Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citylink problems

I am Domo-Kun, hear me Roooaaaarrrrrrr!!! uchiha_itachi's Avatar
    Thanks

Citylink problems

I ordered an item on Thursday 7th sept for a dvd writer and mousemat. I received a text message on Friday saying the item had been despatched and to expect delivery of the items on Monday.

Well someone has been in all day waiting for this, however citylink didn't arrive. I imagine they were probably delayed and that it would arrive on Tuesday. But when I checked the tracking from my accounts page on the scan website, according to citylink they have come and gone, and left a card.

Now I have no card, and the one person waiting for them all day says citylink did not come round. I'm just not believing citylink. Could someone from scan find out where my order is, as I am not going down to the citylink warehouse because there is no way they attempted delivery today.

Thanks
    I have logged a query for you with Customer Services, who are looking into this for you now.

Your reference number is OLQ 414464

Regards

Thanks
    I have had this problem with citylink before. Their tracking says they have "carded" you but they are lying

Thanks
    Yeah, I've also had this problem with CityLink in the past, and they've changed their policy now, they no longer attempt redelivery and give you 5 days to collect it from the depot before they send it back.

To be honest I think most couriers are the same, had the a very bad experience with Amtrak recently as well!!

Thanks
    GFiSH

According to Customer Services this is not the case with Scan deliveries and City Link have not changed their policy.

http://www.scan.co.uk/delivery/

Regards

Thanks
    I'd hope they haven't changed. If they pretend to card you, they have made no effort what so ever. Reminds me of a story i heard about delivery companies in spain.

My mate saw a guy on a bike delivering "Attempted delivery while you were out" cards, to all relevent houses even if people were in and they stated the cutomer had to go and collect the item! Interesting method of delivery

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GFiSH View Post
    I've also had this problem with CityLink in the past, and they've changed their policy now, they no longer attempt redelivery and give you 5 days to collect it from the depot before they send it back.
    I get deliveries about 3+ times weekly from City Link from different suppliers. My delivery guy told me the same thing yesterday, although this may not apply to Scan, but there's certainly been a change there recently.

I had a failed delivery on Friday at a time I was in and no card was left - it could be interesting to see if they'd returned the item to the supplier (not Scan) without me getting a card! I made a fuss over that particular delivery since I knew the usual guy wouldn't try such a con. The despatch office went and checked, asked my door colour and agreed that the driver obviously hadn't tried. The item wasn't delivered yesterday, even though CityLink came with a Scan delivery and they always used to automatically redeliver on the next working day.

Thanks
    They never leave a card here, apart from a single time a few weeks back. It makes tracking the parcel so much harder as you have no idea what time they called short of logging into their website and checking, but you shouldn't have to do that!

At my old address the driver was perfect always regular on timing so you could plan around it and always left cards when I wasn't in. At my new house they are the complete opposite.

Thanks
    To confirm City Link have not recently changed their re-delivery policy.

Delivery process as taken from http://www.scan.co.uk/delivery

Our process…

Our process from the point of ordering to the point of despatch from Scan is detailed on our Ordering page.

This is our process from the point of despatch:

* Once your order has reached Stage 4 of 4 and has been despatched to Citylink, they guarantee next working day delivery (unless you have a Saturday pre-12pm delivery booked) The delivery service booking will depend on what you have selected at the point of ordering.

* Once despatched, delivery will be made solely to the address specified by Scan at the point of despatch and any subsequent redirection requests are chargeable by Citylink (ie. redelivery to an alternative address). If you are not available for the delivery (during the time frame booked at the point of ordering) cannot collect the parcel and are not able to pay for a redirection charge then another alternative would be redelivery to a neighbour. Citylink do not normally charge extra for this, and therefore we don't. They just need our nod of approval so in these cases please contact us directly.

* You can track your delivery with Citylink using their online parcel tracking service at www.city-link.co.uk. There you can also obtain contact details for your local depot, using their "Find Your Branch" link. If you need to ring Citylink, please ensure you quote their Consignment Ref, which can be obtained from our Parcel Tracking service or your "Stage 4 of 4" confirmation email.

* The delivery will require a signature from someone at the address specified. This is strictly enforced for security purposes. If you are unavailable on the scheduled delivery date, Citylink should leave a calling card and take the parcel back to your local depot. The delivery should then be automatically attempted the next working day. If delivery is still not successful then your parcel will be held until you make contact with Citylink to rearrange the delivery on a more convenient day.

* If there is no-one available to take delivery at the address specified, you can collect the parcel from your local depot, with 2 forms of ID.

* If delivery has not been successful within approx 5 days, the parcel will automatically be returned to Scan by Citylink. If this happens, Scan will have been charged for an outgoing journey and a return journey, so in these rare cases we issue a refund minus delivery charges to cover some of our costs.

Regards

Thanks
    Perhaps you need to remind city link of this, they have tried the same thing with me on an order.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    I've got a small delivery from Scan due today, I'll try and remember to ask the driver what sort of delivery that's logged as.

Thanks
    Just to follow up on my last post, the Scan delivery was marked with a 'B' on the drivers sheet. This means it's a business delivery, only to the stated address and an automatic next day redelivery in the event of no one being in on the 1st attempt.

City Link do have other codes (not from Scan deliveries) now which means that some items can be delivered to neighbours and/or no automatic redelivery. I guess some relief drivers may get confused with the codes?

jac
    Registered+
    Thanks
    My City Link story beat all these(This happened last week). All though the order was not with SCAN but Misco, but they also use City Link.

I ordered a 700W OCZ Game X power supply from Misco and City Link delivered it the the wrong street and even the wrong house number.

So City Link gave my parcel to a person two streets down from me. Lucky for me the person they gave it to was honest enough to come to my door.

It can't be right that you can pay £118 for something and City Link gives it to some stranger and you're £118 out of pocket.

City Lik security can't be that great if they can give you're items away.

I was in all day wondering what happened to my parcel only to find some pensioner at my door giving me it
    Last edited by jac; 12-09-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks
    jac

If you have a specific Invoice number for this issue please PM me and I will look into this for you

Regards

Thanks
    even though it wasnt a scan order ? hehehe

Thanks
    has anyone ever had the pleasure of visiting a CityLink depot, i had to put up with possibly the worst employee ever. He was just rude, he didnt say please or thank you once, when i rang the bell for assistance he came out filthy, totally covered in dirty and grime like he'd rolled round the warehouse floor to get across to me. What really got me was the way he just looked at me and said "what". no such pleasantries as "how can i help you" or "are you ok there", just simply "what". I'll make sure im in next time, if they bother to try to deliver.

Although, id rather put up with the gypo from hell then deal with parcelFARCE
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    Server - Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB, 500GB HD
    Laptop - Compaq AMD Turion 64 X2, 60GB HD, 1GB
    Media Centre Shuttle - P4 3.0 Skt 775 Shuttle, 1GB, 120GB HD
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever
    Media Centre II - X2 4000+, 1GB, 400Gb Vista Ultimate

Thread Information