Thread: What's the deal with orders which are not in stock?

Thanks

What's the deal with orders which are not in stock?

Hi guys,

So on Monday I ordered the eVGA GTX 980ti Classified from Scan with the stock information saying that they would be expecting stock to come in today. I spoke to a Live Chat agent yesterday who said that they would email me if there was any change or problem.

Fast forward to today; nothing has changed - I've read that Scan expect deliveries from suppliers until 18:30 in the evening. I haven't received any email from Scan regarding a delay and the product page still says its due in today.

What is going on? Is it Scan's policy to not bother emailing or communicating with customers if there is a delay with stock for their order? Despite some customers like me spending over £600 on an order?

Has anyone been in this boat before?

Just to reiterate; the product page says stock is still due in today as does my order despite it being 18:35 in the evening so I doubt it will be here tomorrow.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Re: What's the deal with orders which are not in stock?

Probably takes a while to check everything, log it in and update the systems...
    You have refreshed the page, I assume?

Back in my day, the ordering T&Cs for anything and everything said, "Please allow up to 28 days for delivery" - None of this next day stuff!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Probably takes a while to check everything, log it in and update the systems...
    You have refreshed the page, I assume?
    Yeah I've kept refreshing but still no update. I'd post the URL but I can't as Hexus requires a minimum of 5 posts before you can post URLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Back in my day, the ordering T&Cs for anything and everything said, "Please allow up to 28 days for delivery" - None of this next day stuff!!!
    Haha fair enough, I don't expect it next day though. I do expect however some element of communication to be kept between a company that I've placed a very expensive order with and me, especially when their system doesn't seem correct and they said that they would email me if there were any problems.

Not good so far.

Thanks
    • stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair 3600 MHZ Cas 18
      • Storage:
      • 250GB BX500, M500 240GB, SN750 1TB NVME, mechs - Hitachi 1TB. WDblue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" Panasonix viera (1080p limited RGB)
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6gb-e...mhz-cores-2816

the delayed stock could be due to the migrants? if coming by rail or lorry from suppliers, massive delays and hold ups at the French border.
    there's a lot of products showing 'overdue' on SCAN at the moment.

and/or

loads of people are getting new systems because of the new stuff coming out. customers have ordered 12 items, scan only getting 10 from supplier situation. you'll have to wait until next batch made/allocated before youll get yours. just depends when you ordered it and where you are on the list.

the despatch warehouse also could be really busy because of this, and they just ran out of time to process everything.

only scan can tell you exactly, but even they might not know the full details of when they'll arrive, stuff happens in business like that. you just have to be patient, or order a different item, after checking they definitely have the other one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevie lee View Post

the delayed stock could be due to the migrants? if coming by rail or lorry from suppliers, massive delays and hold ups at the French border.
    there's a lot of products showing 'overdue' on SCAN at the moment.

and/or

loads of people are getting new systems because of the new stuff coming out. customers have ordered 12 items, scan only getting 10 from supplier situation. you'll have to wait until next batch made/allocated before youll get yours. just depends when you ordered it and where you are on the list.

the despatch warehouse also could be really busy because of this, and they just ran out of time to process everything.

only scan can tell you exactly, but even they might not know the full details of when they'll arrive, stuff happens in business like that. you just have to be patient, or order a different item, after checking they definitely have the other one.
    Yes it could very well be due to the migrants but without Scan communicating with me or sending a simple email, I don't know that and the only thing I can do is sit here and post on forums asking for opinions with nothing to go on.

If the amount of orders they have won't be met by the amount of stock they are receiving for a specific date, then the system shouldn't show the same stock arrival date for new orders should it?
    What I mean is if I ordered it on Monday and they have 201 orders for the item including mine but they are only planning on receiving 150 cards from the supplier for the date listed on the item when I made my order, then that's not right and clearly the system doesn't work as it should. I'd instead expect the system to either stop orders or change the expected date if too many orders are put through the system that exceeds the expected arriving stock quantity for a particular date.

With regards to where I am on the list, the expected stock receiving date on my order should reflect my place on that list and whether that stock is assigned to my order should it not? That date was today. Otherwise its pointless having a date on there as it could turn out to be a round robin.

Obviously all of the above is just speculation on whether it actually does that. I will mention as-well that for some reason the system did originally allow me to book a delivery for the order for Tuesday despite fully knowing that additional stock wasn't expected until today which I thought was a little silly.

My main concern is the lack of communication since the date I've been given hasn't turned out correct. I was promised an email and that hasn't been given so apart from contacting them, the only thing I can think to do is see whether anyone else has had this type of problem before and how/whether it was resolved.

