Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: www.overclockers.co.uk -Have they gotten any better?

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddy
    Well you have to ask why the keep appearing?

I am glad you never had any issue with them, Im sure you are not the only one. But it would seem a high percentage of OcUK customers have been burnt.

And as you have yet to experience any issue's such as the ones provided in the post, and I hope you don't. You can't blame anyone for wanting to voice their opinion.
    true.. how true.. *wipes tears*...

OcUK isnt all that bad when things work out fine. But when they dont then there's a problem. But yea, you have to ask why doesnt these thing happen more often to other etailers?

There has to be an explanation.. But in all honestly, I wont buy from OcUK unless its somethign that wont screw up badly unless they packed it terribly like a PC case, or something more subtle in value..

You do have to agree, trying to reach their CS is harder than chewing a tree bark for breakfast. My last experience took 4 days until soemone actually picked up.. and he wasnt very friendly anyways.
    Me want Ultrabook

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    Seriously anther one of these? And how long as it been now since that 'incident'?...geeze let it go people..

Will repeat what i've said in every other one of these - I have personally never had any problems with OCUK - every delivery has been fast, well packaged, and at a good price. I have had a couple of things go wrong (but not OCUKs fault), with some asus motherboards that died on me, but I got a full refund in each case and in the end went with a more reliable manufacturer. (refund was easy to get too - phoned them up, they gave me a few things to try to fix, didnt work so just offered me a refund or replacement).

When i'm back in a few weeks i'll be ordering some more parts - and my order will be split between scan (for the low value stuff) and OCUK for my new gfx card - purely because of delivery in this case. When I order something high value I want to make sure it arrives in one piece - and this is OCUKs 'trump card' over scan - they don't use citylink! You actually get a choice of who you want to deliver your products to you..

thats my only criticism of scan really, and the main reason I will use OCUK again and again..

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    OCUK = big pair of dirty pants.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangel
    LOL

I've ordered a memory stick last year. Received ok. Not sure if much could have gone wrong.

A few months a go I placed an order for a psu (as they were the only ones who could guarantee the exact revision - I only checked the website) and HD. Wasn't shipped same day and I had second thoughts so cancelled the order the next day.

Thanks
    heres an interesting one, - I stopped using Overclockers due to this incident
    http://trust.hexus.net/user_profile.php?user=3171

basiclly I bought a set of F.A Porche speakers, and they had a fault, after much dealings (including massive waits for contact to be returned and numerous "contact speedlink" style response) I got them to accept the speakers back and they replaced them with a new working set (great - good job - thanks, shouldn't have been that hard but still job sorted)

Six months later I get a phone call from a random person asking if I'd ever bought a set of F.A Porche speakers from overclockers, to which I said yes, and it turns out they had sent the broken set out - still unopened from when I returned them, with my contact details and RMA note still in them to this user who had bought from them, and was now refusing to accept the speakers back from him as the they "worked when they sent them out" which as it still have my RMA information in, and my yellow tank tape sealing the box suggests they had never been opened from when I returned them faulty. Last I heard he was writing an article to a large computer magazine and speaking to trading standards.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    so many negatives so few positives.. They are run by a facist!

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    ..it's just that this forum is HEAVILY biased against them, for reasons i don't think we're allowed to bring up

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1
    ..it's just that this forum is HEAVILY biased against them, for reasons i don't think we're allowed to bring up
    Oh I hated them long, long before I found hexus through personal experience of being told to get lost by their MD when i had a warranty claim on a video card. That hexus is 'biased' against them bothers me no one bit - there's a special level on hell reserved for the cowboys of OCUK with pointy sharp things and things with sharp little black teeth..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    I don't understand how a forum can be against them ? The Trust profiles I've read are from none hexus affiliated users - eg: just user who view this forum but do not have an interest in it. There must be /something/ thats causing all these negative feelings about them, which can really only be put down to the service/quality they are offering at the moment. Things may or may not have got better, but as this threads title suggests the starter is looking for views, there have been a few positives, but most are negative and based on my own unbiased opinion which I posted above I can see why there are so many negatives. I used them for about 6 months without any major problems (1 order messed up, some late deliveries etc etc) which I could "live" with, however when I geuinly needed someone to sort something out for me it took 2 months for them to even issue an RMA number. Then months later they sell the damaged product to another person, complete with my personal contact details, address phone number etc etc.

Its just not a good impression.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    Leaving aside the bias of the forum members here - which is obviously towards scan due at least in part to their presence and free shipping offer - it's normal for there to be many more negative views than positive..when shopping from online stores theres nothing really 'good' to shout about normally - you place an order, your goods arrive within a few days..your done. Nothing compelling you to remember that 'experience', nothing saying 'go and shout about it on forums'. Everything went fine but you just dont notice it.

When something goes wrong though, you *do* remember it. The vast majority of us *do* want to go and shout about it and let other people know...thats just how we are. So obviously there will be more bad opinions than good. OCUK will also have a huge number of customers, and I'll bet its really a tiny percentage of people that actually have real problems caused by OCUK. They are by no means the best company in terms of support, but they are not the worst..they have good prices and give decent service most of the time.

unfortunately one bad experience will taint their reputation in your eyes forever, and if your unlucky enough to have a few bad experiences then obviously that will be magnified...for example me and citylink - I have had so many problems wtih them over the years its unbelievable..I have a post in the scan section explaining the problems (in a failed effort to get scan to give us a choice of shipping methods) so look there if your interested, but those experiences have led me to never, ever use citylink ever unless thats my only choice..i'm heavily biased agianst them but i'm sure that the majority of their deliverys go fine..
    Last edited by Spud1; 14-08-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangel
    Comone buddy, you should know better!
    It’s fine to let people know your experiences with them, but pointless name calling doesn’t get anyone anywhere.
    Im going to lock this thread before it starts to go way over the top. If anyone wants to contact the OP, drop him a PM.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information