Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I being unreasonable?

Thanks

Re: Am I being unreasonable?

She didn't ring me back this morning

I'm getting so tired of being pissed about.

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

phone up tomorrow ask for a guranteed delivery date or threaten to cancel it there and then

Thanks
    • marshalex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T bios 1303
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840, WD Caviar Black 640Gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX @915 MHz
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower New 650W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell ST2210
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre 38MB

personally i'd have said discount or cancel after the first delay, any kind of delay is not really acceptable i would say and i would have thought companies would be going out of their way to ensure that the highest possible of service is delivered throughout otherwise people will go elsewhere in future. i didn't have any problems with them when i ordered my gfs inspiron a few months ago (in fact shock horror it arrived early!) but i still don't think its unreasonable to ask for some money back or some accessories thrown in with the deal as a "sweetner" so to speak and i agree about stating a deliver by date or else its cancelled. any respectable company will give you some kind of compensation if they're unable to fulfill the expectations of the customer.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 666moe666 View Post
    She didn't ring me back this morning

I'm getting so tired of being pissed about.
    You've got a higher tolerance for being jerked about than I have. I'd have cancelled by now, regardless of whether it was the exact spec I wanted or not.

This is also a classic example of why I often say, when discussing places like PC World, that if you can walk in, select what you want and take it away, it has it's advantages even if you pay for the privilege. I have a very low 'being jerked about' threshold before I lose patience, especially when people that want my custom don't honour their promises about ringing back.

Sky jerked me about when I ordered, and after several emails ignored and two phone calls that sat on hold until they disconnected, I simply cancelled the direct debit with my bank and sent them a registered delivery letter informing them that I'd cancelled, and why. Not a threat to cancel, but a cancellation. Needless to say, they got on the phone right quick after that, and were very attentive until all was sorted out. And that's fine - I got what I wanted (and a MUCH sweeter deal, I might add), but what I wanted was either what I ordered and paid for, or my money back. Either would do. What I wouldn't put up with was lousy service. SO they had a choice - do the job properly, or forget about doing it at all.

My attitude would have been the same with Dell, long before the point you've reached. They'd have had an ultimatum from me some time back - deliver as promised, or cancel, and I want one or the other by the date I specify, with no excuses. If they can't or won't deliver in time, that's fine with me, but they should then consider the order cancelled. When they receive that written instruction, they have a binary choice - pull their finger out or lose the sale. Either way would suit me.

5. Received thanks from:

666moe666 (15-10-2009)

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

I'm with Saracen on this. If they have taken your money they should have delievered it by now. What are they doing ? Asking Blue Peter to make it for them out of a cardboard box and sticky back plastic ?

Places like PC World/Curry's are great if they have what you want in, although at the moment its not the best time to buy a laptop anywhere. Sod all stock because of Windows 7 release soon, and if you do find something it will be on display and they won't move on the price of it because there's about 8% profit margin (£40 give or take profit made on a £400 laptop!)

If you do find one in stock that you like thats new in a box, take it there and then, the chances of you finding it still being in stock should you want to go away and think about it will be VERY slim.

I was asked if the Acer 5536 we were selling for £379 last week would come back into stock later in the week, I said there was as much chance of that happening as there was me knitting fog. When asked why I pointed out Windows 7 and they said "Oh but I heard that was awful!"

7. Received thanks from:

666moe666 (15-10-2009)

Thanks

The thing is, they have taken payment details but not actually taken payment yet. I assune they take the payment when they ship the order out. I need the laptop sooner, rather than later, because i have to do work for uni and i'm only at home like 10% of the time.

My plan of action is to e-mail the lady i'm dealing with telling her my disgust at her not even bothering to call me when she said she would giving me confirmation of date. Then tell her i would need extra incentive to go along with the order instead of calling the whole thing off. The 'progress of order' link i was given now doesn't even work which is just pure fail...

Thanks

Ok, just listened to the answer machine and she called me today (a day later than previously stated)

She said it is pretty much ready and she will get in contact again next tuesday to confirm i will be in to receive it on wednesday. Next wednesday will be the 21st. So it went from before the 7th, to the 21st. I'm still going to send the e-mail...

Thanks

same has basically happened to me, ordered on the 27th sept, original est delivery 8th oct, new est delivery 21st oct. Bit peeved as you might imagine, but I couldn't find the same spec for a similar price anywhere else, so i have to wait. Annoying thing is I have to make a special trip home to my parents where it's being delivered to, because I've just moved to a new job. Although I do need to move some things out from my parents, it's still inconvenient to have to wait till the laptop has been delivered until i can go home to move my things out. ho hum
    Last edited by kasavien; 15-10-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks

I wrote them a letter, who all those interested in my rambling on about this:

Dear Asmi Khan,
    It is with great displeasure that I am having to write to you. I am writing to let you know just how unhappy I am with the service I have received and how you can stop me cancelling my order altogether.

I put through an order, and gave my payment details to yourself, on the 24th September after having just enough funds to purchase the laptop I wanted from Dell. The order was then put through by yourself and I received an estimated delivery date of the 7th October but I'd remembered that you had told me you would get in touch beforehand to confirm I would be available to receive the order. It came to the 5th October when I decided to check the site as I had not heard from yourself, and to my initial dismay I saw that the expected date had now changed from 7th October to 13th October. As you can imagine I was most displeased. I then sent you an e-mail asking why the order had been pushed back on that Monday morning. You replied on Tuesday stating that you weren't in the office despite your answering machine saying that it was within your working days/hours.

