Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The future's dull, the future's Orange

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

The future's dull, the future's Orange

There's nothing quite as frustrating as poor customer service and to my experience, Orange truly excel at providing some of the worst customer service you're likely to find.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: The future's dull, the future's Orange

wonder what Orange's response to this might be?

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Ouch thats shocking really.

Years ago Orange used to be absolutely fantastic, back in the days of the everyday 50 tarriff, but now this is the second horror story I've heard this week.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post
    Ouch thats shocking really.

Years ago Orange used to be absolutely fantastic, back in the days of the everyday 50 tarriff, but now this is the second horror story I've heard this week.

same here! Everyday50 (previous everyday 20?) era was great, handsets serivce etc were great. I had a problem with a handset upgrade as the op did...left them for tmobile who (after 18 months) seam to be fine.

I find it a shame about trhe whole handset price for one person, then a discounted price upon asking for a PAC!

Thanks
    • Re-Invented's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5W Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2x1 GB Geil 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2x 320 Seagate Drives SATA
      • PSU:
      • 700w FSP Epsilon
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ0?
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 43" Pioneer 436XDE
      • Internet:
      • Be There 24mb

I've no problems with Orange phones but i always use Orange Premier, this puts you to UK Call Centres Immediatley which is ncie so I cant say they have bad CS as I use the premier service

Lee

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

they were once....SOOOO GOOD.

My Orange Mobile account has only become a drain on my patience since they decided to have a broadband presence as well.

Tis such a waste....they were SOO good once. And now...painfully incompetent. I literally DREAD tryint to upgrade next time 'round

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • Dorza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe - WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.06Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Cosair HX520W
      • Case:
      • LianLi something something or other
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo FlexScan S1910 (1280*1024)
      • Internet:
      • 2mb Virgin (when they want to give me that: else 1mb)

After looking around for the best deal I went with a T-Mobile Vario III (aka TyTn II) on the Flext 20 + web'n'walk tariff for £22.50 per month. The web aspect of it was great I thought. Anyway the phone arrives; I fire it up everything works great. The phone is advertised as having HSDPA technology everywhere you look. Its even part of the feature list on the T-Mobile box that it came in...”HSDPA 3.6Mbps Technology” is what it says. For all intents and purposes, when you get this phone you will have a hsdpa enabled phone, nothing on the t-mobile site states otherwise, at least not when I signed up.

However after a few days it became clear that I was not getting HSDPA connections, so I phoned them up. After a 30 minute on hold while we sort it out for you period, I was told that only Flext Web’n’walk Plus customers get HSDPA speeds. At the time I ordered the phone, their website and T&C made absolutely no mention of this. Like I said previously as far as anyone ordering the phone is concerned they will have access to a HSDPA connection on standard Flex + Web’n’Walk tariffs. To cut a long story short, there was nothing the CS rep could do for me on my current tariff. They wanted me to upgrade to get HSDPA…I politely told them where to stick that offer.

All in all I am totally peed off with T-Mobile for not stating CLEARLY what it is you will and won't get, BEFORE you part cash with them. I will not fall into this trap again and will refuse on principle any upgrade offers that come my way, when my contract ends. Tried them once, and not again. They fail where I’m concerned and can stick it.

I am generally sick of customer support in the UK, it is largely non-existent. Service providers top my hate list, be it ISPs or mobile services. They are all the same imo, and for what its worth MOST of the bad CS is caused by people half a world away. Why should they care, they are half a word away as I say. They completely suck at their jobs and I am completely fed up of having to go through to them. On the rare, occasion that I get through to an incompetent British CS person, I am very nearly ecstatic, based purely on the fact that I can understand them, and they can understand me. Then if they can’t help me, my cautious happiness ends and I'm put through to a foreigner…Great, a further step backwards.

If the customer and the person on the other end can't understand each other properly (which is the foundation to good communications), then how on earth can a proper service be provided? All this agro so that money grabbing companies can save a few quid on cheep labour. Sorry to put it like that, but that’s what it boils down to....Money, not service.

In relation to orange, one of my mates is still waiting for his broadband gear to be delivered. He was expecting the stuff in early December. My other mate has also had outings on the phone with them. EDIT just to add, that when I was a PAYG customer with them, I often found their staff to be rude, condescending and very hard to understand, yet they make you feel like your the one thats at fault with their attitude.

Virgin Media are also completely and utterly useless on the phone. My dad asked them to send details through of exactly what it was he was having with them. He was moving to the TV service and wanted a complete breakdown of the TV services he was getting. After phoning once and not receiving the info, he phoned again and they assured him it would be sent out. Two days later they send him a HDMI cable with a letter stating at this cable was a replacement for the faulty one we received at the time of installation….A faulty cable which doesn’t exist. I mean come on, sort it out. Talk about utterly useless.

Oh and I won’t even start to talk about how neolithic people in my local council are. The above companies are bad, but these guys in the council are something different.
    Last edited by Dorza; 15-01-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks

got to agree re: the orange broadband side, the customer service is appalling, and I hate the indian call centres. Ever since orange took over the broadband from wanadoo my speed went down and contacting the call centre was nigh impossible.

I ended up going to post office broadband and am happy with it

DR
    Thanks

I got to say - I find Orange pretty ace - thing is I' a corp customer and seem to manage to get things sorted.

