Thread: Wrong memory shipped? CL3 not CL2.5 as advertised?

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Wrong memory shipped? CL3 not CL2.5 as advertised?

Included with my delivery this morning was Scan's Corsair Value Select 1Gb DDR 400 Mhz memory (LN5680). This is clearly advertised as having CAS latency 2.5. However, looking at the memory modules themselves, I notice they are the CAS 3 versions (corsair product code VS1GBKIT400C3).

I haven't tried them out yet, so I don't know if they will run at 2.5, but would it be better to not open the package and return them for the right ones?

Mark
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 06-05-2004 at 04:46 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    This was incorrectly displayed as CAS 2.5 and the website has been updated to reflect the fact it is indeed CAS 3. As such should you wish to contact our Returns Team directly we will arrange for a full refund for you.

Registered+
    Thanks

Cool No need to return, it works great

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred
    This was incorrectly displayed as CAS 2.5 and the website has been updated to reflect the fact it is indeed CAS 3. As such should you wish to contact our Returns Team directly we will arrange for a full refund for you.
    Seeing as I got what I paid for ( I guess ) I decided to give this memory a go. Running it on an MSI K8T NEO FIS2R motherboard with Athlon 64 3000+ CPU. Set memory type to DDR400 in the BIOS, everything else auto detect, it is now running at CAS 2.5 . A couple of hours of memtest showed no problems, so this is memory I'd be happy to recommend to everybody!

Mark
    Last edited by Slothy; 06-05-2004 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Ambiguous typo

Thanks
    Glad to hear that its running well. If you do come across any problems with the memory let us know and we will do our best to help!

Thread Information