hi scan customer support , problem is that i had a delivery due for today but city-link have pissed me about , , driver said that he tried my adress at 11.40 am which is lies , and then said he carded my adress , more lies so i called there customer support at 12.05 pm , and asked about the fact that there was no delivery tried to be made to my adress , so she said she would contact the driver , drivers reply was that he was now miles away from the adress ,,,and could not deliver more lies

this is my first order with scan , and has dissapointed me that they use a useless shipping company
problem is that i had a customer comming to collect his repaired pc this evening ,now i have to tell him that it will be tuesday before he can get it ,

now i have to travel 30 miles to my nearest depot to collect , what i would really like is a refund on my shipping charge , i paid top dollar for shipping, £20 for 3 items ,rather small items also ..

by no means will this put me off using scan again , but its just sad that they have to use city-link which could ruin a lot of there custom

my Invoice Number: E1374566