Thread: Order Stages

Jay
    Thanks

Really Bad Experience With Scan

I am wondering if the picking stage of the order is close to the dispatch stage?

I have been promised (on friday and today) that my order would be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow but as of yet I have not recived a "picked" email.
    Last edited by Jay; 20-12-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks
    I think you usually get the picked email very soon after the despatched email so dont worry there is still time.

Thanks
    did I say after, what i ment was before.

Jay
    Thanks
    edited
    Last edited by Jay; 20-12-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Jay
    Thanks
    I ordered a LCD TV Stand early on Friday, Scan took payment and I was told that It would be at my door on Tuesday.

Monday came and I noticed that the order was still at stage 2 (payment authorised). Just to make sure that everything was ok I decided to call customer service.

This is where the problems started

I waited on hold with a recorded voice telling me how important my call was etc and after 10 minutes I hear the call being picked up, the chatter of people in the background, I though thank god I finally got through, but to my horror the phone was simply put straight back down.

I though maybe it was an accident so I again called customer service waited and waited. Again the phone was picked up and put down. By this time I was getting a bit angry so I gave them one last chance. I waited on hold and I hear the phone being picked up, a woman coughed and for the third time the phone was put down on me!!

ARRRGGGG

I decided that I would call sales and see how long it took for them to pick up and within 2 rings the call was picked up and some one was ready to take my order. I asked for them to put me through to customer service. After a couple seconds customer service picked up the phone and a rather angry sounding woman said hello.

I explained to her that I ordered the TV stand and needed it on Tuesday as I was taking a day off work to be at home for the delivery. She insisted (as did the person I first ordered from) that the stand would be with me by the next day (Tuesday)

I was happy enough until the next morning when I checked my emails to see that the order was still at stage two!

I phoned scan and they told me the "there was a delay downstairs and my order should be with me tomorrow." As I would be back in work that day I simply cancelled my order.
    Last edited by Jay; 20-12-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Jay
    Thanks
    It annoys me that they don't seem to have any delay in taking the payment and that sales pickup within 2 rings but customer service make you wait for 10 minutes and then cut you off.

I will never use Scan again.

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120GB OCZ Agility SSD + 500GB SP F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GB Windforce GTX670 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" 1920x1080 Iiyama LED
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    Customer service has never been one of Scans strongpoints to be honest, perhaps they are a victim of their own success. My experience is that if the order goes ok then Scan is the best out there, end of. However if u get delays or RMAs they are one of the most painfull companies to deal with.
    That being said since they have opened up this forum they are slowly turning things around with responses, genuine help, humanising the online experience I suppose. Like I say, this is just my experiences, and they do appear to be working on it....if a little slowly

its all clear now
    Thanks
    • No.72's system
      • Motherboard:
      • commando
      • CPU:
      • e6300 3.50ghz artic 7
      • Memory:
      • 4gb corsair red tracers
      • Storage:
      • 320gb RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4870XT
      • PSU:
      • 620 watt corsair
      • Case:
      • coolmaster 831 SE orange
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407WFP AO4
      • Internet:
      • 10 meg virgin
    [QUOTE=d3fiant;947662]Customer service has never been one of Scans strongpoints to be honest, perhaps they are a victim of their own success.

Yes spot on, but there is nothing wrong with being too busy, just as long as it stays that way.

Thanks
    I can only apologise for your experience but due to a high workload we can not keep to our high and usual standards but can assure you we are working late and hard to try and meet deadlines as much as possible.

It is unfortunate you will not be ordering from us anymore as the free delivery through Hexus is usually quite appealing to some. Opperations will be back to normal after Christmas and with the imporvements going on after the New Year service is more than definate to constantly improve.

I hope you can source the product you wanted before Christmas and that you enjoy your New Year

Best Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    jay_oasis

Firstly let me apologies for the delay in processing your order, the delay as confirmed by automated e-mail on the 19th December would be due to the high volume of orders.

The order was marked as urgent as requested, however due to the volume of orders we were unable to ship. This is an unfortunate consequence of this time of year and we are as open and honest as possible confirming the delay on the 19th December and providing estimated despatch dates.

If you would like to replace the order I will personally guarantee this order ships out for delivery Friday 22nd December for you.

Regarding Customer services I can assure you no member of any team at Scan would never intentionally put the phone down on a customer. If there is a problem with the phone system the relevant dept will resolve this as quickly as possible.

Regarding volumes of calls call waiting times would be higher on the CS line as simply the volume of calls they are currently experiencing is a lot higher than sales at the moment and in no way in relation to having more staff in sales (as we do not),

Please PM me directly so I can contact you if you would like to re-place your order so hopefully we can restore your faith in Scan.

Best Regards

d3fiant

To comment Scan are “one of the most painful companies to deal with “is completely - WRONG.

Isolated problems here and there are an unavoidable consequence for any company dealing with such high volumes of deliveries. As they say, it's not so much the problem but the way you sort it that counts the most, and this sentiment very much reflects the Scan philosophy!

No.72

I am also unsure how you can agree, I understand you have had 1 issue in the recent past, however after we investigated the problem, found the issue and resolved your problem the same day to your extreme satisfaction. I am unsure how you can agree with the comment made above?

This is not to dismiss your opinion only to prove it as - WRONG

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 20-12-2006 at 02:22 PM.

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120GB OCZ Agility SSD + 500GB SP F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GB Windforce GTX670 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" 1920x1080 Iiyama LED
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    d3fiant

To comment Scan are “one of the most painful companies to deal with “is completely - WRONG.

Isolated problems here and there are an unavoidable consequence for any company dealing with such high volumes of deliveries. As they say, it's not so much the problem but the way you sort it that counts the most, and this sentiment very much reflects the Scan philosophy!

Please PM me directly so I can contact you if you would like to re-place your order so hopefully we can restore your faith in Scan.

Best Regards
    Its a strong view I have and ur right probably best dealt with via PM

Jay
    Thanks
    I have ordered my goods from elsewhere now. But thanks for your reply.

Thread Information