Working for a company where we are expected to keep customers up to date about what's going on, we sort of grow into a habit of expecting it back. Then again spending the amount I have on the order I think I can sort of expect to be kept in the loop about what is going on when I've been told I will but haven't.

As for ordering another item, I won't be doing that I'm afraid. Spending this much on a single component I am only going for this one; I was originally going to buy a Kingpin but got fed up of waiting for a notification from eVGA for orders to open again for those cards, as they are only available direct from eVGA .

I'll have to have a word with Scan tomorrow on the Phone instead of the Live Chat I think. Clearly the support I received through Live Chat wasn't entirely helpful.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Chris6273,

I can see you've been speaking with the facebook team over this.

We are currently chasing EVGA for updates and will update you once we have more information.

Best Regards,

Thanks

So I've been communicating with Scan on Facebook and what has come as a bit of a shock is the date they have given me for the batch - 18/08/2015. I don't know where the hell they got 05/08/2015 from in the first place but with such a long delay, it almost seems to me like they've put that on there to try and get people to pre-order. A delay of almost two weeks sounds very suspicious to me.

Looking around the Scan forums themselves, there is a thread on there that in-fact asked about the delay with the Classified on the 29/07/2015 saying the batch was actually due in then but was moved to the 5th.

Even if they were in 'High demand', you'd expect the date they gave for the 5th would be somewhat accurate, not almost two weeks difference.

I don't know who their supplier is and where they are getting their numbers, but if the company I worked for had a batch delay of almost 3 weeks in total, there would be serious questions asked as to whether the supplier should remain one for the company. A 3 week delay from the original date is disgusting.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Chris6273,

The dates for these cards are constantly slipping as it demand for them is still a lot higher than what EVGA can produce card-wise at the moment.

The suppliers for the EVGA cards are actually EVGA themselves, so we can only apologise for the delays in the stock arriving direct from EVGA.

If you check the following link you will also see that EVGA's own store is currently out of stock as well with an auto-notify button to alert when they come available so it does look like there is a major constraint of the stock of these cards at the present time.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Lee H; 07-08-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post
    Chris6273,

The dates for these cards are constantly slipping as it demand for them is still a lot higher than what EVGA can produce card-wise at the moment.

The suppliers for the EVGA cards are actually EVGA themselves directly, so we can only apologise for the delays in the stock arriving direct from EVGA.

If you check the following link you will also see that EVGA's own store is currently out of stock as well with an auto-notify button to alert when they come available so it does look like there is a major constraint of the stock of these cards at the present time.

Best Regards,
    That's not the complete problem I have, the other half is whether my order would actually form part of that batch you receive; the chap on the other end of the Live Chat session I had on Tuesday (I think it was) said that the batch arriving may not be big enough for the orders and therefore mine could be delayed until the next one.

The fact it has in-fact been delayed since 29/07/2015, what kind of backlog is there with these cards? Surely if the original order for these cards was done before 29/07/2015 then I would have thought any orders after this could be delayed after orders placed before then unless you have ordered a larger amount? Therefore I'll actually have to wait longer?

Even if I was to wait until the 18th, there's no guarantee the stock will arrive is there?

Thanks

chris6273,

We create a number of PO's with EVGA to receive a higher allocation of stock once its available, 1 of the PO's is overdue from the 5th August, there is a second for the 18th August, which is for 1 piece more than the number of pre-order's we have in place. So as long as we receive the whole allocation on this date you will be allocated a card and it will be shipped,

However based on previous ETA's slipping and us not receiving our whole allocation, often only a few pieces, we cant guarantee any of the dates, which by definition are Estimated.

We buy directly from EVGA, their own site has no stock or ETA... We appreciate the long delay but really there is nothing we can do other than to keep chasing stock and updating as EVGA update us. We want nothing more than to have stock to ship to you, I appreciate how frustrating this is.

You could amend the order or cancel at any time, but there shouldn't be anyone that receives stock before us as we source directly from EVGA but yes there are no gaurantes at the moment with stock of this card.

Best Regards

Thanks

I'm afraid I've asked for my order to be cancelled as I can order from elsewhere which seems to have a steadier supply of these cards and an expected stock date sooner than that of Scan.

Also it appears as though they don't have a backlog so I have been guaranteed a card from them as soon as stock arrives.

Thanks for your help guys but I'm just not going to keep my order with yourselves when the new ETA which may not even be kept to and is almost 2 weeks after the original ETA.

Thread Information