Thread: Review:: Two Worlds - Xbox 360

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Review:: Two Worlds - Xbox 360

Like most RPGs, there's a huge amount of freedom in Two Worlds as you visit high, snow-covered mountains in the north, Dwarven foothills, green plains, rocky mountains in the south, desolated lands in the east and the desert regions, stumbling across dozens of beasts, villages and settlements along the way. Is it an Oblivion beater though?
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB

Re: Two Worlds - Xbox 360

Two Worlds doesn't just involve fumbling around in the Inventory window, but there's also plenty of combat to get stuck into on your travels. Combat is very basic and consists of three different moves, a basic thrust attack, a one-two combo and a flurry attack. Unfortunately, they all involve clicking the right trigger, either once twice or three times, meaning that fighting soon becomes fairly dull and repetitive. With the addition of a block move, fighting could have been more fun and tactical, but as it stands it merely involves you pressing the trigger at the right time, so as not to coincide with their attack, whilst keeping an eye on your health metre should you need to make a quick escape or to take a health potion.
    you can assign skills (dirty trick etc) to the dpad and pull the left trigger to activate - which does add some tactical ability to combat. Although that does little to improve the game.

There's also glitched achievements (Visited all undergrounds, Visited all locations) which cannot be completed (hopefully fixed in the next patch for those that can be bothered playing it)

Horse Riding is very annoying (the horse will go where it wants sometimes not necessarily the direction you want (hey, perhaps it is lifelike after all))

Some of the skills are pointless, the Unhorse Strike skill is particularly useless as there are no mounted enemies in the game.
    Double weapons are not as good as single weapon and shield (double weapon doesn't do any more damage or give you better reach and you get better buffs from a shield).

For those that have got the game I found a good userguide here

If you really want to give it a go I suggest renting it first.
    Last edited by Blademrk; 21-09-2007 at 10:24 AM.
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thanks

Re: Two Worlds - Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
    you can assign skills (dirty trick etc) to the dpad and pull the left trigger to activate - which does add some tactical ability to combat. Although that does little to improve the game.

There's also glitched achievements (Visited all undergrounds, Visited all locations) which cannot be completed (hopefully fixed in the next patch for those that can be bothered playing it)

Horse Riding is very annoying (the horse will go where it wants sometimes not necessarily the direction you want (hey, perhaps it is lifelike after all))

Some of the skills are pointless, the Unhorse Strike skill is particularly useless as there are no mounted enemies in the game.
    Double weapons are not as good as single weapon and shield (double weapon doesn't do any more damage or give you better reach and you get better buffs from a shield).

For those that have got the game I found a good userguide here

If you really want to give it a go I suggest renting it first.
    I should have mentioned horse combat really, it's annoying.

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB

Re: Review:: Two Worlds - Xbox 360

Thought I'd better try the main campaign this weekend as I've just generally been roaming about trying to level up. Far too easy... The time consuming bit is actually travelling between the locations.
    The final boss was a joke (just freeze with a level 2 water spell and attack with weapon of choice, dead in 2 minutes).

The strange thing is even the though the game is dire, bug ridden and has an awful lot to complain about (enemy AI in particular), I did enjoy playing it. Perhaps it's just 'cos you can switch off and not really have to concentrate on anything while playing... or something.
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thread Information