Thread: Why can't Scan Acknowledge Orders at the Weekend?

Registered+
    Thanks

Why can't Scan Acknowledge Orders at the Weekend?

I placed an order with Scan earlier today. I have just checked my email and no confirmation.

So I went online and checked my order history - no order.

I was beginning to think that I must have missed the last step or something and redo the order but then I read

Important note: We do accept orders 24/7 through our online ordering system - however if you have ordered over the weekend please bear in mind your order may not update through email confirmations, Parcel Tracking or My Account section until midday on Monday.
    Why is this? They have a computerised ordering system, they can validate my credit card, so I fail to understand why it can't generate an acknowledgement eMail. I appreciate that they can't physically process the order but why not even a confirmation eMail.

And why do I have to wait until Midday on Monday. I bet if I placed an order on Monday morning at 9am I would get an email confirmation almost immediately.

It then goes onto say

If your order still does not appear or you encounter any kind of error when submitting it, please refrain From placing a duplicate order as this may cause Further problems. In these cases please contact Customer Services on 0871-472-4747 or log an online query here. In order to help us obtain customer feedback from our newly implemented VBV payment system it would be very helpful if you could retain screenshots in the rare event of any errors during the process.
    Which to me is acknowledging that there are known buglets with the system.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks

Re: Why can't Scan Acknowledge Orders at the Weekend?

The orders are processed during opening hours. You will recieve a notification during this period. Normally much sooner than midday.

Registered+
    Thanks

Many thanks that's put my mind at rest.

But as contrustive feedback a simple "we've got your order request" with the usual caveat messages to protect you from mis-prices etc. would be a reassurance to your customers. Can't be that hard to do.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

I ordered a HSF last Sunday and got the email on Sunday night so no complaints from me.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nheather View Post
    ... They have a computerised ordering system, they can validate my credit card, so I fail to understand why it can't generate an acknowledgement eMail. I appreciate that they can't physically process the order but why not even a confirmation eMail....
    AFAIK Scan does not validate your card at time of order, its passed to the card issuer.

If you see stage 2 will follow when Scan actually takes payment from the card and it can be declined here.

I do agree with your principle tho that at least an acknowledgement of transaction could be made at time of placing the order out of hours.

Thread Information