Thread: Online tracking/24" LCD

Registered+
    Thanks

Online tracking/24" LCD

Although I'm fairly relaxed about the delivery date of my system (partly because I'm still to decide on a large LCD), and I have already sent an online enquiry, I thought I'd flag this one up.

I placed my order for a system, by phone, on 27 Nov, and received an "invoice status update" email that afternoon, but no actual invoice.
    The email says the "estimated despatch date" is the next day (28 Nov) - which seems a little optimistic - not least as the online tracking system still says today (29 Nov) that I'm at stage 1 (awaiting payment authorisation). In fact, my credit card was debited the day the order was placed (2 days ago). There seems to be some kind of 'rip in the very fabric of spac/time...as we know it'.

Btw, Chris or anyone; will you be getting the BenQ FP241WZ in (updated with the 1:1 pixel mapping fix)? I don't suppose you could possibly know about any other forthcoming 24 inchers? The present crop, many claim, are a bit slow for serious gaming.

Thanks
    Clanger

The estimated despatch dates confirmed are for parts orders only. I have forwarded an update for you through the OLQ system for you and as soon as all stock can be allocated a confirmed ETA date can then be confirmed.

Unfortunately we will not be stocking BenQ monitors. The following 2 alternatives would be highly recommended and have great reviews:-

LN14798 - 24" Samsung SM244T, Widescreen LCD, 1920x1200, 8 ms, 1000:1, 500 cd/m2, Silver

LN14261 - 24" Dell 2407WFP , Widescreen VGA/DVI 1920x1200, 6 ms, 1000:1, 450 cd/m2, Grey

Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    Er, that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Nor how my CC was debited but payment is still not authorisized. But never mind!

Monitors:

For me it would be between the Dell 2407FPW and Benq, which is how TFTcentral sees it. I'm a bit put off the Benq (even assuming they fix the pixel mapping) because I've heard it's very bright. Plus the 'z' version's going to even more expensive. And I notice Dell have dropped their price, I assume in anticipation. Wish I had the speed/input-lag on the new 'z' version of the Benq to decide.

Sorry, stream of consciousnes....

Thanks
    The automated E-mails confirm the estimated despatch date for parts orders IE not built systems. For built systems order status os confirmed through OLQ as already confirmed.

The card was confirmed as debited over the phone by myself when you placed the order, for some reason the online system only shows payment as authorised for orders placed online - Something for Netprog to look into....

Registered+
    Thanks
    The Dell always seems to get a good write up, I have looked all over for reviews of most screens having just bought, and buying another Samsung 205BW. TFT Central are good, but they analyze the absolute minutiaem of detail, which you may not be aware of during use. I'm a fan of the Samsungs to be honest, not keen on the Dell styling....

Registered+
    Thanks
    TFT Central are useful though. Not just major reviews, they also follow the hands-on experience and latest gossip on the forums. All the big reviews missed the lack of 1.1 pixel mapping on the Benq; in case anyone doesn't realize: that means any input other than from a PC, that isn't at the screen's native resolution will be stretched! The Samsung SM244T is a good screen but is reported to suffer greater input lag than the previous Dell 24". The 2407WFP, probably less than that. The word is the 'Z' benq is going to be more expensive, and probably won't have the firmware fix, for a while. It would entail sending it back next year some time (presumably) to get it done. I'm also worried whether all Benq's new software jiggory-pokery to reduce ghosting mightn't add to the over-all lag. Trusted reviews have got one (a "Z") at the moment. See what they say this time. They certainly won't forget the 'stretching' after all the 'comments' they've received!

Thread Information