Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: www.overclockers.co.uk -Have they gotten any better?

Thanks
    OT, the forums are ran by monkeys anyway that work at the shop iirc, moderated extremely poorly

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fullfat
    OT, the forums are ran by monkeys anyway that work at the shop iirc, moderated extremely poorly
    Not all work at the shop, but all do get some benefit.

I would ask how many have had their account at some time banned, and how many have returned

I will say this, dave had more then a friendly attitude to OCUK at one point in Hexus' life

Thanks
    Used them yeeears ago but then stopped due to them in general being a bunch of (insert filtered word here).

Thanks
    • megatron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • q9550
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill PI8800 1150Mhz DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 4.7Tb Caviar EARS 2Tb, EACS 1Tb, 7k1000.b, Spinpoint 200Mb, Seagate 500Gb ST3500641AS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Voltage Tweak 5770 (egg shape cooler)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • P180 Antec
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 6bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20Mb (XL)
    Well in the past Ive had bad experiences with a lot of places including OcUK and scan but I would still buy from them since it was a few years ago and its all forgotten. Having said that I bought my vx922 from watford/savastore since I had a good rma experience with them. I got a full refund on my 9700pro after 2 years use (£280 odd).

I did buy my x1900xt from overclockers but now looking at the price only a month or 2 later I feel a little cheated - since they always give the impression that the price cant get any lower but they obviously knew about reducing the cards from £260 to £210 beforehand.

Thanks
    • asteroth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert
      • CPU:
      • Opteron 165
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoints
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Evga 8800 GTS 320
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 12+ 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC60 Black
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20 inch wide
      • Internet:
      • Be
    scan used to be crap, massive turnaround over last couple of years. wont shop anywhere else now. OCUK has always been crap and still is, there business model seems to be based on psychophantic kids "you can be in my gang, all the cool kids are" kustompcs and scan are the only two places i happily shop at, customer services has exceeded esxpectations.

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    personally I will never buy from them again

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    am currently going through a terrible rma experience 0n my x1800xt card is two weeks late back and they are being extremely unhelpful with letting me know waht is going on

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN

this is the third rma i ahve had go wrong with them

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by cptwhite_uk
    well my mate's been waiting for his replacement X1800XT for 5 weeks now...that's why I don't use them

i am your mate thats waiting freaky man

Thanks
    I have never had a problem with them, although have never had to rma anything. The only retailer I have had problems with was Aria. Terrible customer services. I mainly use scan or kustom pcs who are slighly more expenive but fantastic! I have no qualms about using ocuk if they have a good offer on for something that I am shopping for.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    • Max Tractor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TA890GXE
      • CPU:
      • 95w 1055T@x4-3.5Ghz-1.15v
      • Memory:
      • Samsung Green 30nm low voltage 2x4GB@1.26v
      • Storage:
      • Corsair 3 60GB-Sandisk Extreme 240GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7850 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic SS-1050XM
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster elite 120(Modd)
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ EW2430
    Communist party/Comical Ali/and the largest assorment of end user Brown nosers, and that is only the blue talkie place.

As for the other place, well, I dare you I double dare you

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by menthel
    I have never had a problem with them, although have never had to rma anything. The only retailer I have had problems with was Aria. Terrible customer services. I mainly use scan or kustom pcs who are slighly more expenive but fantastic! I have no qualms about using ocuk if they have a good offer on for something that I am shopping for.

i second that one man aria are useless when you have a problem

scan are pretty good and my favourite for rma is dabs

sent my old inno3d 6800gt back after 11 months cos it died took them ten days to email me after recieving it and the email went along the lines

dear sir we ahve recieved and tested your graphics card and found it to be faulty we are currently unable to source a replacement card so have placed a full refund in your account you should recieve it within 3-5 days

£290 i spent on that card had it a year it broke with the refund i gotta bfg 7800gt and £60 change

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danroyle
    am currently going through a terrible rma experience 0n my x1800xt card is two weeks late back and they are being extremely unhelpful with letting me know waht is going on

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN

this is the third rma i ahve had go wrong with them
    Once bitten, twice shy - thrid time say goodbye

Thanks
    Personally i would never touch Overclockers again after my last experience, they sent me the wrong motherboard, which took 2 weeks to get a replacement sent back to me. However, despite my 6/7/8 emails, there was no response. The telephone was nigh on impossible to get through on, ringing upwardly of 30/40 minutes, only for some dullard to pick it up and slam it back down (hanging up), then i'd get the engaged tone as others were trying too...woeful woeful service.

