Thread: RMA - Items Tested, No Fault Found?

Thanks

Exclamation RMA - Items Tested, No Fault Found?

Hi All

I would like to share my recent experience with SCAN returns department, maybe someone here can tell me if it was fairly judged.

I have RMA'ed Radeon FURY x, for the reason of flickering LED logo, which is very disturbing, especially at night time. Also, I have mentioned about a so-called "coil whine" noise but that is bearable.
    Today I received an email that there were no faults found with the card, but the person testing the card put in a description:

"Radeon red LEDs not flickering - they did for 5 seconds, but this appears to have been a power draw issue, which resolved itself"

Just this statement, how is that not a fault? This flickering is far more disturbing than 5 seconds and happens at random, both in desktop and 3D apps

Please, have a look at the below video I have recorded before shipping the card and tell me if you think that this looks alright to you.

Any help appreciated as I do feel this case was judged unfairly.

Thanks
    Rav

Thanks

Re: RMA - Items Tested, No Fault Found?

Can't see any video or help you on this matter. Some returns just happen that way but a piece of advice. Buy your parts from Amazon, best returns in the business, you usually have your refund before you have even walked home from the post office.
    Jon

Thanks

Can a mod delete this post? I have managed to post video in other topic. Sorry and thanks!

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

As this is in Scans section, I am reluctant to delete a post- however I have closed the thread to avoid confusion.

For info, posts in the commercial sections are normally for the staff of the relevant company to answer, rather than for general discussion by the HEXUS community.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thread Information