Thread: Suggestion for Scan site...

Thanks

Question Suggestion for Scan site...

It would be great if we could have Amazon style wish lists on the site. The Dabs site offers this service and it is great for watching whether all the bits you want are in stock and at a good price. The last few weeks have been a nightmare of having to add all the bits to the basket every time I want to check them all.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: Suggestion for Scan site...

I'm sure, a while ago, when I added stuff to a basket, it stayed there. And there seems to be a degree of persistence in most shop's baskets. It's irritating to have to add everything back if you've closed the browser, such as starting to put an order together one day and going back to finish it the next day to find it;s gone.

When this changed, I spent some time hunting in my browser settings in case it was something to do with cookie settings, but it seems it be at the server end, setting the basket cookie as non-persistent after session end.

Either wish list or changing the cookie setting would seem like a good idea, at least from my end, but maybe there's a reason for not doing it that way, and one thought that occurs to me is whether either persistent baskets or wish lists might cause a problem with respect to Today Only items after it's ceased to be Today.

SiM
    Thanks
    • SiM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB PC2-6400 OCZ ReaperX + Platinum
      • Storage:
      • 3 x 320gb HD322HJ single platter in Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY GTX285
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650W
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407-HC

Re: Suggestion for Scan site...

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    I'm sure, a while ago, when I added stuff to a basket, it stayed there. And there seems to be a degree of persistence in most shop's baskets. It's irritating to have to add everything back if you've closed the browser, such as starting to put an order together one day and going back to finish it the next day to find it;s gone.
    Good old days. When you could keep Today only items in your basket for a couple of days. lol

I ending up buying loads of extra stuff like that. I add to basket come back later and think, "well its still at the cheap today only price" and I order it, even if I don't really need it. Since it stopped, my random scan orders have stopped.

Thank you for saving me money Scan, "the UK's most customer focussed retailer of PC technology".

4. Received thanks from:

Blackbadger (24-07-2009),pauleden (24-07-2009)

Thread Information