Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3XS System - Broke Again!

Thanks
    Its ready and waiting for delivery to you tomorrow
    Last edited by Craig@Scan; 24-04-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks
    Oh Sweet!

Just checked my emails now I am back home from college and it managed to get sent of today and will arrive according to city link on the 25/04/06.

Wow, picked at 20:11pm. Now thats some service. Had already arranged to be late for work tommorow morning though so thats fine. (Told my Boss at 5:30 as she was leaving that I might be late, lol. I have a nice manager )

Thank You. Will post a reply tommorow confirming its been recieved and is working ok.

Thanks
    I have just got the PC and its all working fine.
    Thanks for your help!

Oh and thanks for all those tests. There was this thought that I would not be able to reply on the computer, but seeing the screenshots on the desktop of 4 3D Benchmark Results, 2 Burn in Test Results, 4 PC Mark Results, 2 HotCPU Test Results, and 2 Reboot test results is very reasuring. I appreciate that a lot, so thank you!

Thanks
    Great to hear it! Scan has once again been top
    --

Thanks
    Hi Scan Again,

Thought I should keep the same thread as I am having issues with the same computer. But I am sure alot of people on Hexus forums might know about this so maybe I should pop it into the HEXUS.HardStuff area? Anyway...

Regarding the continuing inconsistant issue about the PC not powering on correctly that has been happening since I first got the PC. Sorry in the delay, but i have exams in a few weeks so am very busy with that and a full time accounts job and part time software development.

Issue: I turn the power on from an off state, it makes noises and the fans spin, but nothing happens. No monitor display, no beep codes. I then hit restart, or power off and on and it then boots fine. Not a real problem as I can get it to work, and get my work done ok for the time being.

I have spent the past few many weeks trying to work out what was different when it happens, but I have not managed to spot anything yet? Have checked, reseated cards, connections. Even discussed with my companys IT department...

Few possibilitys we came up with:-
    - Houses power spikes and messes up the boot when I turn it on. As I have 5 other PC's in the house that have never had any problems, not sure if this is the case? Will be poping to Argos today to grab a Surge protector to test this, but from what I heard from my companys IT manager, its unlikly to be the case.
    - Unstable power supply when PC is turned on, as it requests alot at boot? I can borrow a spare company UPS to see if that helps maybe? But that would not make a difference anyway?
    - PSU is not suffeciant. All the hardware in the PC wants power at boot, So the PC wants too much power and it triggers a switch in the PSU. Problem only accurs at boot as once the PC is running power needs are alot lower again?

So searching hexus I noted this thread:-
    http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.p...&highlight=psu

My PC (the one in My System) came with a 430w PSU stated as "1 PSU/TAGAN/430W/U15 430W TAGAN MODULAR T430-U15 2F" on the invoice.

On the eXtreme site, adding my hardware to it, it says I need 446w of power. But there are points 3 and 4 at the bottom about surging and ageing, so I added 20% in both as they recomended. This now stats I need 625w PSU? What on earth?

In an email to scan shortly before I purchased the PC on the 20th January 2006, I asked about the PSU as I thought it might be a bit low, for a dual gpu system. I got a reply from Lee saying "In regards to your query, the PSU within that quote would be fine for the specification".

Please can someone at Scan let me know what I should do? Should my PC have a better PSU in it? Do I need a Surge Protector? What other tests can I do to work out whats up with it?

Many Thanks

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Hi Ross.

I've just copied this over to the system support department and they are aware of this and are currently investigating a few things.

In the future for faster response's if you OLQ the system support team as a first point of call they will be able to rectify this quicker as they tend not to browse here that much

As for the PSU in the system config - that was selected by the systembuild department and they generally tend to know their onions as they spend all day fiddling with PSU's, motherboards and all other things silcon based.

Anyway - one of the system build department should be contacting you shortly once they have an idea about the cause.

Best Regards,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN
    As for the PSU in the system config - that was selected by the systembuild department and they generally tend to know their onions as they spend all day fiddling with PSU's, motherboards and all other things silcon based.
    Yeah, see now thats why I think its odd? You guys would know better than most about whats needed, so I am completely stuck as to what it could be?

I will use OLQ from now on then, its just I don't like the system much compared to forum threads.

I can't view my old OLQ's, or get copys sent from the site to my email, And for some reason, when Gmail gets them, it does not stack them in one conversation, it makes a new conversation for every one of your replys. Even though the subject is the same?

But anyway, thanks for that Lee.

Thread Information