Thread: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Multiplayer Mayhem in Montreal

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Multiplayer Mayhem in Montreal

in the final part of my playtest session in Ubisoft's Montreal offices, me and my team-mates take on the best that Ubisoft can throw against us... and get our arses thoroughly kicked.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Multiplayer Mayhem in Montreal

im now 39th out of 14,000 at total conquest - trying to get some games on tonight but the servers are killing me
    read this thread on the PS3 issue:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PS3 Suffering Online Woes; Internet User's Uncle May Be Threatening Lawsuit - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

The PlayStation 3 edition of Ubisoft Montreal's recently released Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is suffering from issues that are said to make the game's online multiplayer practically unplayable, according to multiple reports.
    Since the game's retail debut last week, owners of the PlayStation 3 version have been complaining in the game's official forum and other message boards about issues joining online matches and frequent server disconnections.

Though these specific problems that are not said to be a widespread issue with the Xbox 360 edition, several reports have surfaced of freezing glitches within that version of the game.

A Ubisoft representative responded to the complaints Friday, noting that the company was investigating the issues and "will post when we have something concrete to tell you." A separate post asks players of the PS3 iteration to troubleshoot their connection based on the NAT type of their connection.
    However, Ubisoft's paltry response has not been enough for the ever-impatient legion of scorned message board users and their always-influential family members. According to user facktery81, his uncle's "very reputable" law firm has been hired to sue Ubisoft "for releasing a product that does not do as advertised," though the thread has since devolved into an argument regarding the legitimacy of facktery81's claim.

XBOX: BauerPrime

Thanks

Thats not good to hear mate... I know you've been playing this alot recently. I'm still slogging through burnout but i dont get much time to play.

Thanks

i've been sat rigght now for 25 minutes to try and make/ join a game with no luck - i need to keep going to keep my rank up
    send me a message later if your on burnout and i will come on with you for a bit - need to do a few road rules which i can do online.

Thanks

I was having the same problems with rainbow six vegas 2, the ps3 did say it was in Nat 2(which means its configured right). after opening(forwarding) ports, rainbow six worked perfectly after.

The ports i opened were 80, 443 3478, 3479, 3480, 5233, 8080 in TCP protocol,
    and opened the 3478, 3479, 3658 in UDP protocol as well.

All these ports and instructions are in the instruction booklet, no lawsuit is going to follow through.

portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Rainbow_Six_Vegas/Rainbow_Six_Vegasindex.htm

This site can help further if you don't know how to forward ports.

Hope this helps everyone, TJH

Thanks

servers fixed over the weekend
    im 2000xp from elite gonna make me some optimus prime camo

Thread Information