Thread: Eclipse woe's

Thanks

Eclipse woe's

Hi guys, could do with alittle help here

Basicly took a motherboard into the shop for a RMA as i thought it was faulty, when giving them the motherboard i gave my details etc and they issued a RMA saying that they would contact me regarding it within the next few days that was Jan 11th.. now before going any further i have to stress that im a busy guy! week days im at work and weekends im looking after my kids without a car i have no free time to travel 40 miles to the shop..

so feb 3rd (again i was busy) no contact from Eclipse so i send an email asking about the RMA status, he tells me the motherboard is working and i should come and collect.. i send an email back saying that i would prefer for them to delivery and to send me details about how i pay? no email back.....!!

March date unkown i email them again asking about the RMA again no reply???

Today i get my first slight holiday half a day, so decide to go over and get the motherboard only to find they have put it in the bin?

I asked the guy why wasn't i contacted before to inform me and he said that they didn't have my contact details, on all paper work they gave me it didn't state that this would happen giving me a warning nor in the t&c instore. when i asked why my contact details wasn't attached the the RMA number he response was #1 The employee that sorted the RMA has been sacked #2 At "busy" times they may not take contact details and this is the manager speaking i asked should the contact details be taken at all times he replied yes??

he asked if i had proof of the emails (which i haven't, lost in a computer crash) i asked if he had emails saved that i sent he printed off 1 email from me and there response, "my first email" they hadn't apparently recieved the email with me asking for it to be delivered.. go figure

How do i stand on all this? i know it has been some months but they should have contacted me regarding it?

Thanks
    • IAmATeaf's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600@3.25
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2GB Corsair 6400C5DHX XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 0.5TB 7200.12, 2 x 1.5TB 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX460 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC6089B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung T240 24"
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL Max
    So did they send you an email stating that they were going to bin it if you didn't pick it up soon?

If you have no evidence and they are denying ever getting your emails it going to be tough.

Can't really help you I'm afraid but it does seem strange that they would bin a working board.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    So did they send you an email stating that they were going to bin it if you didn't pick it up soon?

If you have no evidence and they are denying ever getting your emails it going to be tough.

Can't really help you I'm afraid but it does seem strange that they would bin a working board.
    No they didn't at all contact me! they have no evidence of sending me an email because as the manager has stated they didn't have any contact information for me! although i gave them my details when the RMA was issued

Thanks
    • IAmATeaf's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600@3.25
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX460 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC6089B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung T240 24"
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL Max
    I'd give them 1 more phone call and if you get no satisfactory response then I'd be inclined to write to their complaints department. You might also want to have a word with Trading Standards and see if you can get any emails that you sent or received as evidence.

Thanks
    They can't bin your property that fast - they have a right to sell it to recover their losses after a reasonable period, but to bin it without telling you seems odd. I would put the onus back onto them though - ask for proof they tried to contact you to warn you that they would bin the board if you didn't pick it up/pay for delivery soon.

Definitely contact trading standards ASAP though.

Thanks
    • sitalchauhan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K-E Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (XSPC Edge V2) @ 3.30GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair DHX 6400C4 DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 1x 2TB Samsung, 1x 640GB Western Digital, 2x 500GB Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTX OC (EK-FC8800 GTX) @ 626MHz
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX-620
      • Case:
      • Antec P180B Windowed (Nexus Real Silent Fans, PA120.3 Rad, Swiftech MCP655 Pump With EK X-Top Rev2)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SM-226BW 22" Widescreen & IBM T541 15"
      • Internet:
      • 20mb Virgin Media
    I used eclipse computers once, and NEVER again. They are fine when there is no problem. However, when something goes wrong you are done for. They never replied to any of my emails (I was getting read confirmations that they were reading the emails though!) and they never pick up the phones. After giving up trying to contact them, I went down to the shop to get a replacement. There was a line of about 8 other people returning products and they were all also complaining about the crap service and how long they have been waiting. The guy dealing with the returns was extremely rude and cocky, and treated all of the customers as if they were idiots and didnt know what they were talking about. He was extremely rude to one old person and it was disgraceful and I really felt like intervening, but one of the other customers overheard and confronted him about being so rude and he just kept being cheeky back! When I finally got to the front of the cue, I gave them my external hard drive enclosure that was corrupting all the HDs I put in there, and gave them a couple of sheets of paper fully explaining what errors were happening, screenshots and how to replicate the problem. After about 30mins waiting, the guy just gave me everything back and said it all worked and basically to go back home, and even had the cheek to ask for a fee for testing the product as it didnt appear faulty! I told him about the paper that I had given to him with it and he claimed that I never gave him any such thing! I demanded to speak to the manager and the guy went into the backroom and didnt come out again, then the next time I saw him he tried to ignore me! After approaching him, he said 'sorry the manager is out and I forgot to get back to you...'!
    I made a massive fuss infront of all of their customers and everything, and then finally they agreed to take me into their back room. There were seriously about 5 people just sitting around talking, eating, playing games on the test systems and doing nothing at all when there was such a massive cue of people waiting at returns where only 1 guy was serving. And the phone was constantly ringing but everybody constantly ignored it and never picked it up, no wonder nobody can get through to this place! And to make it worse, the paper that I had given them was lying on the floor with loads of other junk, so I picked it up and shoved it right in his face making him feel like a complete jackass!
    Even after prooving that the external caddy was faulty, they kept making up loads of excuses and crap. Eventually I managed to get a replacement of a different make because they had run out of stock, but would have preferrd a refund but they kept pointing to some crappy sign saying that they do not offer refunds, only exchanges! Surely they have to offer cash refunds on faulty products if they have run out of stock??

