Thread: Poor quality Thermaltake Core V1 case...

Thanks
    • PowerPie5000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Noctua NH-U12A Cooler
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (4X8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVME SSD + 3TB Toshiba P300 SATA HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB AMD Radeon RX 5700 - PowerColor Red Dragon
      • PSU:
      • 750W Riotoro Enigma G2 Modular PSU (Seasonic Focus Plus Gold)
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P400A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B - 144Hz 1440P Nano IPS
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 76Mb

Poor quality Thermaltake Core V1 case...

I bought a Thermaltake Core V1 (white) from Scan recently and have only just finished putting together the build after waiting on parts. I've noticed the case has a warped front panel which has a couple of bumps/dents to one side of the metal mesh... Even the badge isn't on straight. It's a fairly cheap case and I almost let the defects slide, until I powered it up! The front 200mm fan is terrible! It makes a rattling/grinding noise at low speeds and makes random ticking and "chuffing" noises when running at higher speeds (comes and goes as if the fan goes out of balance). One of the side panels also has a few noticeable paint bubbles/lumps.

What can I do about this? Is there any way a replacement front panel and fan can be sent out? I'd prefer not to have to dismantle this PC and not be able to use it. What are my options?

Cheers

Thanks

Re: Poor quality Thermaltake Core V1 case...

Can't find the link now but someone else received a case recently not in great condition

Edit : Found it : https://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-h...d-damaged.html
    Last edited by Jonj1611; 28-01-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    Can't find the link now but someone else received a case recently not in great condition

Edit : Found it : https://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-h...d-damaged.html
    That was me and the issue to this day still hasn't been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
    I bought a Thermaltake Core V1 (white) from Scan recently and have only just finished putting together the build after waiting on parts. I've noticed the case has a warped front panel which has a couple of bumps/dents to one side of the metal mesh... Even the badge isn't on straight. It's a fairly cheap case and I almost let the defects slide, until I powered it up! The front 200mm fan is terrible! It makes a rattling/grinding noise at low speeds and makes random ticking and "chuffing" noises when running at higher speeds (comes and goes as if the fan goes out of balance). One of the side panels also has a few noticeable paint bubbles/lumps.

What can I do about this? Is there any way a replacement front panel and fan can be sent out? I'd prefer not to have to dismantle this PC and not be able to use it. What are my options?

Cheers
    Depending how you paid, I'd raise a dispute with PayPal/Card Issuer right away. I wouldn't even bother contacting SCAN to raise a complaint, it will be a waste of time. If it was me I wouldn't be happy just asking for a front panel/fan replacement, there could be other hidden damages that you're not aware of. Ultimately we both paid for a damaged product that was likely mishandled, we have every right to demand a complete new replacement or a full refund.

Thanks
    • PowerPie5000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P400A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 76Mb

Quote Originally Posted by yippyUK View Post
    Depending how you paid, I'd raise a dispute with PayPal/Card Issuer right away. I wouldn't even bother contacting SCAN to raise a complaint, it will be a waste of time. If it was me I wouldn't be happy just asking for a front panel/fan replacement, there could be other hidden damages that you're not aware of. Ultimately we both paid for a damaged product that was likely mishandled, we have every right to demand a complete new replacement or a full refund.
    I paid using Paypal, but I've never really had any issues using their RMA service in the past as I'd just drive there and get it sorted the same day (about 45 mins from where I live). Unfortunately I don't think they'll be open during lockdown and I can't be bothered stripping down the PC and then waiting ages for a replacement case. It's not an expensive case and I'd be fine with a front panel & fan replacement. The drive mounts/bays are also bit naff as they're bits of flimsy metal that you have to "wedge" in place and then fasten with a single screw.... Not a defect, just a cheap and sloppy design. Thermaltake are not what they used to be.

Registered+
    Thanks

Would u say its because of the way SCAN Have stored the item or a genuine defect from Manufacturer? If you believe its from Manufacturer then stay clear in the future of that brand.

Thanks
    • PowerPie5000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P400A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 76Mb

Quote Originally Posted by AzzaBiceps View Post
    Would u say its because of the way SCAN Have stored the item or a genuine defect from Manufacturer? If you believe its from Manufacturer then stay clear in the future of that brand.
    I'm thinking it's poor QC from Thermaltake. It's a relatively cheap case and it shows. The removable and very bendy/flimsy drive bays are plain nasty in the way they attach to the case. Defects in the paint work, 200mm fan that rattles, warped/dented front panel, wonky badge and even the power and HDD LED's glow through the thin plastic surrounding the buttons and USB ports. The case looks nice... From a distance.

I've not heard from Scan since 03/02/21 and it's a bit of a pain trying to send them picture or video files... Especially videos as they're making me use a service called "WeTransfer" to send them, and then Scan don't pick up the files at the other end and the service expires! No idea what's going on with this at the moment?

Thread Information