Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First purchase from SCAN and the product arrived damaged

Registered+
    Thanks

First purchase from SCAN and the product arrived damaged

The item in question is the Fractal Design Meshify 2 computer case. It was delivered by UPS via their Access Point service. Basically they deliver it to a local shop where I can pick it up, works out cheaper on the delivery charge.

So when I got the package home and started to unbox it, I noticed a rattling noise from inside the computer case and found these:

After further inspection, I noticed a crack at the bottom of the front pannel:

So I carefully removed the front panel and looked at the back. You can clearly see where the 2 plastic studs snapped off from indicated by the yellow circles. It supposed to look like the ones in the green circles which are attached.

This was my first ever purchase with SCAN and its safe to say i'm not happy at all. It was the last item I needed to start my PC build and I was looking forward to it, now i'm just left feeling disappointed. Whether the blame lies with SCAN, UPS or the local shop for the damage, I will never know. I just hope SCAN does the right thing and ensure this RMA process goes smoothly and done as quick as possible.

Last edited by yippyUK; 05-01-2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: uploaded more images

2. Received thanks from:

souper (07-01-2021)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • MintyPolo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Strix X570-F
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 5600X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB m.2, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB x 2 + 500GB x1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
      • Case:
      • Corsair iCUE 4000X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer Predator XB252Q 240Hz
      • Internet:
      • Some silly fast FTTP

Re: First purchase from SCAN and the product arrived damaged

Can't help but feel that today's competition was made for you

But in all seriousness, sorry to hear this. Hope Scan quickly sort out a replacement for you!! Keep us updated!

Registered+
    Thanks

Still going though the RMA process, They asked for images, I promptly provided. Haven't heard back since.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • souper's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 11700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO - 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe PCIe 3.0, 2 x 2TB HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 10GB EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750x, Modular, Silent, 80PLUS GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung C32JG5x 1920 x 1080 (32")
      • Internet:
      • 69 mb BT

That's really unfortunate, i hope it wasn't someone at the shop eager for a look inside that caused the damage. I have always had great results from SCAN....

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yippyUK View Post
    Still going though the RMA process, They asked for images, I promptly provided. Haven't heard back since.
    The process to issue you an RMA number can take a couple of days. Then in my experience a couple more days to approve it when they receive the case back.

I have had it twice with scan, once with a case that was cracked and had some sticky pads applied to a glass panel that shouldn't have been. The other was a high end motherboard, the box sticker had been cut, and the IO shield was bent at a 45 degree angle.

I am convinced both items had already been returned by someone before me, however Scan refused to admit this.

Both times RMA took about a week from initial call to them within 20 mins of delivery, and receiving the replacement part.

Are you sorted yet?

Registered+
    Thanks

No, the last I heard from SCAN was on the 5th January requesting images of the damage which I promptly sent within hours. Raised a dispute with PayPal since I lost confidence that it will be sorted by SCAN.

Registered+
    Thanks

Still no replacement or a refund, this issue is still ongoing...

It's coming up to a month now and I've only had two responses from them so far. They said they requested a replacement front panel from the manufacturer "when" it becomes available. However that wouldn't even solve the issue as there are dents & bent metal on the main structure (have they even properly acknowledged the damage?), so a entire replacement of the unit is required. I'm currently going through the final stages of the PayPal dispute, hopefully getting a 3rd party involved will force them to offer a full replacement or a refund.

It's an absolute joke that this issue has prolonged for this long.

Registered+
    Thanks

This doesn't really encourage confidence in Scans RMA process that you have had no response in such a long period of time.

I'm having a similar experience with another retailer who has asked me to ship the item back to China when it was dispatched from the UK, thankfully PayPal covers £15 of the return cost now and I'm just waiting on them to hopefully resolve the case.

