Thread: long delivery times

Thanks

long delivery times

Scan have long been my favourite choice for bits and pieces, but I'm increasingly finding it hard to justify. I wasn't particularly happy when they switched from next day delivery to around 3 days, this was one of the biggest advantages to scan and could swing the decision when comparing similar prices from other suppliers, it was clear scan couldn't cope, when things started taking 48 hrs to arrive, fine, if this is the case why didn't the website get updated. I had a couple of orders arrive late, annoying but I could live with it.

Now again I've had an order not get shipped, this time I ordered with plenty of time, scan informed me it would be here friday, 3 1/2 days after placing, not a problem since I deliberately delayed ordering for it to arrive on my day off. But this morning I noticed it hadn't been picked, after emailing support, I got the old tried and tested excuse 'we were particularly busy'. Okay I can live with that, but what I can't accept is

1) Not informing me the order would be delayed. So I could cancel my leave - you must have known it was going to be delayed, long before I contacted you.

2) Not changing the website to reflect busy periods, I don't want false information, if it will take 4 days to deliver then do me a favour and let me know by updating your website.

And before anyone says the weather was at fault, remember this order wasn't picked before the day it was due to be delivered.

Now my order won't arrive until Monday and I'm stuck with a server in desperate need of hard drives, and a wasted day off.

If you want to keep your reputation and not revert back to the old days were it was impossible to recommend scan, then do me, and I've no doubt many others, a favour and be honest.

mike

Thanks
    Please PM me your invoice number so I can look into this for you.

Please visit the link below for more information regarding delays in despatch dates and what we are doing about it.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=97377

Regards

Thread Information