NEVER use eclipse, they should be closed down! They have been investigated by trading standards so many times, why are they still allowed to sell to the public?!?!?!

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • C2D e4600 (w/ Xigmatek Red Scorpion)
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cavalier 3 silver (windowed)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1
    Whoah! How could they bin a fully working mobo and in such as short space of time in their possession.

They seem to contradict themselves in saying they had no contact details yet they tried contacting you.

I'd definitely suggest trading standards AND also contacting one or two of the PC publications such as Computer shopper, they usually have a couple of pages to help the consumers.
    Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦
    xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition (780/1950/1000) ¦ X-fi Gamer ¦ Gigabyte Poseiden ¦

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ouch, thanks for the heads up on service.

I puchased from them before, but only a heatsink which couldn't go wrong - I wouldn't dream on spending any large amounts of money there.

Seems like a load of cow boys.

Thanks

Re: Eclipse woe's

Right update on this! for those that read and for people that will read

Sent a letter of complaint to management asking for the matter to be resloved within 14 days and its seems to have worked but in the most confusing maner! the email is quoted as followed

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    Hi.

I have examined the situation regarding the returned motherboard and have found that it had been stored ready for disposal. The motherboard is ready to collect at anytime or if you wish I can send it out to you free of charge.

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can authorise the delivery. Please supply the RMA number of ###### in all correspondence.

Kind regards.

Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Hi

I find it very concerning that one employee of yours insisted that the motherboard had be disposed of, when it fact it hadn’t? How on earth did this mistake happen
    Obviously you can send it out to me free of charge I take it its 100% working

Cheers

craig
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    Hi

The RMA reports that the goods have been disposed of as we have had no communication with you. However, after a great deal of research it transpires that the information actually relates to another returned motherboard of the same type.

My apologies for the delay in resolving this matter, and as stated I will despatch the motherboard out to you free of charge.

Kind regards

Lee
    Can you actually believe that? i stood in eclipse computers ranting about why my motherboard had been disposed of only to now find it was still instore? i have today recieved the motherboard and it is as stated my motherboard!

I'd say to anyone thinking about buying from eclipse not to the term muppets come to mind, now i have to see if this motherboard is in fact working! if not back to eclipse i go

Registered+
    Thanks

Has anyone actually got anything good to say about them!?

Their queues are legendary. Once watched Godzilla while standing in the queue... great movie. Got stuck behind a couple who wanted to 'buy a computer' so was there for ages!

z

Thanks
    • shamus21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z68AP-D3
      • CPU:
      • 2500k @ 4.8
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Timings 9-9-9-24
      • Storage:
      • 60GB Vertex 3 SSD Boot - Samsung 256GB 830 SSD GameFile & 1TB WD1002FAEX Caviar Black BackUp
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infinity 720W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Armour Super Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64 bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 wfp
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Just watch what you buy from them.

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)

Quote Originally Posted by zpos View Post
    Has anyone actually got anything good to say about them!?

Their queues are legendary. Once watched Godzilla while standing in the queue... great movie. Got stuck behind a couple who wanted to 'buy a computer' so was there for ages!

z
    Surely you didn't let that couple buy from Eclipse???

BTW, I've been to Eclipse once! They didn't have the items in stock (Thank God).

Sital - thank you for the information.

Thanks
    • IAmATeaf's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600@3.25
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX460 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC6089B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung T240 24"
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL Max

Hmm, seems a bit suspicious to me but glad it's all turned out for the best.

I've purchased stuff from Eclipse but that was years ago when I was running a Iwill KK266 mobo, seems I was very lucky as I had no problems with any of the items purchased from them.

Thread Information