Thread: Managed account no more

Thanks

Managed account no more

Dear Scan,

I am contacting you on behalf of my boss about our business account here at Parc Computer Centre. We've always found your service good, except for a few problems which are mainly to do with stock. Two weeks ago we had an order for several bits for various customers, required for next day delivery which you provide as standard. The bits did not arrive the following day. We were then told that the items were out of stock, even though the website stated otherwise. After getting through to a manager, we were promised by him that we would recieve the bits by 12pm the next day. The following day nothing arrived at 12pm, we got in contact then to find out that someone picking the order had found that part was no longer in stock. We we finally recieved the order at 6:10pm on Friday evening.

I understand that items may not be in stock, however, what we had ordered definately was in stock at the time. This has occurred before, and being a business customer it might have been nice to been informed that it was not in stock by phone. As an employee, I have only answered the phone on one occassion when this has been the case over the summer period. I continue to use yourselves as my supplier with my home account and have never had a problem with you, but I can understand why my employer got angry. Putting several thousand pounds through you, I'd expect business users to get more, not less service than the retail customer like myself that graciously recieves free delivery. It would be nice to see stock levels on the site, an accurate ones too.

As this was not the first time it had occured, my boss with his reasonably short temper (understandably) flipped and has decided to move onto another supplier(s). I think its a shame to loose trust with you guys over this, but I would definately like to see an improvement with this, and I'm sure we would start dealing with you if things improved. My employer has in no way persuaded me to write this, as he doesnt' even know I get free delivery , but I know he won't change his decision until things have changed, and I feel its a shame to stop doing business with you guys.

The ball is in your court!

Best regards,

Toby

Registered+
    Thanks
    Toby,

Just to let you know i have brought this post to the attention of the relevant department manager, who will investigate the contents.

Wesley

Thanks
    Thanks for the update, knew I could rely on you guys

Thanks
    Any update on this please?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Tobeman, I have received a responce from the managed account manager and am posting it here for you.

I have looked into the circumstances surrounding the enquiry and found that there were delays due partly to Scan and partly out of Scans control.

When the original order was placed we were required to wait for external authorisation to proceed with the order and until that authorisation had been obtained the order could not be processed. This was finally obtained late afternoon and too late to process the order for dispatch on the Wednesday afternoon. This was confirmed to Parc computers at the time. The delay on Thursday was down to a system issue and for this reason our MD authorized in this instance to send the delivery for same day service at great expense to Scan Computers. Unfortunately the order did only arrive early evening.

While we understand that orders are required urgently, at this time of year due to demand delays can happen for whatever reason, however, we do have a high rate of success in processing orders in good time and the majority of those do not reach the headlines.

Thread Information