Thread: Scan has [b]b0rked[/b] my order.

Thanks

Scan has [b]b0rked[/b] my order.

Hello,
    Im extremly disapointed with my recent scan order. I would like a complete refund and I doubt I will ever be ordering from scan again.

I ordered a viewsonic VX912 TFT and dvi cable on the 9th Dec.

Today, Wednesday, it arrived, where as I think I requested Saturday delivery, although that might have been a different order.

I did not recive a Viewsonic VX912, the main part of my order. Instead without informing me - not even on the dispatch email I was sent a sony SDM-HS94P.
    I have opened, and breifly used the item, before deciding thatit is not in anyway good enough when compared with the item I ordered, and the amount that it costs.

I also recived a free gift, which was a PCI ADSL modem. It appears to be used - I.e a prevously returned item. the selotape and stickersthatsealthebox were already broken when I recived it. Also it had driver disk, manual or anything. Infact it was box + card + cable. Thats it, so its not usable anyway.

There was no mention of these changes to my order except an invoice not matching what I ordered inside the second package (with the free gift)
    The emails from scan listed the items I ordered and not the replacements.

I am amazed that I was not asked about my order, to change the item or cancel it, but instead just randomly chosing a crapper, although more expensive product.

Also the invioce I recived was wrong. The item on it was SDM-HS94S. Note the S. I recived a SDM-HS94P.

The money was taken from my account on the 10th, day after ordering. Now it is standard, atleast from my previous online shopping experience for companys not to charge the account untill the item is in stock and ready for dispatch. This is not something I am bothered about that much, apart from the fact that even though you have had my money almost a month, you still manage to get the order compleatly utterly wrong.

I am also vey disapointed with citylink, again. I am disapointed with them becuase they attempted delivery today before I got in from work, yet couldnt be arsed to even put a card through my door. I only relised it was attempted thought the citylink parcel tracking (after reading the email from scan).
    Had I not read the dispatch email and went to the citylink tracking site, I would not have been able to collect the item, and it would have been returned to you in 5 days, as they do when items are not collected - assuming they forget to put a card through when they re-attempt delivery.
    Citylink, atleast in crawley, provide a very lacking service and I advise you to change to a better service, not that I will be shopping with you again...

I would like a refund for this item. Not a replacement, and not the item I oringinally ordered, as I have already ordered the item from a more reliable shop.
    The packaging is still in as good condition as it was when citylink gave it to me - which was not perfect.
    The invoice I did not read untill after, it being in the other package. At first I had assumed that the VX912 I had ordered had simply been reboxed, which was the main reson I opened it.

After trying this monitor, I very quickly decided it was just not good enough, and is not even close to what I was expecting (I have seen viewsonic VX912's before).

I will not be paying return postage and I expect it to be picked up on a saturday as I do not have the ability to post it myself, and I am at work in the week.

Please note that even if I had ordered the sony SDM-HS94P, I would be returning it anyway, due to the fact it has a few thousand dead/always on sub-pixels, and several always off pixels. I expec you must get many sonys returned becuase of quality issues...
    My email to scan.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 06-01-2005 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Silent

Has anyone rang to discuss the matter with you? i can assure you that this is not normal and i intend to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks
    Yes I was phoned yesterday while at work. It was very frustraing as the phone line was very poor, I could hardly hear what was being said. I think scan needs new phone lines. I had to ask the bloke to email me to check I heard him right.

I was told that scan could not arrange for the items to be picked up in the evening or at week ends, and that I would HAVE to get them picked up from my place of work. I find this shocking, that I am expected to provide this service, and what if I didnt have a car to get to work?

If I were living on my own, and getting a bus to work everyday, working 8:30-5:00, what would scan do then?

Right now, I am quite pissed off with scan. At this point I am considering sending a written complaint becuase the service is unacceptable. Who should I address such a comlaint to?

Firstly, I will not be sending the items back untill scan has confirmed I will be getting a FULL refund. I earlyer sent an email, with this question, yet it was compleatly ignored.

