Thread: Not pleased at all

Registered+
    Thanks

Not pleased at all

Ordered with Scan on Saturday night for some Corsair XMS RAM. Got the usual confirmation e-mail stating that I placed an order etc. I then wait a few days (until today) to ask why my order has not been completed yet. I get a reply stating that I was sent an e-mail informing me of declined payment.

I did not receive this e-mail and the 'Parcel Tracking' page did not say anything about it either. So I've put in a new order and received the confirmation e-mail. My payment again does not seem to be authorised, though I have no e-mail stating this (as per the last time). The item in question is now actually out of stock since this mess started so now I have to wait even longer, (which was in stock when I ordered it the first time).

My details are correct, I use the card for payment all the time, (and used it with Scan all but a few weeks ago for £300+) and am a bit annoyed over the lack of information and delays to my order, especially when I need the item at high priority.

Thanks
    Ring them, their a friendly bunch I have had similar issues but rang them and twas resolved in minutes first time round and they made sure it was dispatched that day
    .: Predator :.

- Shuttle SN25P - A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.7GHz - 1GB PQI Ultra DDR - X850XT - Asus DVD-ROM - 200GB Maxtor + 2*80GB SATAII -

Thanks
    DaveOwl,

Can you pease pm me your invoice number and i will do my best to get this issue sorted for you.

Thanks

Steve

Registered+
    Thanks
    Sorry Steve, didn't re-visit the forum til just now so didn't see the reply. The problem has now been resolved.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firelord
    Ring them, their a friendly bunch I have had similar issues but rang them and twas resolved in minutes first time round and they made sure it was dispatched that day
    Their most friendly bunch, obviously you have never been into the shop!!!! Bloody hell I have never come across a more unfriendly bunch of people and what really takes the biscuit is it that they have utter disregard for manners. Every time I have been in, I feel like I’m not the customer and i'm not going to purchase something from them!!!!! They won't accommodate customers' needs. You ever heard of the customer is right!!!!!!

The way they treat customers and more importantly me, is putting me off ever purchasing from Scan.

Ah well enough of a bitch

Thanks
    Snoopafella,

I sometimes work on the counter side of things and obviously try and keep up the good customer relations, however it can be stressful down there as normally its very busy . I would say that the guys and girls downstairs at the current moment are normally very helpful.

If you would like to PM me further details of why you feel as though the Counter Side of Scan is unfriendly and I shall pass it onto the relevant manager as we are always looking at improving in any areas we can

Regards
    Last edited by Carlh; 13-07-2005 at 02:23 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopafella
    Their most friendly bunch, obviously you have never been into the shop!!!! Bloody hell I have never come across a more unfriendly bunch of people and what really takes the biscuit is it that they have utter disregard for manners.
    <whine>

Hah, you think that's bad? Try the people answering the phone on the other end of the RMA form that you've been given refusing to talk to you, and telling you that you have to phone some other number. Then when you finally get through to $TechSupportBloke, being told that the motherboard and processor you bought in a mixit bundle deal:

a) are compatible;
    b) are both working fine, and have no problems whatsoever; and
    c) won't work together for some unknown reason

and that the only way to solve your problem is to pay £15 for an "upgrade" to a motherboard that has fewer features than the one you bought, meaning you also have to go and shell out £30 for a decent 802.11g card, too.

I did get a nice email from Rox, promising to investigate, a couple of months after posting a long whinge on Hexus' retailer.feedback though. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my main complaint that said $TechSupportBloke was either hopelessly inept or lying.

</whine>
    Last edited by RDevz; 15-07-2005 at 02:10 AM. Reason: I suck at the spelling.

Thanks
    RDevz,

Have you actually tried ringing them at all or are you just moaning about it in here?

Have you actively tried to resolve the issue or have you just sat here typing instead? Best thing to do is to pick up the telephone and speak to someone, if they can't help go to the supervisor then on to the manager etc etc and trust me things get resolved quickly the higher you go!
    .: Predator :.

- Shuttle SN25P - A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.7GHz - 1GB PQI Ultra DDR - X850XT - Asus DVD-ROM - 200GB Maxtor + 2*80GB SATAII -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firelord
    RDevz,

Have you actually tried ringing them at all or are you just moaning about it in here?

Have you actively tried to resolve the issue or have you just sat here typing instead? Best thing to do is to pick up the telephone and speak to someone, if they can't help go to the supervisor then on to the manager etc etc and trust me things get resolved quickly the higher you go!
    Yeah, it happened 6 months ago, and the machine has been working fine, with the exception of the odd BSOD when quitting a game that uses the UT engine. Which is something to do with nVidia's wonderful drivers. I'm still extremely bitter about being actively lied to in an effort to get me to shut up and go away (especially when you're complaining in the little returns office, in full view of the people waiting at the sales desk), that's all.

Thread Information