Thread: Order Woes

Registered+
    Thanks

Unhappy Order Woes

I placed a relatively large order on Sunday the 26th of November, receiving confirmation and authorisation of payment the next day; all items were shown as in stock at the time. Originally due to be delivered on Wednesday the 29th, I received an email at 20:05 on Tuesday informing me that the motherboard I had requested was out of stock.

I sent a query to customer services asking when the motherboard would be back in stock and I was told that it would be early the following week. On the 6th of December I sent another query asking for an update, I was told that there were further delays and it should be in within 3-5 days. Minutes after reading this response I stumbled upon (seems I'm not allowed to post urls yet, look for the post by Lee @ Scan in the 'More 680i Boards' thread) which stated that the motherboard was actually in stock and indeed upon checking the site it appeared to be so. I immediately replied to this latest response from customer services asking what was going on. A little over an hour later I was shocked when I received another email stating that the PSU and RAM I had ordered was now out of stock.

This is what really annoys me, as my money had been taken I had assumed that the rest of my order was secured and that once the motherboard was back in, it would ship. This appears not be the case. Granted, I was given the option of choosing an alternative product or removing the product from my order for a refund but if I had known I would have had my order shipped in two parts.

I was in no particular hurry to receive these items but I do hope they arrive before Christmas. I do also wish to purchase from Scan and according to the site the PSU (LN14967) was due in today so I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon (or until someone from the scan staff is kind enough to inform me) to see if it has arrived. I know of another company I have purchased from before that has one remaining pair of the RAM in stock, if the PSU is in stock then I can cancel the RAM from my order and hopefully have it dispatched, if not I will see if it is possible to ship the rest of my order and wait on the rest.

If someone from scan could check up on my order and let me know how things are looking with regards to the items that are currently out of stock, I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know who to send my invoice number to assuming you require it. Thanks for reading my semi-long rant, I hope it doesn't come across too negatively.
    Last edited by Jaroki; 05-01-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe
    Im assuming because of the time of year things are getting abit messy at scan and sometimes human errors can be made. im sure that they will do their best to help you so just hang tight
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

Thanks
    Jaroki

Please PM me your invoice number

Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    I have still yet to recieve my free copy of Splinter Cell: Double Agent. When my order arrived on 14/12/06 I had accidently been charged for a copy of BitDefender9 as well as not recieving the game (I bought two qualifying products). The charge for the copy of BitDefender has been refunded.

I contacted ChrisP via private and got the following response (also on the 14th):

Hi James,

This should have been a free gift, however the item has been accidentally charged for.

I will arrange a credit for the item today for you and also send a Splinter Cell out for you today

Best Regards
    As far as I am concerned my order has yet to be completed. Can someone look into this for me, ChrisP hasn't responded to the last two private messages I sent to him regarding this issue.
    Last edited by Jaroki; 05-01-2007 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks
    Yes, Chris has been off ill for several days - so probably has not had chance to act on any PM as of yet.

Registered+
    Thanks
    OK. I look forward to a response from ChrisP or another member of staff soon. It has been 40 days since I originally placed my order and I would very much like to see it fulfilled.
    Last edited by Jaroki; 05-01-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks
    Jaroki

Sorry dude, I have been confined at home with flu not seeing the light of day for the past week .

I despatched the game the same, day for you... maybe this has been lost in the post.

Unfortunately we have no stock at the moment, however we are due to receive more and will send another copy out as soon as we receive the delivery.

Best Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear that ChrisP (that you were ill, not that my game might have been lost in the post - just thought I had better clarify ). Seems odd that it would have been lost in the post, haven't had that happen before (well, not to my knowledge) but I guess there is a first time for everything. Anyway, I really appreciate all your efforts in resolving this and the other issues that have arisen with my order. Cheers.
    Last edited by Jaroki; 05-01-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Any idea when you'll be getting them in?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hey. ChrisP, I sent you a PM last week saying I'd like to take you up on that alternative you offered, seeing as February came and went and I assume you were unable to get hold of DA. Haven't heard anything from you for a while so just thought I'd put this out there.

Thanks
    Jaroki

PM Sent

Thread Information