Thread: RMA on a Super Palit 780 GTX

Thanks

RMA on a Super Palit 780 GTX

Hello I was just wondering if anyone could look into an RMA that has now run to over a month with no further update other than it is at suppliers?

RMA: 366962

I don't know if it is possible for Scan to contact Palit for an update but it's coming to the stage of being beyond a reasonable amount of time especially as I have no use of my computer without my GPU.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The whole process is becoming a little confusing to me from what I have read and been told it's a very conflicting area for customers and for Scan based on the following:

A customer such as myself buys the most expensive card they have ever paid for £521 including VAT expecting to have a card that won't require an upgrade for a good few years, which had mine not broken I would still be using, then there is also the factor that I am not alone in having issues with these cards it seems that for whatever reason these chipsets don't seem to be doing well all over the internet there are a lot of people saying these Nvidia 780 gtx's have failed after 6 months or a year or a year and a half but they are failing.

Anyway the issue here is based on what information I have gotten it obviously favours me to get a replacement which is what I want anyway I simply want to use my computer. The other way is to get a credit based on Scans valuation, warranty, and use which from what I gather and I think most Customers would agree it's totally unacceptable you don't buy a £521 card have it break even a year and a half later and think that a customer will accept £61.

Anyway I am not having some mad rant at Scan or anyone else for that matter I just think it's getting to the stage where I need something resolved and to know where I stand before it gets to angry conflict scenario

Gav.
    Last edited by GavTheMighty; 19-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: RMA on a Super Palit 780 GTX

GavTheMighty,

I am sorry to hear that the card is taking longer to process than normal, we are currently attempting to secure a repair/replacement card from our suppliers for you.
    The returns department is aware of the situation and will be in touch soon.

Kind regards,

Thanks

Thank you for the prompt reply and hopefully something can be resolved soon.

Cheers.

Gav.

Thanks

18/05/2015 was the date my card was received by Scan. Everything is a bit all over the place now or maybe it's just me and I'm easily confused.

I got one offer of a Card from Amanda by email which I didn't feel was a fair replacement, Then I spoke to a customer rep that said you had two replacement cards of the same type and they would test them to see if one could be sent, When I didn't hear back I phoned this morning to enquire and was told that they might have been sent out to other customers and that the gentleman looking into it for me was very busy yesterday........ Oh and my apologies to whomever I was speaking to my phone battery died right at the end of the conversation.

I was told that the card was being tested by the suppliers a few days ago, then I was told the card was actually sent to the distributor and they agreed to offer a replacement/credit or something along those lines. So I'm getting a little confused as to where or whom the card was/is with and to what's happening now?

This is becoming quite frustrating.

Thread Information