Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Series Founders Edition

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: 30 Series Founders Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nelke View Post
    I got the option of a buy button but each time I clicked it I got an out of stock banner at the top of the screen, I was on the site about 13:09. So they were all gone within 2min.
    I managed to get the same today when the FE card's came into stock but along with hundreds of other people I think we were simply just too slow

The 3090 FE card's were available for over an hour after I believe but those card's are a little bit overkill compared to the rest of my PC not to mention around double the price of a 3080.

Thanks

There is kind of a pattern on when scan drops which can increase your likelihood of getting it, I noticed they usually drop on wednesdays every fortnight. Thats how I predicted and managed to grab one. But recently it's been unpredictable as they dropped at 8pm recently.

Thanks

dumb question and thread necro, does scan remove the 30xx card household/IP restriction at all or is it permanent? there are people out there who actually need a GPU and not for resale...
    the amount of scan gpu's ending up on ebay is insane, I personally know a person who's sold at least 10 founder edtitions cards from scan using various mom/dad/friend addresses as well as VPNs etc.. it's madness

I managed to buy one card back in February, which is the 3060ti - I could really use another one for my secondary PC. is it too much to ask :/ I can actually prove i still have the first card it and use it.... whereas most people around me I knoew bought them to resell immediately... it's a completely broken situation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janskit View Post
    dumb question and thread necro, does scan remove the 30xx card household/IP restriction at all or is it permanent? there are people out there who actually need a GPU and not for resale...
    the amount of scan gpu's ending up on ebay is insane, I personally know a person who's sold at least 10 founder edtitions cards from scan using various mom/dad/friend addresses as well as VPNs etc.. it's madness

I managed to buy one card back in February, which is the 3060ti - I could really use another one for my secondary PC. is it too much to ask :/ I can actually prove i still have the first card it and use it.... whereas most people around me I knoew bought them to resell immediately... it's a completely broken situation
    From what I read it is permenant for FE cards/1 year from 1st purchase (not 100% believing this).

Given the situation, Scan are doing well to follow Nvidia requirements for their FE cards, improved massively since Feb 2021, and although not perfect their system does seem to reach the genuine buyer and keep bots away. There are always ways to circumvent their systems.

Thanks

Interesting. Yeah kudos to Scan for FE selling so far, it's just sad to see so many of them go straight to ebay!

Thanks
    • dcwt2010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.0GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 96GB SSD Kingston V100+, 1TB Samsung
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2GB 660 ti Palit Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 24in
      • Internet:
      • Virginmedia 30Mbs

Quote Originally Posted by janskit View Post

Sad to hear there are still many successful scalpers but at least you've got one 3000 series card, a lot of us are still wanting to get hold of one ourselves too.
    Last edited by dcwt2010; 17-05-2021 at 01:37 PM. Reason: grammer

Thanks

I absolutely agree, I was super lucky in February.

Thanks

I was lucky in December, wasn't even really trying to get a card but managed to get a 3060Ti on release day, I wanted a 3080FE, and still do but now the rules have been changed so I'm scuppered, I'm also not here a lot of the time to actually game on the card so the temptation to ask any mates if they want it, if not to chuck it at CEX for £807!!! cash is really tempting..

Thanks
    • not_my_ip's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E8200 @3.21
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB 800 TwinX
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 7500
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty 400W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Swing
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns G HU196D
      • Internet:
      • Adsl24

There have been 2 drops recently, last Thursday and this today. Already lots of 3060ti landing up on ebay. Cars were gone in a few minutes. For really good price, but I will not pay £800 for it on ebay.
    I guess we will have to wait.

Registered+
    Thanks

I've counted like five drops already in June, that's the most I've seen in a month since launch. I actually made my first attempt to purchase during Friday's drop and had the 3080 in my basket for a bit, before it disappeared because I was mulling over the 3060 Ti

Nowhere as difficult as I thought it would be. There's light on the horizon guys, if this drop frequency continues to improve, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to nab one soon.

Thanks

Here's hoping.

Registered+
    Thanks

Don't mean to necro but first drop of the month came in this morning (10am) for the 3070, 3080 and 3090. Hope the eagle-eyed among us managed to grab one if they're still looking!

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Don't mean to necro but first drop of the month came in this morning (10am) for the 3070, 3080 and 3090. Hope the eagle-eyed among us managed to grab one if they're still looking!
    There were no RTX3060TI GPUs!

Thanks

Still sat on my 3060Ti, still wanting a 3080FE, the guy at work that said he'd get me one left his phone and wallet at home today lol..

Thanks

Does anyone know what return policy is for FE cards ? Nvidia had 30 day no quibble policy i think but i cant find anything FE specific on scan website.

Thanks

Initially looking at a 3070 or 3080, without any success.

I have just given up as its very frustrating in this current climate.

I wish everyone the best in their search.
    Deo Adjuvante non Timendum

Thread Information