Thread: Xbox 360 dash update - Download Halo and other OLD games

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Xbox 360 dash update - Download Halo and other OLD games

The Official Xbox Magazine has the scoop for the December 4th Xbox 360 dashboard update, with news that we'll be able to download full Xbox games, including the original Halo.
    Read more.

Great...thanks.

Thanks
    • chrisg22's system
      • Motherboard:
      • abit AW9D-Max
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6600
      • Memory:
      • GeIL 2GB PC6400 800MHz Ultra Low Latency
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung Spinpoint P
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 256mb Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • 530w Tagan EasyCon
      • Case:
      • Aerocool Baydream Silver
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" Daewoo W9ZQ Black Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 4MB Virgin Media Cable

Re: Xbox 360 dash update - Download Halo and other OLD games

"This article has been removed. Return to the CVG homepage here."

Hmmm interesting?
    SuperFriends.World of Warcraft.Dunemaul = Velous | CS:S = ChrisG | EVE Online = Alex Marche

Gaming Rig (See System)|Nintendo Wii|Nintendo 64|Sony PSP|Sony Playstation|Sony Playstation 2 Silmline|Xbox 360 Pro v.2 HDMI|Dell XPS M1530|

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg22 View Post
    "This article has been removed. Return to the CVG homepage here."

Hmmm interesting?
    Very interesting indeed, I wonder what that is all about.

I wonder if OXM have been knocking at their door to take it down or MS.

Thanks

Interesting, I do love a good fall update.

I'm not that interested in the original Xbox titles but I wonder if this will mean a reduction in price for some or the arcade titles? If the full original Xbox titles will retail for 1200 MS Points, an 800 Point arcade title starts to seem a little pricey I think.

There's a few games on the arcade that are 800 points that I probably would have purchased if they were 600 and definately if they were 400.

Thanks

I'm reasonably sure the Video Marketplace delays in Europe have everything to do with the EU regulatory pressure on Microsoft. The last thing they need to do while trying to conform with antitrust investigations is launch a product that competes with the BBC. The television taxation in England in particular is very different than here in the states, too. We don't pay for broadcast licenses here, all broadcast TV is paid for by the advertising, so MS may have to pay the British government some new tax on TV content that they would not have to pay here in the states. I'm just guessing on the tax comments but it does make sense.

I hope they do get through it quickly and get the Video Marketplace world-wide. Downloadable HD video is VERY good and could help decide the winner in the Blu-Ray HD-DVD format war (neither!). Word to the wise though - if you think you're going to use the Video Marketplace when it does launch and you haven't already bought a 360, get the Elite - the 20GB hard drive gets eaten up quickly by HD video content.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daggre View Post
    I'm reasonably sure the Video Marketplace delays in Europe have everything to do with the EU regulatory pressure on Microsoft. The last thing they need to do while trying to conform with antitrust investigations is launch a product that competes with the BBC. The television taxation in England in particular is very different than here in the states, too. We don't pay for broadcast licenses here, all broadcast TV is paid for by the advertising, so MS may have to pay the British government some new tax on TV content that they would not have to pay here in the states. I'm just guessing on the tax comments but it does make sense.

I hope they do get through it quickly and get the Video Marketplace world-wide. Downloadable HD video is VERY good and could help decide the winner in the Blu-Ray HD-DVD format war (neither!). Word to the wise though - if you think you're going to use the Video Marketplace when it does launch and you haven't already bought a 360, get the Elite - the 20GB hard drive gets eaten up quickly by HD video content.
    I have a second hard drive ready to use as soon as the Video marketplace goes live. Looking forward to seeing what we get.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

no license is required to buy a monitor and a dvd player, and buy a bunch of dvd box-sets of tv shows. even bbc shows.

there are differences between live broadcast, and recorings, when it comes to the tv license

Thanks

I dont think the BBC thing would be an issue, MS have already had talks with the BBC to get stuff onto Xbox marketplace for the UK (fingers crossed for Planet Earth in HD!)

http://forums.hexus.net/gaming-news/...box-360-a.html

Thread Information