Thread: Scan and bought in shop returns?

Thanks

Scan and bought in shop returns?

Went to Scan on Saturday and bought my self an nVidia Shield K1 8" gaming android tablet to replace my Dell Venue 11 Pro Win10 tablet.

Idea was something smaller, lighter, simpler, better battery life.

reading the reviews most people get 5 to 6 hours out of a full charge when using it constantly.

me, newp, 3 hours maximum, the Dell lasts 4 to 5 hours, and I'm not even gaming, YouTube and surfing the web, brightness at 1/5th.

Using a Motorola phone charger, not some 99p POS.

So, I'm off tomorrow and can go back to scan.

what are scan like for things like this?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Scan and bought in shop returns?

Someone on the geforce forums had an issue with the battery. He did a factory reset and removed wakelock. As the K1 doesn't officially have google play support afaik. If that doesn't resolve it I don't see why scan wouldn't take it back as its clearly got a fault. As quote from a review "five hours of video streaming on a single charge and about four hours of intense gaming before the battery dies."

Maybe the review version had Lollipop and the new ones have Marshmallow from the factory?

Thanks

this review report massively better battery life than I'm getting

expertreviews shows than the nvidia is one of the better ones for battery life

"With near-identical hardware, it was no surprise that the K1 turned in almost the exact same battery life score as the original Shield Tablet. At 12 hours 39 minutes, it’s among the better 8in tablets, but still falls slightly behind Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2 and Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, which both managed over 14 hours. Even so, you’ll get a full day of use from the K1, and should manage over five hours when playing graphically intensive games."

I'll try a reset tonight.

Thanks

done a reset, full charge, now playing a 10 hour HD YouTube video to see if I can get above 3 hours

Thread Information