The biggest challenge they face is most of the staff seem to be 'jobsworths' and don't actually care - when you find someone who does get their DDI.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by Dorza View Post
    After looking around for the best deal I went with a T-Mobile Vario III (aka TyTn II) on the Flext 20 + web'n'walk tariff for £22.50 per month. The web aspect of it was great I thought. Anyway the phone arrives; I fire it up everything works great. The phone is advertised as having HSDPA technology everywhere you look. Its even part of the feature list on the T-Mobile box that it came in...”HSDPA 3.6Mbps Technology” is what it says. For all intents and purposes, when you get this phone you will have a hsdpa enabled phone, nothing on the t-mobile site states otherwise, at least not when I signed up.

However after a few days it became clear that I was not getting HSDPA connections, so I phoned them up. After a 30 minute on hold while we sort it out for you period, I was told that only Flext Web’n’walk Plus customers get HSDPA speeds. At the time I ordered the phone, their website and T&C made absolutely no mention of this. Like I said previously as far as anyone ordering the phone is concerned they will have access to a HSDPA connection on standard Flex + Web’n’Walk tariffs. To cut a long story short, there was nothing the CS rep could do for me on my current tariff. They wanted me to upgrade to get HSDPA…I politely told them where to stick that offer.

All in all I am totally peed off with T-Mobile for not stating CLEARLY what it is you will and won't get, BEFORE you part cash with them. I will not fall into this trap again and will refuse on principle any upgrade offers that come my way, when my contract ends. Tried them once, and not again. They fail where I’m concerned and can stick it.
    THats quite interesting, wonder if its set on a per sim basis? I have a TyTN that i upgraded to WM6, which enables HSDPA, and it works fine.

Thanks
    • b0redom's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • CPU:
      • 3.4Ghz Quad Core i7
      • Memory:
      • 24GB
      • Storage:
      • 3TB Fusion Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nViidia GTX 680MX
      • PSU:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • Case:
      • Late 2012 pointlessly thin iMac enclosure
      • Operating System:
      • OSX 10.8 / Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2713H
      • Internet:
      • Be+

I've got a corp account with them too, and I find them to be completely useless too. 18 months on from their inept Richmond-upon-Thames store trying to sort out merging a personal account with a business account they've still not managed it.

In the first few months with them, I spent literally hours on hold with their support/accounts department trying to sort out the issues I had with them.

My contract it up in 7 days, and there is NO WAY I'll renew with them on principle.

Thanks

Orange has always been fine for me, however I've never had to call the customer service line.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • goldcd's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit an8 fatality
      • CPU:
      • X2 4400+
      • Memory:
      • 2G Patriot
      • Storage:
      • A Tb or so of random drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7900gtx
      • PSU:
      • 800W thingie
      • Case:
      • Very old and much loved Lian Li.
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell
      • Internet:
      • 10 Meg Cable (which I hate)

Just to repeat what others have said, Orange did use to be great. Cost a bit more than the other operators, but everything just worked. Your phone broke, you called them and the next day a replacement was there (and this was provided by the insurance that was included in the monthly payment).
    I finally left them, swearing never to return a few years ago when my P800 packed up. It was dead. I couldn't turn it on. Definitely definitely broken. Called up to report this and was told they couldn't accept it was broken.
    Why not I asked.
    Because it's a higher value smartphone and has to be confirmed as broken by them.
    Ok - Can you put me through to them?
    No - they don't talk to the public.
    Hmmm. Can you talk to them?
    No - I can only raise a ticket.
    Anyway, long and the short of this was that I spent over a month calling first line support asking them why nobody had got in contact with me. Nice scottish ladies on the phone were as lovely as ever and sympathised with me completely - but couldn't do anything to help.
    From what I gather they've just got worse and worse since I left, cutting benefits, creating convoluted packages and finally topping it off with the most insane 'What animal are you?' plans. Crap companies I can accept and avoid, but watching one you previously 'liked' be systematically destroyed.. Still could be worse, I could be one of those nice scottish ladies who were helplessly forced to listen to me, before being offshored.

Thanks

Hi - i got this link through a google alert and to be honest, it brings back nightmares of when I was with orange broadband (and mobile). Exactly as you have said, they WERE an excellent company when it was just mobile phones and then they decided to take over wanadoo and things went bad, in fact really bad.

There is a website that you may want to take a look at orangeproblems.co.uk where there is a lot of help about many of the problems with orange and their customer support (or lack of).

Thought i'd help you out after reading the google news alert!

Good luck

Thanks
    • Dorza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe - WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.06Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Cosair HX520W
      • Case:
      • LianLi something something or other
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo FlexScan S1910 (1280*1024)
      • Internet:
      • 2mb Virgin (when they want to give me that: else 1mb)

Quote Originally Posted by sparky99 View Post
    Hi - i got this link through a google alert and to be honest, it brings back nightmares of when I was with orange broadband (and mobile). Exactly as you have said, they WERE an excellent company when it was just mobile phones and then they decided to take over wanadoo and things went bad, in fact really bad.

There is a website that you may want to take a look at orangeproblems.co.uk where there is a lot of help about many of the problems with orange and their customer support (or lack of).

Thought i'd help you out after reading the google news alert!

Good luck
    Wow, things really must be bad if there's a forum dedicated to discussing the problems of one company.

Thanks

After a few bad experiances with Orange and their indian call center, i just demand to be put through to a UK representitive. I hate being rude because I used to work in a call center but if they insist on helping you, ask their name and when you've got it, let them know you'll be explaining they're the reason you're going to be giving for cancelling your contract if they don't put you through

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information