Thread: Faulty Mouse

Thanks

Faulty Mouse

Hi all,

Just querying about a faulty mouse that I purchased from Scan. It was delivered on 23rd April and opened on Saturday (2nd May) as it was a birthday present for my son. It is a Logitech G5 gaming mouse. It was faulty out of the box - the middle scroll button did not work when pushed to the left hand side - and I rang Scan on the Saturday morning. Was told that I needed to contact Logitech for a number which I could not do until Tuesday as they do not open at the weekend. Did all this on the Tuesday and rang Scan back with a number to be told that the procedure would be that the mouse would be picked up and sent to them for testing which would have a turnaround period of 10 days. So, I imagine that by the time all the delivery etc was sorted it would be more like a fortnight or so.

I didn't think this was particuarly good for a product which didn't work out of the box. I called Logitech back and explained that this had been a birthday present and they dealt with the problem extremely swiftly and a new mouse is here already.

Is this normal practice for something like this from Scan - my only other return has been to different company for a scanner which didn't work from new and it was exchanged by delivering a new one and picking up the faulty one. It seems a really excessive time for something that is brand new and faulty.

Tracey.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Faulty Mouse

Unfortunately, the bargain prices we pay come at a price, and that price is after sales service.

Whilst Scan are good at communicating - which is worth pointing out.
    Frequently returns will leave you without a product or money for weeks on end, sometimes upto a month.
    Things do get sorted in the end, however it is one of the areas I'm sure they are "looking" at improving.

Re: your mouse, Logitech have a superb record, good on them for sorting you out in such a pro manner.

Thanks

Re: Faulty Mouse

Yes, you are quite right Blackbadger - I hope they do look at this area as I have ordered before from Scan and been very happy with the service but this will make me think twice before I do so again

Tracey

Thread Information