Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BAD Customer service by the best Retailer of the year SCAN, I am not happy

Tools are the subtlest of traps redsky009's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redsky009's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.29 Ghz with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 cooling
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Corsair Twin XMS 6400 (Cas 4)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Seagate + 500GB WD (SATA 300, 7,200rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB PowerColor HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 532
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC LCD2070NX (20", 1600x1200)
      • Internet:
      • 22Mb ADSL 2+
    Quote Originally Posted by fairfax View Post
    TBH I am very pleased to see ChirsP and Steve A replies
    That's all I'm saying - they patrol the forums quite regularly and will always reply - its unfortunate CS didnt help - but Chris usually seems to sort things like that out too (him big boss man)

Thanks
    fairfax

We have investigated the issues you have experienced with your recent order with Scan Computers, regarding an order placed for stock items only receive an e-mail stating the items are actually out of stock with a lead time of 1 week.

We basically have 2 warehouses where stock can be held. This issue has occurred as a stock item has been added to our re-order list, as stock was being held at our second warehouse, when in fact the allocated picker’s procedure was to add the item to our transfer list for the item to be brought over to Scan to enable the order to ship. As the item was added to the re-order list an e-mail was automatically sent confirming the product as out of stock and a 7 day lead time.

We have confirmed this issue has occurred due to the allocated picker misinterpreting the information shown by our stock allocation systems and not correctly following procedures.

I can assure you the items ordered has been stock items and not incorrectly advertised as such and you should have experienced no delay to the estimated despatch date provided.

All of our new picking staff undergo extensive training, however extra training has been provided for our stock allocation systems and will continue to monitor the situation to ensure this issue is no longer occurring.

I can assure you this issue has now been resolved and extra training provided to prevent this from ever happening again and sincerely apologise for the issues you have experienced when placing your order with Scan.

I hope this shows we are a company who listens to customer feedback and takes any negative issues extremely seriously resolving them swiftly, directly in relation to customer feedback, which is why we feel is one of the reasons we are the Retailer of the Year 2006.

We believe a company really shows its worth in the way it deals with issues that do arise. As they say, it's not so much the problem but the way you sort it that counts the most, and this sentiment very much reflects the Scan philosophy!

I hope I explained the reason why this issue has arisen and taken to steps to resolve this to a satisfactory standard and hopefully your faith is now restored in Scan.

Please feel free to contact directly if you have any further queries.

Regards
    Christopher Padidar
    Retail Sales Manager
    Last edited by Chris P; 01-12-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information