Thread: Not so keen on the censorship that happens on this forum

Thanks

Not so keen on the censorship that happens on this forum

On Wednesday 29 May 2019 I tried to reply to the thread entitled:
    "I'd be wary to order from SCAN again - their RMA process is dubious"
    to address the follow-up questions that others had asked.

My reply, because I'm a new member on the forums, had to wait for moderator approval before being posted. More than 2 days later, it still hasn't appeared. I guess one of the moderators who works for SCAN doesn't really like the subject of my discussion and decided to censor my post.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Not so keen on the censorship that happens on this forum

Hi, thank you for your post. You are quite correct in that your post was put in moderation because some aspect fitted a profile that some spammers use. I actually released your initial post from the moderation queue, as I have with the two subsequent ones.

Scan’s moderators are completely separate from HEXUS and can only moderate in the Scan forums - HEXUS moderators and Admins can do both.

But it was not a case of censorship, merely that your subsequent post hadn’t been spotted. The Scan support forums are not for general discussion by forum members, but foruse by Scan staff.

Hope that helps explain the situation, and welcome to HEXUS.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks
    • leexgx's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Rampage extream II
      • CPU:
      • i7-920 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 6GB OCZ gold 1600
      • Storage:
      • M225 250GB, 1TB segate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX480
      • PSU:
      • Thermaltake 1000W
      • Case:
      • antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Internet:
      • real super fast VM 51MB (not fake 24mb superfast thats infact 1mb)

Quote Originally Posted by parrsec View Post
    On Wednesday 29 May 2019 I tried to reply to the thread entitled:
    "I'd be wary to order from SCAN again - their RMA process is dubious"
    to address the follow-up questions that others had asked.

My reply, because I'm a new member on the forums, had to wait for moderator approval before being posted. More than 2 days later, it still hasn't appeared. I guess one of the moderators who works for SCAN doesn't really like the subject of my discussion and decided to censor my post.
    I have to agree on topic of random locking not sure why it was really required , testing for a fault on ups is not as clear cut as other stuff they sell so likely not loaded same way so posting a helpful post can be nice to have

It's likely they only tested the ups at half load (as they said it lasted 25 mins?) It's not that they are saying your lieing it's just that they might of not put the same near 80% ish load on it ,was more likely it was 100w pc load or they switched it on with nothing connected and left it for 25 minutes and classed it as working

as I did say in my last post I would recommend getting a ups VA rating for expected half load or close to it, so something like around 1000VA gives you more uptime and more optimal load on the ups and as the battery starts to hold less of a charge later in it's life (so if it only stay up for 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes you have got good indication that the battery is near end of life), it give you a little leeway before it can't keep the load up, the built in self test if it has it can give you prior warning witch APC ups do normally have as they switch to battery when on mains to do self test every so often if the battery can't hold up for more then 5 seconds it jumps back to mains and sounds a alarm and battery fault light flashes (in most cases this should not interrupt power to the connected device if battery is gone or can't provided enough power)

Unsure if you get a message of this immediately or not, but I have a copy of this is also deleted by someone (mod could just move the whole topic elsewhere if they don't this in here, but not helpful when stuff is deleted)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leexgx View Post

(mod could just move the whole topic elsewhere if they don't this in here, but not helpful when stuff is deleted)
    Not as easy as that, unless it's changed since I left the Mod team.

Bear in mind, Scan forums are for Scan after-sale support, not as a generic tech discussion arena. As Scan mods are only mods in these areas, I'd expect them to get "permission denied" if they tried to move a thread out of the Scan section into a HEXUS section.

HEXUS mods (or at least, super-mods or Admins) could move threads, but HEXUS mods don't generally interfere in Scan forums unless it's something adversely affecting HEXUS ... like something illegal, grossly offensive, etc. These sections are for Scan to moderate, as they see fit. What HEXUS mods won't do, in my experience, is try to decide what is or isn't a Scan support issue. That is entirely for Scan to determine.

So if it's a Scan after-sale support issue, it's not for Hexus mods to interfere, and if it isn't, deletion is about the only option open to Scan mods.

The solution? IMHO, of course ....

Post Scan after-sales support issues in Scan sections, and general tech discussions in the relevant HEXUS section.

Thread Information