Registered+
    Thanks

It's coming up to a month now and I've only had two responses from them so far. They said they requested a replacement front panel from the manufacturer "when" it becomes available. However that wouldn't even solve the issue as there are dents & bent metal on the main structure (have they even properly acknowledged the damage?), so a entire replacement of the unit is required. I'm currently going through the final stages of the PayPal dispute, hopefully getting a 3rd party involved will force them to offer a full replacement or a refund.

Wow

I would be on the phone to them every day badgering for an update, and would definitely have lost my rag and demanded a refund by now.

Have they actually denied you a refund?

Have you seen they have an RMA tracker on their website too?

Registered+
    Thanks

That's honestly ridiculous and not on. Have you tried to get the matter escalated? It should not take a MONTH to sort the issue out. And why only the front panel? The case is damaged. I'd want a replacement case not just front panel.

It sucks, but its reasons like this more and more people are moving to buying from Amazon. Item damaged? No questions asked, replacement or refund. I'd rather pay a slight mark up on the same item just for Amazon's return policy.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padcontrol View Post
    It sucks, but its reasons like this more and more people are moving to buying from Amazon. Item damaged? No questions asked, replacement or refund. I'd rather pay a slight mark up on the same item just for Amazon's return policy.
    That only applies to items "Sold and Dispatched by Amazon", you have to be very careful when purchasing from Amazon to make sure it says this.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamg View Post
    That only applies to items "Sold and Dispatched by Amazon", you have to be very careful when purchasing from Amazon to make sure it says this.
    Yep correct. Forgot to mention that part. A lot of people have messed up because of that.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padcontrol View Post
    That's honestly ridiculous and not on. Have you tried to get the matter escalated? It should not take a MONTH to sort the issue out. And why only the front panel? The case is damaged. I'd want a replacement case not just front panel.
    Well PayPal has decided in my favor that I should receive a refund provided I return the damaged item back to SCAN, which is not a problem. However I would have to pay for the return postage to get it sent back. So I contacted SCAN asking if they could provide a prepaid returns label or a refund for the cost of sending it back to them as it states in their T & C's that I would be entitled to it.

Guess what they said? Apparently I did not report the damage within 48 hours so they are not required to do so. You seriously couldn't make this up, the day I received the item I inspected it and on the same night I reported the damage to SCAN. They even sent a message back the next day acknowledging the issue and asked for images of the damage. I messaged them back with screenshot evidence of the communication I had with them and to no surprise they fell silent. I'm seriously considering reporting them to trading standards because this entire thing has been a complete sh*tshow.

Unfortunately I have no choice, but to pay the cost of sending the case back to them as PayPal have given me a 10 day deadline to upload tracking details via their resolution procedure, otherwise I would lose the refund and the case would be closed in SCAN's favor. It should be delivered tomorrow but somehow I've got a feeling SCAN will do/say something to wriggle their way out of it.

felt like uploading this so that they can be shamed.
    Last edited by yippyUK; 02-02-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt72933 View Post

Have they actually denied you a refund?

Have you seen they have an RMA tracker on their website too?
    They haven't denied me a refund but I get the sense that they are trying to wriggle out of it, saying they contacted the manufacturer for a replacement part which i refused. I haven't even got to the RMA stage yet, as they are simply not responding. So I thought enough is enough I'll escalate it with PayPal instead.

Registered+
    Thanks

Errr they should definitely provide you with a prepaid return label. The item is faulty.

Just a small bit taken off which?:

Returning faulty goods bought online
    The Consumer Contracts Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

If you receive goods that are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same rights under the Consumer Rights Act as you have when buying face to face.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item don't apply where the goods being returned are faulty.
    ------------------

So it is completely within your rights to receive a prepaid label by the store. In addition to the fact that you informed them within their 48 hours T an C requirement.

This is just Scan being scums at this point and I would definitely take this matter further.

Registered+
    Thanks

Did you get full refund back for the item and take it on the chin with the shipping? Really surpsied by scan here as my RMA's before have been flawless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information