If you dont want to use the 0870 number, you could try 01782 339600 as thats the geographic number, not sure if it works though.

However, i you order from them. I 'd just hope that you have no problems, otherwise you have a lonnnnng wait!

Thanks
    • chrestomanci's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus AMD AM4 Ryzen PRIME B350M
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 1600 @ stock clocks
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DDR4 2666MHz
      • Storage:
      • 250Gb Samsung 960 Evo M.2 + 3Tb Western Digital Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Basic AMD GPU (OSS linux drivers)
      • PSU:
      • Novatech 500W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG02
      • Operating System:
      • Linux - Latest Xubuntu
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ 24" LCD (Thanks: DDY)
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by danroyle
    ...my favourite for rma is dabs

sent my old inno3d 6800gt back after 11 months cos it died took them ten days to email me after recieving it and the email went along the lines

dear sir we ahve recieved and tested your graphics card and found it to be faulty we are currently unable to source a replacement card so have placed a full refund in your account you should recieve it within 3-5 days

£290 i spent on that card had it a year it broke with the refund i gotta bfg 7800gt and £60 change
    Good for you. I have had some bad RMA experences with Dabs, One one ocasion, I order a CPU and they sent me the wrong model. I quered it straight away but they still took several weeks refunding me, and I had to pay for the postage back to them.

The worst though was when a low end Gigabyte motherboard died on me after about 3 months. I sent it back to them, they tested it and confirmed it was faulty, but intead of replacing it, they sent it back to Tiwan, for repair. I was without that board (and the system it went in) for three months. Had I known it would have taken so long to sort out at the outset, I would have ordered a new replacement immedately and then ebayed the RMA replacement when it arrived.

What made both RMA experences worse was the fact that dabs did not have any telephone support. Ordering stuff online is fine but when there is a problem it is much better to speak to someone directly than to enter into email ping-pong. I have had a quick look at the dabs website and found this article showing that they still don't speak on the phone. This alone is a reason why I would not order from dabs again if there is an alternative.

Thanks
    Surprise surprise another "lets bash OcUK thread"!

I have spent thousands at OcUK and they are always my first port of call. The only RMA I have ever had due to poor packaging was Scan - sending 2 raptors wrapped only in bubble wrap in a plastic City Link bag! Shocking! Went smoothly though.

With OcUk you can either phone them (which a lot people like to do) or use their web-notes system - as near to email as you're gonna get.

Yes their forums are restrictive in some ways (but nothing I cant put up with), but they are paid for etc by OcUK. Would any of you if you ran any shop put up with people posting links to competitors and flaming you on YOUR forums? No. Didnt think so.

Finally most the deals Gibbo gets excited about are excellent. They have stock and lots of it on the day they say they will and its a very good price. Yes if you wait a day or two or a week the rest catch up and you can get possibly a better deal elsewhere, but that is what the PC industry is like. Most people want it yesterday.

Oh and before everyone flames me for having a threesome with Spie and Gibbo, I have bought from, OcUK, Scan, Overclock, Komplett, Tekheads, Eclipse, Gladiator, PCMU, Misco, Dabs, TheCoolingShop, Fleetwood, CPUcity (RIP), Epiglet, Chillblast, and Kustompcs. If I want it and it's in stock (this is the biggie) I will get it whereever. Also delivery cost comes into the equation; living in Northern Ireland we get hit with some stupidly high charges (something OcUK are not too bad on).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goreblast
    Surprise surprise another "lets bash OcUK thread"!
    Well you have to ask why the keep appearing?

I am glad you never had any issue with them, Im sure you are not the only one. But it would seem a high percentage of OcUK customers have been burnt.

And as you have yet to experience any issue's such as the ones provided in the post, and I hope you don't. You can't blame anyone for wanting to voice their opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information