Thread: Matching pricing

Thanks

Matching pricing

Before you enter this forum it has

"SCAN is arguably the UK's most customer focussed retailer of PC technology"

In my opinion not so.

I contacted Scan to ask about price matching and the reply was "depends on the product"

I have contacted other online retailers and they just say yes no problem, please give details of other online retailer.

The items I wanted to purchase where High end graphics card and high end Psu.
    Around £500,
    May aswell just purchase from other online retailers.

My gripe is that I do usually shop from scan.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtell
    Before you enter this forum it has

"SCAN is arguably the UK's most customer focussed retailer of PC technology"

In my opinion not so.

I contacted Scan to ask about price matching and the reply was "depends on the product"

I have contacted other online retailers and they just say yes no problem, please give details of other online retailer.

The items I wanted to purchase where High end graphics card and high end Psu.
    Around £500,
    May aswell just purchase from other online retailers.

My gripe is that I do usually shop from scan.
    Is there a question here, or is it just your opinion on Scans price matching policy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2
    I don't work for scan, so this should not be in any way considered an official response.

When I have used scan, I have found them, after free postage, to be the cheapest around. Plus the fact that should there be any problems, then the guys at Scan are more helpful than any I have spoken to at any other retailer.

The otherthing is that different companies policies regarding price matching differ, and it would be ludicrous to suggest that simply because company X offers it, companies Y & Z should offer it also. I personally, much as a result of this forum, have used scan in the case where they may be a penny or two more expensive, but I have found it much more helpful in the case of any questions/problems. I don't follow how you equate a price matching policy with being the most customer focussed retailer, its not simply about the prices, but the service also included.

I'm sure DavidM or one of the otherguys will respond, buts that my impression however,

Dave

Thanks
    I suppose I am being a bit unfair.
    Scan reserve the right to sell any product at whatever price they choose.
    If I want to purchase a product at the best price it is up to me to shop where that product is cheapest.
    I was only going to save about £20 anyway, I was dissapointed at scans responce.
    I "will" continue to shop at scan as I have shopped at scan many times.

Thanks
    Don't ask them to price match but ask them to put it in "Today only"

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    When I was getting al the stuff for my rig I found that the differences between Scan and elsewhere were tiny, once you factor ion the free deilvery and frankly superb customer support I'm more than happy to go with them (I wonder if I'm on my 10th order yet...) basically they're the best out there.
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Thanks
    Eversince the first time I made an order through Scan, back in early 2002, I've never regretted shopping through them. Their prices are very competitive, sometimes not as cheap as other places, but usually only a pound or 2 in it. And now I get free delivery, well, that's just a bonus.

Thanks
    I've been shopping with Scan for about 4 years, and in that time i've returned only 1 item. (Well 2 now, if you look at the "Recommendation" thread).

Each time, I was dealt with professionally and courtesously. TBH, I haven't found anywhere else like Scan.

I've checked a few places out, and although certain items could be cheaper elsewhere, in the long run, especially with pricing a full system up, and with free delivery, SCAN cannot be beaten.

The only existing gripe I do have with Scan is the strong bolton accent, and those crap CSS/BF2 players j/k lub j00 guys
    LANNAGE! JUICE! LANNAGE! JUICE! LANNAGE! JUICE! LANNAGE! JUICE!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [GO]Milky
    GameOn LAN Admin / Moderator / Spam Buster / Battlefield 2 Hoe / Scan/NFF Staff Abuser

Thanks
    It would depend on the actual product.

If another supplier has a lower cost than our cost price on a product (which can vary based on purchasing times, currency fluctuations etc) then we can't really be expected to sell it at a loss.

However, if it is possible, we'll see if it can be done.

But as has already been said - sending a TodayOnly request (see sig below) - is the best way

Thanks
    A lot of impressive recomendations posted before me.
    Like I said I was probably harsh in what I said.
    I will continue to shop at Scan as a lot of their products are cheaper than other retailers and if there is something cheaper I can contact Scan and ask for a price match which depending on the product I "may" get.
    Tnank you.
    One other thing I would like to mention, Scans range could be more comprehensive.
    Like their range of Memory, "lack of range" no G.Skill, Geil, OCZ etc.
    Mother Boards, no DFI.
    This is not a complaint just a dissapointent.

Thread Information