Thread: Need to replace Ausus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe

Thanks

Need to replace Ausus P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe

Hi, just wondering what my options are?

I originally purchased 2 of these mobos just over a month ago. Had all sorts of problems getting a stable set up. Eventually by process of elimination
    isolated a faulty mobo. Returned to Scan, who found the fault and gave me a refund. Now I want to run two identical mobos so I waited for Scan to have
    more stock of the P5N32. It now seems to have been dropped by scan as I can't find it on the site any more. So I eventually found another on line ( more expensive!).

In the meantime I was still having problems with the other board I had from Scan. If my hard drive is connected to the NF4 sata connectors I get loads of lock ups. I can reproduce this every time by running two lots of MD5 checks on DVD size files and then run Aquamark. Quite often just running aquamark would do it. After research I discovered that there was a history of data corruption problems with the NF4. So I tried the on board Sil controller
    instead. This seems to work perfectly. So I was thinking that I wasnt getting the drivers right etc. New motherboard arrives and is perfect! I can swap
    everything from the other scan board ( cpu, mem all periphs etc) and everything works perfectly. So I can now only conclude that I was unfortunate enough to get two faulty mobos at the same time!

This has had me pulling my hair out for the last month as I need to be able to depend on my computers 100% and the random data corruption scared the hell out of me. If you don't realise it's happening then all your back ups get affected as well! So what I would like to know as due to all the messing around it has gone over 28 days...

If I return this mobo to Scan can you still replace it if you don't carry it in stock anymore? I would'nt want an alternative as I want two boards the
    same. If not is it too late for a refund?

I can only find the one place that still has it for sale. Every one else seems to have dropped it in the last week or so. So I am very tempted to just
    order another from them while I can.

Can you let me know what my options are please?

Thanks very much

Richard

Thanks
    Ok realise I wrote a bit of an essay there!

Essentially - What happens when you RMA something for replacement but scan no longer stock said item?

Thanks v much

Richard

Registered+
    Thanks
    Oldstokey,

It depends entirely on time since purchased, as you have stated yours in only slightly over 28 days then we would provide a refund for you, if the item was confirmed faulty.

Wesley

Thanks
    Thanks very much for the reply Wesley. As you probably know I was on the phone to Scan when I saw your reply. All questions answered now. Brilliant service, really appreciate it. Lovely people too!

Thanks
    Richard

Thread Information