Thread: Interview :: Two Worlds : The Temptation - PC, Xbox 360

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Interview :: Two Worlds : The Temptation - PC, Xbox 360

Topware Interactive tell HEXUS.gaming why its upcoming RPG sequel will be bigger and better than Two Worlds.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair 3600 MHZ Cas 18
      • Storage:
      • 250GB BX500, M500 240GB, SN750 1TB NVME, mechs - Hitachi 1TB. WDblue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" Panasonix viera (1080p limited RGB)
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

Re: Interview :: Two Worlds : The Temptation - PC, Xbox 360

Having been a tad disappointed with Two Worlds, possibly because we'd just completed Oblivion

I was the other way around, dissapointed in Oblivion and excited about Two Worlds, possibly because i'm a fan of the Gothic series and Two Worlds felt like the game Gothic 3 should have been.

i just hope that with this new game/expansion they haven't forgotten about the quests they left open ended. The one that comes to mind most is 'the flame' saying something like "we can talk more of our plans, after you have completed your quest", you go off and complete your quest which is rescuing your sister, and then the game ends. so i hope that the necromancers play a role in the temptation. unless that is the plot of temptation..

the necro's were looking intio the taint and it's world shifting properties, so you learn more about the taint, and then you get tempted to alter the course of the world either to evil or good, it depends on who pays the most. so you need to get aziraals power and then you can work from that.. hmm big boss fight, something Two Worlds was lacking.

anyways.. i'm still playing Two Worlds (in low detail) so the improved graphics/game engine better work or there'll be trouble!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevie lee View Post
    Having been a tad disappointed with Two Worlds, possibly because we'd just completed Oblivion

I was the other way around, dissapointed in Oblivion and excited about Two Worlds, possibly because i'm a fan of the Gothic series and Two Worlds felt like the game Gothic 3 should have been.

i just hope that with this new game/expansion they haven't forgotten about the quests they left open ended. The one that comes to mind most is 'the flame' saying something like "we can talk more of our plans, after you have completed your quest", you go off and complete your quest which is rescuing your sister, and then the game ends. so i hope that the necromancers play a role in the temptation. unless that is the plot of temptation..

the necro's were looking intio the taint and it's world shifting properties, so you learn more about the taint, and then you get tempted to alter the course of the world either to evil or good, it depends on who pays the most. so you need to get aziraals power and then you can work from that.. hmm big boss fight, something Two Worlds was lacking.

anyways.. i'm still playing Two Worlds (in low detail) so the improved graphics/game engine better work or there'll be trouble!!
    I'm going to give the next one more of go, I played the last one for 6 hours max and after playing Oblivion it felt like a poorer version, although I did enjoy aspects of it.

It seems much better, looking forward to it.

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB

I borrowed Two Worlds (360) from a friend before he sold it on ebay.

Riding horses and mounted combat will be vastly better.
    HEXUS:Combat was one of the redeeming features in Two Worlds. Can you tell us how it works in this sequel and if any changes have been made to the combat mechanic? And can we expect to see mounted fighting again?
    so there is actually mounted combat in this one? I thought the mounted combat skill was a waste of skill points in the last game as mounted combat was non-existent.

HEXUS: The daily grind of leveling up can sometimes feel like a full-time job, what have you done to make it fun, exciting and interesting?
    James: I don’t think you ever really get that feeling in our game.
    That is such an opportunity for a misquote

When I first started playing Two Worlds I just couldn't get into it - Wolves and bears killed you at every turn and the bugs seemed crippling (every time someone signed into X-box Live the game would stutter and what looked Like a DOS box popped up in the top left ). But, the longer I played it and the more I levelled up, I did start to have fun despite all the bugs (speaking of bugs does anyone know if the visit all locations/undergrounds achievements got fixed?)
    Last edited by Blademrk; 12-05-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thanks

Mounted combat did have a use - you could attack ground opponents from horseback, and although it was a pain to do well, it did look cool However, the dismount skill was entirely useless in single-player, as no mounted NPCs existed.

The biggest problem two worlds had in reviews was all the comparisons to Oblivion, which the development team even encouraged. However if you can look past the graphics, it's not a crippled oblivion clone but more a slightly broken and unpolished Diablo clone. Once you get the right perspective on it, the game becomes more enjoyable, I found.

Two Worlds really did fail at difficulty curve. As opponents did not 'level up', initially you were completely outmatched by everything, and mere survival was difficult to impossible. However once you have learnt the game systems, you can become better than anything it can throw at you. That, combined with a linear and obvious plot, turned the last quarter of the game into a bit of a meat grinder alone, and so I lost interest.

Thread Information