Thread: RTX 3080 Alternatives.

Zuh
    Registered+
    Thanks

RTX 3080 Alternatives.

Since Scan rep has become active again I have a question:

For both RTX 3080 and 3090 we now have free stock of FTW3 ULTRA which we will be offering as an alternative to existing EVGA pre-order customers over the coming days.
    Why free stock is being offered only to the same brand pre-order holders? I pre-ordered MSI card and looking at lack of any deliveries or prospects, I would gladly take advantage of similar opportunity.

I understand why queues are separated by brands but with new lines, but I don't see the reason why free stock needs to be offered only to specified group of customers.

On the back of that I want say that your FAQ page is great! I'm first time Scan customer and I'm impressed with transparency and frequent updates.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: RTX 3080 Alternatives.

Makes sense to me.

I’ve pre ordered a strix OC, if a strix non OC came into stock I think I would expect first refusal over someone who had ordered a different brand.

I echo your thoughts regarding the FAQ page though! Great work!

Zuh
    Registered+
    Thanks

I guess that was it for the year, no more SCAN rep on the forum

... and then you read that costumer service is busy, I wonder why?
    If there would only be a form of communication where you can maintain dialog with the number of customers at once, instead giving them only the option to reach you individually

Quote Originally Posted by Matt72933 View Post
    Makes sense to me.

I’ve pre ordered a strix OC, if a strix non OC came into stock I think I would expect first refusal over someone who had ordered a different brand.

I echo your thoughts regarding the FAQ page though! Great work!

I just noticed your reply.

Some brands can deliver more cards then the others, as we observed. I don't think someone should wait weeks or months longer for his 3080 just because he bet on the wrong brand. I think not many ppl are brand-loyal, they would change their pick knowing the current situation. Whats wrong with that? We want a RTX 3080, are we?
    Last edited by Zuh; 27-11-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Yeah true....it's a difficult one, and ultimately you will never keep everyone happy.

But if you had ordered a different EVGA sku, would you want the FTW 3 ultras that came in being offered to people in the MSI queue first?

Unfortunately the real issue is the lack of cards from all brands that is causing the problems

Thread Information