The answer you gave to me was a lack of a certain part, which you now had in stock. Though this could have been the truth it's very easy to say, and just by putting something to this effect in on Google you can see how many people have been told that very same thing. Surely if this was the case in a lot of the situations it would be advisable to just buy more spare parts? I mean, Dell doesn't get to being the second largest seller of PCs & Servers by making basic errors and under-ordering/manufacturing parts?

Anyway, I then waited for the secondary date to arrive so I could finally get my hands on my new laptop. This was also not to be the case as I heard nothing yet the day before (12th October). Even I was displeased before you can imagine what I am like by this stage. So, I then rang yourself on the 13th October stating again my displeasure at the order having been delayed and that I will cancel it. You told me they are doing their best and I would probably have it very soon, in a few days. You then stated you would ring back the next day, in the morning, before I went to university. You didn't, as I've come to expect by this point. You rang earlier today (15th October) saying it would be here by next week (Wednesday 21st October). This is not at all satisfactory. I'm currently in my first year at University and am rarely at home at all. I need the laptop to carry out work upon, and if I haven't got it, yes you've guessed it, I can't use it.

I work for the biggest supermarket in the UK and we can be as apologetic to customers as we want, but sometimes that just doesn't cut it. We send them unconditional vouchers in the post as well as many apologies stating it will not happen again. As I'm sure you know, working in retail yourself, reputation is everything. If you receive good customer service somewhere, you may remember it for a little while and tell somebody about it. If you receive bad customer service you are likely to remember it for a long time to come and you will probably tell anyone who listens to you tell them about it. I'm a member of many online communities, many of which think I should have pulled the plug on the deal a while a go. I think I am too lenient and give everybody the benefit of the doubt too much, and too often, but there comes a point where everyone needs to put their foot down.

It is here where I shall end this email of complaint, I mean, who really wants to be writing an email of complaint at 23:00 on a Thursday night. I don't know about you, but there are things I'd much rather be doing. So basically what I am putting to you is that you offer me some kind of compensation for this delay, or have the product delivered by Saturday 17th October. If nothing has been offered to myself by this date, or the product has not arrived I would like to declare that I am no longer interested in receiving the product and would like to cancel the order. If you send it to me later than this date, without some form of compensation you are wasting my time as well as yours as I will simply send it back.

Feel free to forward this to your superior so then can give you an opinion on it and see if they even partially agree with what i am trying to put across. I doubt I'll be available by phone as I'm at University on Friday and then at work and I will also be working most of Saturday so email if probably your best option should you wish to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

M**** A*****

Customer Number: *********

Thanks
    • Antagram's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H97M-ITX/ac
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4570S
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Intel 335 Series 180GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 750 Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone ST30SF
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG05W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Pavilion 24XW
      • Internet:
      • 40Mb max

If you decided to order the same spec today would it cost less, same, or more than when the order was originally placed?

Sounds like at the current pace you might receive it with Windows 7 installed instead of requesting the upgrade from Dell at a later date.

Thanks

Yeah, her manager phoned me today. I didn't know that i got the windows 7 upgrade when it came out as it didn't say but apparently i do.

I would normally have to pay for the postage of them sending out the update but he said if i pay for it i should bill them for it and it will be free as compensation. I think initially he was going to give me money off a printer or something...

Registered+
    Thanks

Hmmm... you would have to weigh the possibility of getting some free stuff against the irritation of waiting an age to get what you paid for. Although by not notifying you of the changed dates for delivery, wouldn't they be in violation of consumer protection legislation?

Doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by 666moe666 View Post
    Yeah, her manager phoned me today. I didn't know that i got the windows 7 upgrade when it came out as it didn't say but apparently i do.

I would normally have to pay for the postage of them sending out the update but he said if i pay for it i should bill them for it and it will be free as compensation. I think initially he was going to give me money off a printer or something...
    I wouldn't accept it unless it's ultimate retail

The upgrades are less than £20, that's virtually nothing off a £500+ machine, less than 5%
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    I wouldn't accept it unless it's ultimate retail

The upgrades are less than £20, that's virtually nothing off a £500+ machine, less than 5%
    Yeah, but i get the upgrade anyway, so it's actually just the cost of postage.
    I didn't want the hassle of sending it back and stuff so i'm keeping it i guess. Still can't get the spec i got from anywhere else yet.

They tried to give me money off a printer that i didn't want =/

Thanks

Have you been able to order the upgrade yet? I've tried several times but it won't let me complete the order. I suspect it may be because my csc number on the back of my debit card begins with a 0 so when it stores the number it discards the zero, and then when I click confirm it thinks i've only entered a two digit csc number. I can't think of any other reason, but it would be useful to know if anyone else has issues with the dell site other people are having similar issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kasavien View Post
    Have you been able to order the upgrade yet? I've tried several times but it won't let me complete the order. I suspect it may be because my csc number on the back of my debit card begins with a 0 so when it stores the number it discards the zero, and then when I click confirm it thinks i've only entered a two digit csc number. I can't think of any other reason, but it would be useful to know if anyone else has issues with the dell site other people are having similar issues.
    I tried a couple of days ago and it wouldn't let me.
    I tried today and it let me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information