• Fractal Design Define R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 24" 120Hz GD245HQ
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb

RMA experience with Scan

I've seen quite a few negative posts relating to Scan's service, so I thought I'd balance it out a bit with my recent RMA experience with them.

In short - it was handled perfectly.

I had ordered a CPU heatsink and fan (which arrived the next day FOC using the Scan2Hexus free shipping ) which I took my time over installing a few days later. However on boot, the fan would not spin. After fiddling with settings in bios and checking it was plugged in correctly, I still could not get any action out of it. So I took it all out and found that the fan blades had sheered off their axle and were only held in place by the motor magnets

Anyway - Scan sorted out a RMA quickly, allowed me to drop off the faulty parts at my local Citylink depot the same day and covered the shipping costs back. On testing it, they found the fault and refunded me the money.

Yes, it was annoying to have a broken part and to waste several hours, but it wasn't Scan's fault and they did everything right to sort it out. Result - a satisfied customer.

2. Received thanks from:

Chris P (07-04-2010),DavidM (10-04-2010),wesleyaldred (30-04-2010)

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: RMA experience with Scan

Always nice to see some positive experience. To be fair, I think the vast majority of customer service issues are handled extremely efficiently, it's just that very few people take the trouble to mention it. (Maybe Scan is somewhat a victim of their own success - good service from them is commonplace enough that people take it for granted!)

Registered+
    Thanks

I have had to RMA a couple items back to Scan and they were excellent! By far the best place I have dealt with.

No problems here..

Thanks

viviennewest

Your posts are being removed as spamming for free carriage.

In future, please make sure your posts are more constructive and helpful to the OP.

Best Regards

Thanks

I must agree I have had no problems with RMA. I ordered a HAF 932 case, and the side door was slightly bent. Now if anyone has seen a HAF 932 they know what a big case it is, Scan said I could just sent the door back and get it replaced. Great service and no problems.

Jon

7. Received thanks from:

Chris P (13-04-2010)

Thanks

Its nice to see some people are having great outcomes with the RMA process and im sure that if my motherboard was still available etc i would no doubt have a replacement now.

Sadly its not and thats where my problems arise. Too many unknowns for me, ive had no emails from scan other than to say it was recieved and then checked then sent to the suppliers. All other snippets of info (very very sketchy depending on who i spoke to) ive had to obtain myself by ringing the RMA dept every other day.

Been told on numerous times by different people at scan that they will request a progress update from the supplier and ive never had any outcome to these. Not even a small glimmer of hope that something may be resolved soon.

Always bought from scan and always recommended them to friends etc. Just seems to be some issue with the RMA procedure if your item is no longer in stock or no longer in production.

Thanks

Personally, I had a great RMA experience.

I had a faulty PSU, Scan organised a pick for me free of charge and shipped another out after testing it was faulty. Must have happened within 2 weeks.

I also think the poor experiences don't truly represent the population of RMA experiences, as I think people tend to complain about an RMA if it's poor as they want it fixed. But the same can't be said the other way, I think you hear less people talk about good service because they got what they wanted.

10. Received thanks from:

leepen@scan (29-04-2010)

Thanks

I also had a great RMA experinece.

Last year I had to RMA: Corsair RAM then Mobo. Samsung HDD I was told to do via Rexo.

Excellent service, quick turnaround. 5 star. I personally think that Scan is the best IT etailer in the UK.

The only thing that I forgot to ask and I believe was (is) my (our) right is to get reimbursement for P&P to return faulty goods for replacement when still within warranty.

12. Received thanks from:

leepen@scan (29-04-2010)

Thanks

I too have had only a single experience a couple of years ago with RMA. It all went fine. At the time, I was lucky enough to be able to be at home when CL called to collect the item. If I were to have to do an RMA now, when I'm not at home during the week, it could potentially be different.

Thread Information