Thread: Kworld DVB-T 310U USB2 Analogue and Digital Tuner

Registered+
    Thanks

Kworld DVB-T 310U USB2 Analogue and Digital Tuner

Purchased from Scan. Tuner will only pick up 37 channels rather than the 60 I can get on my very old (Nokia On-Digital) set top box. It refuses to pick up the ITV/Channel4/C5 multiplex on 482000 - signal is from roof arial with no strength problems. Have downloaded patches from kworld to no avail. Have tried adding the channels manually and it shows a % in the hypermedia software which I assume means it is getting a signal but no sound or picture.
    Athlon 1800 HIS9550 128mb 17" AcerTFT DVI

Thanks
    try different software, maybe the hypermedia software isnt offsetting the signal correctly.

Gateshead/Blueyonderland-Sky-Vergin on mad
    Thanks
    Get the updated software from the site http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/index_digital.htm

Read the instructions cos it aint the easiest install.
    Not the best of hardware/software but it works OK and for the price....well.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help, have managed to get it to work by running a new cable direct from the arial, shortening the length of coax by probably two thirds. Strange thing is my very old (as in ondigital era) nokia branded set top box had no problem with the signal strength from the old lead.

Any suggestions for alternative software? I tried downloading windows vista to use the media centre software but the picture was much more pixelly and jumpy, but the hypermedia software is very flakey so an alternative would be appreciated.
    Athlon 1800 HIS9550 128mb 17" AcerTFT DVI

Gateshead/Blueyonderland-Sky-Vergin on mad
    Thanks
    You need to figure out the software you`ve got cos it does work. Digital likes a much better signal strength so tenfds to be either on or off completely.
    A good aerial or (shudder...I`m a radio man) a decent (no such thing in the cheapie end) pre amp or better aerial is normall required unless you`re already in a good area and preferably not swamped by 2 txs near you.
    Just hope you ain`t got any ol` cb`ers near you or me on 70cms mobile which also sends some of the older police radar guns wild (3rd and 5th harmonics= 128mph round Hyde Park roundabout?) ...... old story that but true.
    My Nokia has a heap of gain in the onboard pre amp which explains your good signal off that as the original broadcasts werwe`nt expected to be strong. Sorry...hands problems and ol laptops don n go together.
    No doubt some of the other guys will come up with siofteware both pay an free but I`m happy niuff with theirs now I`ve figgered it out.
    Mebbe try a goggle or haila YAhoot, preferably without their new Y worm

Thread Information