Next I am told, that after sending the item back monday night by citylink (pre-paid), that I will have to wait 10-14 days, possibly longer for the RMA to be processed. This is before they even pass my RMA on to refund departement.

So chances are, I will be waiting 3 weeks from tuesday for the £380 owed to me. The £380 was taken from my account on the 10th dec, so you can understand why I am very annoyed about this.

Steve A - please can you detail any T&C etc.. which refer to any kind of restocking fees etc.. I will not be paying any fees, and I want a full refund, and confirmation of this.

If this is not possible, then a replacement - of the RIGHT item, will be my preferance instead, atleast then I can sell it for almost the full price instead of paying fees which I should not have to pay.

This brings back memorys of PC ZONE magazine, which I used to read a lot, scan always had quite a few complaints about service. Lets agree to disagree on our opinions of scans service.

Quote Originally Posted by from scan RMA email

Please ensure you do not mark the packaging with any RMA information as
    items received back at scan not in original condition will be subject
    to a restocking fee of up to 25%. As stipulated above a loose sheet of
    paper with the RMA information on is more than adequate.
    I am concerned about this, as the packaging is slightly damaged ( a small dent inthe box etc..), which is how it was when collected from citylink. I assume that if there is any problem, that the original delivery was insured to cover such damage.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 08-01-2005 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scan T&C
    b) Delivery

? We will try to deliver the goods to you within the time estimated for delivery.
    ? If we are unable to do so, we reserve the right to deliver them within 30 days beginning with the day after the day of the agreement between us.
    ? If we are unable to deliver the goods to you within 30 days beginning with the day after the day of the agreement:

1. we shall inform you by e-mail ;
    2. we shall make a further offer to you by e-mail to sell you the goods of the specification and description at the price stated in the e-mail and will state the period for which the offer or the price remains valid ;
    3. unless you accept the offer we will reimburse any sum paid by you or on your behalf under or in relation to the agreement within a period of 30 days beginning with the day after the day on which the time for delivery expired.
    ah, so I was sent the wrong item, because it was getting close to 30 days from when the money was taken, which being asap after orders are placed. Scan was therefore trying to aviod giving me a refund as stated above.

As I never recived the TFT monitor, I do not see why I should have to wait 2 weeks for an RMA, as the item sent is not part of the legal contract between me and scan.

I was NOT informed of this change to my order, therfore unable to accept it, therfore there is no legal contract covering the RMA of this monitor.

I will be phoning trading standards, to find out what my rights are.

I really cant be arsed with this. Could scan have b0rked my order ANY worse?
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 08-01-2005 at 12:45 AM.

Kensey66 - XBL
    Thanks
    • Sk!mD4Rk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5E WS Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q9450
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 1tb raid0, 1tb external
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Antec truepower 580
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Del 2407
      • Internet:
      • 2mb plusnet
    There is no need to comment as this doesn't effect you.

Thanks
    Please use the HEXUS Trust system to comment on suppliers, that's what it's there for.
    Last edited by Stoo; 08-01-2005 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks
    My opinion of scan probably couldnt be posted here. Nothing against the staff though, they just have fked up T&C which I wouldnt expect from a UK company, but maybe an american one I wouldnt be suprised.

I woud rather order from overclockers.co.uk, I think that says a lot.

I will not be ordering from scan again atleast untill there T&C are changed.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 08-01-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Do me a favour and PM me the Invoice Number or RMA number and i will see what the score is on this. And do you have the original packaging for the monitor??
    Last edited by Steve A; 11-01-2005 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks
    The item was posted monday the 10th, and I pm'ed you yet still no reply not even to confirm it has been recived.. Citylinks site says deliveryed on the 11th.

I would to know how far my rma has got.
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 19-01-2005 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Silent

Your RMA has been processed this morning and a credit note has been raised so you should get the full refund within the next 3-4 working days.

Thanks
    Thanks.

Thread Information