Thread: D-Link NAS

Thanks

D-Link NAS

Hello, I was hoping you might be able to tell me if this NAS

scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=518679 (can't post hyperlinks yet, copy and paste)

will allow an xbox 360 to stream from it, and is it also compatible with bittorrent software.

Thanks.

Thanks
    I was very tempted to buy this, but a bit steep on the price still for these NAS devices.

For the Xbox360 to stream from it you need a Media Center Extension dont you? For that, you can just add the NAS drive to your MCE PC and stream from there. It works with BT as long as you add it as a drive on the PC running BT.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't have Windows MCE, I was hoping the 360 would see the drive in much the same way it sees USB HDD. I'm not sure if I understand your comment about BT, I was hoping to use BT on the NAS drive so I didn't have to keep my PC running and using up excess power for nothing.

Thanks
    Oh, i dont think it will work like that, but you better ask in the Xbox forum just in case.

Check D-Link's website for it, maybe they have a BT client on it, but i doubt so. Besides, you'd be better off using your own client rather than one they put on the device!

Thanks
    You no-longer need XP MCE to stream video from a PC to the 360, as long as you install the latest dashboard update. Your video needs to be in wmv format (it takes around 3 minutes to convert a 45 minute TV show into a decent quality WMV using videolan)

You just need windows media connect, or Media Player 10 installed on the system.

I have no idea if that nas can handle streaming, though, as I doubt you can install software on it. Then again, you may be able to point Media Player installed on your pc to a network drive and have it share the data on that drive.

Thread Information