Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0% finance option and current order delivery date

Thanks

0% finance option and current order delivery date

Just hoping I could get some definitive information on this:

After compiling my order and selecting a delivery date, I then went on to choose the 0% finance for 9 month option which specifically mentions that the goods will not be released until the forms are returned.

Can I schedule a new delivery date or does the first one still apply ?
    If the former is the case, surely you should only be able to select a delivery date after you've decided payment terms ? - maybe one for your website developers to ponder.

The thing is, I now can't find the order items in my basket as it's obviously been processed to some degree, but neither can I find it under my previous orders. My question now is, do these items get charged at the price I've been quoted or at the price they're listed at once the order is completed and invoiced ?
    I must admit, I'd be pretty miffed if it takes a few days to process the finance and several high value items drop in price... if someone could clarify that would be great.
    ------------------------------------
    information is not a property of matter, it's applied to matter by intelligence

Thanks
    I placed an order with Scan on a finance one Sunday evening about a month ago. I received my desicion straight away and was able to print my documents off straight away. I signed them and posted them on Monday morning. Tuesday morning I got an e-mail saying my documents have been recieved and they have instructed Scan to proceed with my order. I recieved my order on the Wednesday before 12pm.

This was in the last week before they closed for xmas. Considering they were exteremly busy, i think that is an excellent turn around. Now that Xmas is over I think there should be no worries at all about the time it takes to get your order.

RE prices - I am not sure on that one.But given the time it takes a finance order to be processed, I cannot see prices fluctuating that much.

Thanks
    Thanks Stuppy ... I would point out that the total price came down more than £50 over last night alone.. I'm sure you'd agree thats not insignificant

Thanks
    What is it that you are buying that has such a volatile price change?

Only Scan staff can really answer your question. I know what you are saying though. Once your credit agreement has been signed at x amount of pounds, then you would assume tha tis what you would be charged.

If the price is a big difference like you say Scan might allow you to use the overflow on another product or something.

Again, I could be completely wrong

Thanks
    It would be a nice gesture if they did, but like you say I'm sure they're not obliged to do so.

The price is fluctuating mainly because the total order value is over £2000 consisting of several high end components.

Thanks
    The delivery date will be based on when your documentation is recieved and authorised. Please remember that stock is not allocated to your order until this stage.

Please PM me your real name and postcode - and I will look into the pricing .. however I can't guarantee anything on this.

Thanks
    now a third item on my basket list has gone out of stock. Looks like choosing finance was a mistake.. I've added on what looks so far to be at least a week to my delivery... gutted.

Not Scan's fault in any way, but it's frustating to see everything I want in stock on the day I order and then have to compromise on my items to get stocked alternatives only to see others go out of stock that I can't compromise on and see the potential delivery date creep back and back
    Last edited by s1lv3r; 08-01-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    The order can only be raised once the Finance forms have been signed and returned so stock can sell out in the meantime.

Please PM me the invoice number and I will look into this for you

Regards

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Chris, as I said in my post, I know Scan are not at fault and I'm aware of the restrictions of the stock/finance system... I just wish the stock was allocated earlier in the process.

Thus far I have only got the email saying that my £25 admin charge has been taken from my account. .. No invoice as yet.

Thanks
    The stock cannot be allocated until the documents have been received and authorised.

I've got the information from you already - so I'll check into the status of this in a while and get back to you a little later.

Thanks
    Cheers, thanks for your help guys ... hopefully once the approval is in I'll be able to finalise the replacement items and delivery. *watches his inbox like the proverbial hawk

Thanks
    Thanks for the email David, would it be quickest for me to phone you guys to make sure any out of stock items are replaced with other suitable ones?

Thanks
    I'll get the missing items checked - and reply back in a little while

Thanks
    Top man, much appreciated

Thanks
    Thanks again to DavidM and Scan, very happy with the service I've received so far, fingers crossed for the delivery

Thanks
    :S erm getting a bit twitchy... not much of my estimated dispatch day left... not a sniff of an invoice/email/status update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information