Thread: Lack of Communication

Thanks

Question Lack of Communication

Hi Scan and Fellow Forum members, as it seem to it takes half an age to get a response from Scan in any shape or form.

Thought to myself I might as well try it here and see if I have any joy here.

So to begin, I ordered a system from Scan on the 08/04/12 with some slight changes to the default spec e.g: added a SSD, Soundcard , PSU via email.

And that was handled very quickly and I can’t find fault there, and wanted to say thank you to Dawn.

But where it started going south so to speak is when I received an email in regards to the system build which advise me of the intended build date.

I was advised the estimated date of the build would be the 30/04/12.

Good thought to myself, as Phil explained in the email, they are very busy etc, no harm no foul I said to myself(working in operations at Yorkshire Water I know things go wrong/get delayed)

But since then I have attempted on several occasion to contact Scan to have word with either Phil or whoever at Scan in regards to the CPU selection for my build, to see if it’s worthwhile to swap it over from a Sandy Bridge to the new Ivy Bridge CPU.

The response I received last week was deadly silence, granted I did read on this forum there was a NDA in place but an email response of some sort would be nice as I didn't want to delay the build.

What slightly put my nose out of joint was the very short telephone conversation I had on Friday 27/04/2012 with a gentlemen who didn’t really sound to interested to my reason of calling and stated "Yes we have the email, He will get back to you " and even before I could start my next sentence in regards to a 2nd query I had/have(the query was in regards to the storage drive) it was bye... I know it was Friday at 16:30 when I called but come on Scan, 3 emails and no response from anybody?

Granted Phil did email me on the same Friday the 27/04/12 at about 17:25 pm to ask for my contact number(which I was grateful for) to have a chat in regards to the CPU, And I emailed him the next day Saturday 28/04/2012.

Fast-forward to today the 30/04/2012 aka Monday, thought to myself that I might as well try to contact Phil to discuss the Options/Pro's/Con's etc before I go to work(work funny hours).

So I called Scan at 09:57am and was advised Phil was not in yet he would be about an hour, no problem there, left it till 11:27am and called back and was advised that Phil was in a meeting and one would send him an email, No problem there either(Monday being a busy day etc I can understand that).

On my 1st break(work 12pm-20:00pm) at 14:00pm I called again as I yet had not heard anything from Scan, got a rather short and sharp answer of " Phil works in a different section/part of the building and He is currently on lunch and I called the wrong number and a colleague(call at 11:27am) had sent him an email and he will get back in touch " My response was "the reason I called this number of 0871 472 47 47 is, It’s the only number I have “ response was, well let’s call it.... more than less and more that nothing aka Zero.

Please don’t get me wrong, I’m sure/know Phil is a very busy man and has a lot of stuff to do on a daily basis and needs to eat, but one can’t tell me that Phil is the only guy at Scan that can deal with build queries??

And I can also understand that the different departments within Scan are busy, but to have to chase after any form of response for over a week is not what I call " Great Communication" by any known standard of Customer Service that I'm used to from Scan in the past.

So can you please have my 2 queries looked as soon as possible e.g.: CPU and swapping the Storage drive from a 2TB WD20EARX SATA3 HDD to an 2TB Caviar Black WD2002FAEX Hard Drive (my fault, I asked for the wrong one/ I was not clear enough at the time when I made my Build request ).

I would be very grateful and advise me if the build is still on track or are there going to be any delays as I am expecting the system to be dispatched to me for 3/05/12-04/05/12.

I look forward to your reply.

Spinxter (Andy)
    Last edited by Spinxter; 01-05-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks

Re: Lack of Communication

Hi Spinxter

Apologies for any lack of communication you have experienced, if you can confirm your Invoice Number so we can look into this and reply to all of your queries,

Best Regards

Thanks

Re: Lack of Communication

Hi Chris for your reply, had callback today, wheels are set in motion in regards to the build.

Thread Information