have the option for it to be avoided? (all about Choice's)

Everyone has the right to there own opinion of which we fully support, but no one if forcing anyone to purchase the insurance. its a choice like most other things in life.

Many Thanks
    Steve, there's a large flaw in your logic here. Let's say it's my first time using scan and I buy a motherboard and the Scansure is automatically added to my basket and I buy the lot, completely unaware that I've bought insurance and then later on I bend the pins in the socket and kill it. Because the Scansure insurance has been "sneaked" into my basket and I didn't know about it, then how am I supposed to know that I have this great product?

As for being all about choices, well no it's not because it's in my basket by default and I don't know anything about it, so there's absolutely no choice there.

In that case, if it's a choice then make it so that it's opt in instead of opt out (if you happen to see it in your basket) - seems pretty straight forward to me.

The opt in/out thing is all that's bad about this product at the moment as far as I can see, although i haven't used it to make a claim so I've no idea what kind of clauses there are and what's not covered. This is pretty vague though:

10. Damage caused by You failing to follow the manufacturers instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks

Clunk

For customer with Scansure insurance, they receive a Stage 5 E-mail with the Policy documents attached confirming the Policy has been created.

Regards

Registered+
    Thanks

i think this not too bad, wonder how many peple used it.

say i buy a mobo and a gfx card can i get scanseure on mobo only?

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo-7 View Post
    i think this not too bad, wonder how many peple used it.

say i buy a mobo and a gfx card can i get scanseure on mobo only?
    No, the insurance is on the whole order...
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information