Thread: No Fault Found

Thanks

Angry No Fault Found

I have returned a GFX card due to obvious problems of corruption (see this therad )

I have just been informed that they have found no fault with the card but there is a known issue with the card and an ABit AB9 Pro mobo. Great I was not aware of this issue when I purchased over £600 of equipment. Thier test was not done on an ABit AB9 Pro board so they aparently could not replicate the problem.

No my problem is that now I am going to now be charged a restocking fee, when there is clearly an issue with the card. This has annoyed me somewhat as I would not have sent the card back if there was nothing wrong with it.

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120GB OCZ Agility SSD + 500GB SP F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GB Windforce GTX670 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" 1920x1080 Iiyama LED
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    This is TOTALLY unacceptable, c'mon Scan, pull ur finger out. If ur staff say there is a known problem and then in the same breath ask for a restock fee when the buyer wants an alternative surely there is a legal aspect of not fit for purpose. Dont let us down, sort this out.

Thanks
    • streetster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2x1TB Drives [RAID0]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xSapphire HD 4870 512MB CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    Quote Originally Posted by d3fiant View Post
    This is TOTALLY unacceptable, c'mon Scan, pull ur finger out. If ur staff say there is a known problem and then in the same breath ask for a restock fee when the buyer wants an alternative surely there is a legal aspect of not fit for purpose. Dont let us down, sort this out.
    I realise you are friends with the guy, but posts like this arent particularly helpful. The guys at scan are great, this *will* get sorted, but as its Christmas time you're going to have to wait more than 15minutes to get a reply on this thread.

At least when things go wrong (as inevitably they will) scan have a corner of web where the problems can be flagged and sorted

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    To be fair it is fit for purpose, the card works, it's not Scan's fault that the card has issues with an AB9Pro. The card isn't faulty, there is no issue with it, it works and as such a restocking fee is reasonable. Perhaps RAYK47 should have researched compatibility before he shipped it or tested it in another PC. In any event Scan have a fantastic record for customer service and you get far better service than many other places I've used.
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Thanks
    RAYK47

Your query has been forwarded through to Returns for you, it could be the case the two products are incompatible therefore the XFX report of no fault found would be correct.

Returns will resolve this issue for you I am sure

Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by streetster View Post
    I realise you are friends with the guy, but posts like this arent particularly helpful. The guys at scan are great, this *will* get sorted, but as its Christmas time you're going to have to wait more than 15minutes to get a reply on this thread.

At least when things go wrong (as inevitably they will) scan have a corner of web where the problems can be flagged and sorted
    Streetster, i dont think D3fiants comments are aimed at the length of time of a response and i think that fact that we know each other is irrelevant.

Scan admitted to compatability issues between the board and card but then say that there was NFF and want to changre a restocking fee.

Dont get me wrong I know that Scan have good customer services and I would like to think this can be sorted out. That is why I contunue to shop with Scan and have done for many years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenNight View Post
    To be fair it is fit for purpose, the card works, it's not Scan's fault that the card has issues with an AB9Pro. The card isn't faulty, there is no issue with it, it works and as such a restocking fee is reasonable. Perhaps RAYK47 should have researched compatibility before he shipped it or tested it in another PC. In any event Scan have a fantastic record for customer service and you get far better service than many other places I've used.
    Compatability was researched as best as I could find. No issues were reported on Hexus, Toms hardware or by any other people I know with this board. I dont think its unreasonable to advise buyers that they are aware of compatability issues between the equipment.

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    Quote Originally Posted by streetster View Post

I wasnt expecting them to answer in 5 seconds m8, just very concerned at their response to the RMA. I've been using Scan for a long time, NEVER had a problem with ordering, indeed I made recommendations for many people to go to Scan, but I have to say there aftersales service has been lacking and to make such a statement is simply wrong.
    I fully expect this to be sorted, since they have opened up this community forum on Hexus I have been very impressed with their responses but felt the need to comment on this one, irespective of it affecting a m8.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYK47 View Post
    Compatability was researched as best as I could find. No issues were reported on Hexus, Toms hardware or by any other people I know with this board. I dont think its unreasonable to advise buyers that they are aware of compatability issues between the equipment.

returns are looking into this for you but i cant find anything that shows a compatibility issue with the board and any card, where were you informed there was a known issue? (this is purely to appease my own curiosity)

There are reports of memory issues on release but they were resolved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Martin "Whats a Wan ton?"
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    John, spoke to him earlier, he was informed by one of ur people over the phone when he called in response to the RMA email that there was a compatibility problem between that specific card and mobo, sure he will add more

Thanks
    kk thanks for that as i say i couldnt find anything solid but if thats what weve told him then i presume thats the case.

i asked as if i sell the board id want to know not to sell it with the card,

Cheers
    Last edited by JohnS; 15-12-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Martin "Whats a Wan ton?"
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Thanks
    Hmm, odd - I wonder what the difference is between the 2 7950 cards that cause the problem on 1 but not the other? I can't see it being the difference between active/passive cooling.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    I suspect its firmaware or something.

Thanks
    Right I have sent the game in that was missing as requested. Just need to wait for my refund and if you can sort something out.

In the meantime I have ordered a new card. Set to be delivered on Wednesday.

Thread Information