Thread: Been hampered by EVGA

Thanks

Been hampered by EVGA

Hi I purchased this board and I have a problem verifying it with a serial no at EVGA.

The problem is this and its a vicious circle typo problem , I can qualify for this special warranty service called AIR and all i need to do is register my prooduct , you may say its easy as that , so why then Nooh(nope) are you bothering us?

Well I will tell you why , I fill out the form and in the end I am prompted for a serial No and the problerm is I cant complain if I have the serial no but that is thereason why I am complaing in the first place is because I dont have , so there I am going round in circles for ever.

Even did a review thats how cheesed off and frustrating it was for me

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.p...d=1#post924072

That is the proof , i have tried contacting them in a nice way too three times but no answer.

I feel more should be done about the warranty we get from manufacturer , what I mean is the board cost me £200 after that I feel everything should be done automatically for you.
    We are living in computer times and if anything the suppliers and manufacturers of these objects should have more better service , what i mean by that is .

When I purchased the board Scan had my address and record of it , so that said cant there be s system where it automatically goes to the manufacturer and we are automatically given a reference from it by email.

It means a bit of coding but don't you think it makes everyones life easier , its just a idea. Beacause at times like this its very frustrating for a customer , especially for one who always pays the extra buck for it.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    That's a barcode and a part number, not a serial number..

Tried looking on the PCB for the serial number?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    on the website they say its under that but its not.

Usually its outside too , this means going inside the case even taking the cables out and thats the last thing i want to do, shouldn't things be more simpler.

Every board and every other product I have registered had everything on the outside , so why not this one?

Its frustrating with the bugs the board has and to top it all off you have to work harder to register your product

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Tools are the subtlest of traps redsky009's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redsky009's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.29 Ghz with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 cooling
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Corsair Twin XMS 6400 (Cas 4)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Seagate + 500GB WD (SATA 300, 7,200rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB PowerColor HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 532
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC LCD2070NX (20", 1600x1200)
      • Internet:
      • 22Mb ADSL 2+
    AFAIK (at least for the cameras and other electronics I have bought) the retailer usually keeps a copy of the S/N when they ship the purchase - e.g. on the box there are two S/N peely labels, one for retailer and one for the customer. If you have your order number it might be possible to trace the S/N from that??

Edit: And also what chuckskull said... you can probably get the S/N from the pic if you have the highres version on your PC without having to open the case...
    Last edited by redsky009; 23-11-2006 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post

Sh%t man , i have a scythe infinity, that thing is huge , no way can I read the S/n without taking it off.

That is one thing I cant afford to do , every time you do things like this there is a chance of damaging components I lost my P5W64-Ws like this , alos I had to reinstall the HSF twice now and its perfect , dont want to touch that.

Thanks for that chuckskull. You are a nice man

But I am still in a pickle , , so bad that I got frustrated and did a review. I lost a lot of money and time , my mistake was that I should have changed it straight away and gave the P5W64 -ws the benefit of the doubt , and that is if it works I will leave it.

It was a heavy lesson I had to pay and i sent in for repair , so when it comes back now I have to pay for it.

@redsky 009 , but thats his serial no , mone will be differnt.

Its after this happened I purchased what it is. I miss my P5W64 -ws soo much and make a little prayer for it everyday. This is the reason why I want the cover AIR so at least the post and packing is paid for.

Is there anyone reading this ever sent anything for CID (customer Induced Damage) and had to pay for there mobo to get repaired? also how much did you pay?

I am going to check onmy invoice and see if I have a serial no.
    Last edited by nope; 23-11-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Nope,

Whilst your idea of automatically providing manufacturers with your details sounds easy, the complications this brings are immense. Think of the data protection act for starts, do you think that would allow us to pass customers details over, absolutely not, there are so many LEGAL reasons why we cannot simply pass all your information over to the manufacturer.

Wesley
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 23-11-2006 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post
    Nope,

Whilst you idea of automatically providing manufacturers with you details sounds easy, the complications this brings are immense. Think of the data protection act for starts, do you think that would allow us to pass customers details over, absolutely not, there are so many LEGAL reason why we cannot simply pass all your information over to the manufacturer.

Wesley
    thanks for that wesley , it was just an idiea.

There is this one thing though , if you make the customer sign the Invoice you can put it in small print there or better still ask them do you want to be covered and if you do then you sign for it.

Its an idea and its out of ideas things can happen, also this service would look very well for scan if you think about it.

I mean you have a number three on you new add why not put four and put this as a special , the computer does it all , if its coded.

Might seem two days work now but it can pay off, it will be bigger than razer blades.

This time next year Rodder's we will be millionaires.

P.s , we have passed customers information taking there consent for years now , my job is to collect data and keep them interested , after that at the end of the year we launch advertising program (all the suppliers, we set it up) where both our and the other suppliers customers are the same and the customer likes it we offer them everything in the brochure that either I go and give in hand or its done by post.the company is

www.hitechshowcases.com

Us doing this together makes it easier and cheaper for everyone cos I know how much money we waste every year getting that info., also this way our advertising is paid by the other suppliers , the brochures are very professionals (hopefully send you one) and cost a lot of money , you can charge the suppliers for this service.

I think If mr raja showed this he might ( and i emphasize might ) be good and reduce annoying customers like me.
    Last edited by nope; 23-11-2006 at 04:57 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Nope,

It's just not really practical to administer due to the implications of the data protection act.

Please PM me your invoice number and i will see if we have the Serial logged.

Wesley

Tools are the subtlest of traps redsky009's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redsky009's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.29 Ghz with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 cooling
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Corsair Twin XMS 6400 (Cas 4)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Seagate + 500GB WD (SATA 300, 7,200rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB PowerColor HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 532
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC LCD2070NX (20", 1600x1200)
      • Internet:
      • 22Mb ADSL 2+
    Quote Originally Posted by nope View Post

@redsky 009 , but thats his serial no , mone will be differnt.
    Is it? Sorry, thought it was just cropped from the pics in your review? If not - check the pics from your review!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post
    Nope,

It's just not really practical to administer due to the implications of the data protection act.

Please PM me your invoice number and i will see if we have the Serial logged.

Wesley
    Sorry dude , its been a frustrating two weeks and its the buggir=est thing I have purchased.

You from your side did keep the deal and provide a very good next to nothing service but sometimes people leave pages unturned and we dont see the end result properly.

I am not for one second blaming Scan , if anything I think Scan is great and I will advertise it for free as long as live.With every review I have done I have always thanked scan for the price and the service.If anything you are helping me more than EVGA > I apperciate that and foir that you are great , all of the members at Scan.

I am a good salesrep and all the companies I have worked for shine whilst the time I have worked for them, there have been companies I worked for flourished and tripled in size and when I left things went so bad they got bankrupt , this could have been coincidence but when that happens to 7 companies you worked for then you know your doing something right.Its just that I am very passionate with everything I do and take it personal.

I am dedicated to all that I do and sometimes I see that little more than other s because the rules are affecting me and not the manufacturers. Its people like me you guys try to keep happy and you know if you can keep me happy the other 99 wont matter , maybe they aren't as fussy as me.

I respect money and it is very important , that said I spend a lot on pc components but I value it a lot. Also when The time is right I will start doing PC and network maintenance full time , so if anything I want to deal with scan for as long as I live
    You have been there for me whilst EVGA hasnt , hats off to you for that.

Thread Information