Thread: Status of my order - please put my mind at rest

Thanks

Status of my order - please put my mind at rest

Hi,

First - I'm terrible at waiting for something once it's been ordered so this past week hasn't been easy for me

I ordered on Friday 24th, finance was approved on Mon 27th.

I've used Scan finance to buy most of the parts I need for a new system and the last I heard was that the order has been delayed, waiting for the ASUS A8R32-MVP motherboard. The estimated lead time was yesterday, a week after I ordered.

I haven't had any follow up e-mails since last Monday and my business partner who ordered the exact same thing as me (except he used his own credit) has been fondling his new system since that Monday

I sent an Online Query yesterday morning as to the status of the motherboard and asking for reassurance that the rest of my items had been put aside but I've heard nothing back yet. Some more of the items in my order have since slipped out of stock so I'd quite like to know for certain that I'm only waiting for the motherboard.

Who can I PM to help find this out for me? I tried ringing the helpline and was told the motherboard is due in today now but I couldn't afford to hang on while the rest of my items were checked.

I can't even change my order as the finance people have already taken their processing fee. I got a letter this morning saying to contact them immediately if I hadn't received my order yet but I thought I'd try on here first to see what was going on.

Oh and it's my birthday tomorrow so it all being shipped out today would be nice

Cheers,

Luke

Thanks
    Can you PM your real name and postcode, and i'll ask someone to check into this.

Thanks
    I've PMed and thanks for the quick reply

Thanks
    Thanks - i've forwarded the information to my colleagues in Customer Services to look into for you.

Thanks
    I see your helplines close at 5:30 so has anyone at Scan found out the status of my order.

Parcel tracking still says it's due for despatch on 27 March

Thanks for the help,

Luke

Thanks
    Still no reply and I'm only asking if the rest of my order is safe and waiting for the motherboard.

Finding out when that's due would also be nice.

I'm kind of obsessive and until this order turns up I'm not going to be able to concentrate on anything else. Knowing what's going on, even if it's bad news, will allow me to at least get on with other stuff.

Cheers,

Luke

Thanks
    OK I got a reply from Monday's query. Some how the case has now joined the motherboard out of stock! I thought the order was put aside when one piece was out of stock. Now there's no idea when these things will turn up.

I know everything I ordered was in stock when I ordered it as after placing my order I talked my friend through ordering the exact same things. He's got his, I haven't got mine. If I could wait for my stuff I wouldn't have used finance!

I think you should put aside the stock when someone orders and the finance has been accepted. Obviously send out the stuff when all the paperwork is complete but put it aside as soon as finance is accepted. I doubt it's going to be easy for me to change my order. You can't even offer me a similar or better motherboard as there isn't one. It seems that Scan are the only ones without the motherboard in stock

What's the deal with cancelling an order with finance? How do I reclaim my £25 processing fee?

Thanks,

Luke

Thanks
    No, the goods are reserved when the finance agreement is recieved. We can't reserve orders just because an agreement has been placed... people do change their mind.

The processing fee is not from ourselves. You will need to speak to the finance company about that.

Thread Information