Thread: LN15475 auto startup / shutdown feature?

Thanks

LN15475 auto startup / shutdown feature?

Proavio dvBox Pro External Storage for 2xIDE Firewire 800 (1394b)

I know this has a power switch on the back but will it turn itself on and off with my computer? Or will I have to laboriously reach all the way round the back every time I want to use it?

Cheers.

Thanks
    Gordo.

Just got myself one of these and just this second hooked it up and had a play. Its a great little box. Looks stunning in the flesh.

Only issues so far is the stands are poorly finished and not very stable so I used the sticky feet instead.

Also it has two 40mm fans which are very noisey and I don't think they do much to aid cooling. I will be disconnecting them to see what difference it makes tomorrow.

Also make sure you have a firewire 800 nine pin port and not a standard firewire 400 port as the cable supplied is the former only. I picked up a step down cable from ebuyer for a couple of quid which allowed me to use it on my firewire 400 ports

I don't think it will turn on with the pc other than it should auto shut off the hard discs when they aren't used for a set period of time.

I will test it some more over tomorrow and let you know. I've taken some pictures which I will also throw online then.

Thanks
    Pics here for ya : http://www.gordyhand.co.uk/dvBox.htm

I've unplugged the fans and it's far quieter and I've not noticed any heat build up.

Tried getting the drive to auto shut down, but with no success so far sorry.

Thanks
    Cheers for the info Gordy

I'm a bit torn now as it is a lovely bit of kit but I really need an auto shutdown drive.

Thread Information