Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

The battle of the two football heavyweights has begun, but it's over in Round One!
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Did you get bored and just decide to write flame bait?

Only played PES 2009 so can't comment on FIFA but I think your missing the point... I would try FIFA but you just wasted all that space talking about things which arent really important...(to me anyway)

1) The game modes are better - who cares about game modes its only multi-player that matters!
    2) Authenticity - ? really ? Im too busy playing to bothered how accurate the stadium is?
    3) Presentation - ? couldnt give a rats a$$ - its about how well a game of football it plays
    4) Blurring the boundaries between its videogame and the real world of football - again its about how well a game of football it plays.
    5) Online stability - ? this is important and I hope PES has imporved from last year - I do however prefer to play against my mates in the same room.

So basically you have managed to miss the main point about why people play PES - IT PLAYS A GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL

Id rather you have told me that FIFA plays a better game of football than PES and gone on to explain why rather than list pointless things like presentation...etc.. FIFA has always been better on presentation and had better kit support, so more of the same is not going to make me play FIFA.

Thanks

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

It's almost like you've waited 2 1/2 years to say that

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

munkylord if what you say is true and you do not strive for any of those things why did you buy pes 2009 i would have stuck with pes 5 or fifa 2001 (my personal favourite fifa game)

for those not interested in all the authenticity then why buy a new game every year.

these games are aimed at hardcore fans

and before you call me a fifa fanboy or whatever i have pes5 still for my xbox and still play it sometimes but also have fifa 08 and 07 and i hated 07 i thought it was terrible.

if pes had all the real players it would win for me but it's just not the same for me when frances TARRES scores a hat trick, although i do like TERRY HENRY.

And even an outsider has to admit that 3-4 years ago pes walked all over fifa and now they are pretty much on a par which means either konami have slipped or EA have really picked up there game.

BRing on JOSH 1408 for his opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by munkylord View Post

Only played PES 2009 so can't comment on FIFA but I think your missing the point... I would try FIFA but you just wasted all that space talking about things which arent really important...(to me anyway)

1) The game modes are better - who cares about game modes its only multi-player that matters!
    2) Authenticity - ? really ? Im too busy playing to bothered how accurate the stadium is?
    3) Presentation - ? couldnt give a rats a$$ - its about how well a game of football it plays
    4) Blurring the boundaries between its videogame and the real world of football - again its about how well a game of football it plays.
    5) Online stability - ? this is important and I hope PES has imporved from last year - I do however prefer to play against my mates in the same room.

So basically you have managed to miss the main point about why people play PES - IT PLAYS A GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL

Id rather you have told me that FIFA plays a better game of football than PES and gone on to explain why rather than list pointless things like presentation...etc.. FIFA has always been better on presentation and had better kit support, so more of the same is not going to make me play FIFA.
    Not bored, just annoyed after playing PES 2009. So much so that I wanted to get it off my chest. I do understand why people will like PES more though - because they haven't played FIFA.Right I'm off into hiding for the rest of the day.

Thanks

I used to be a PES fan, but lately also transformed towards FIFA.

For me there are a couple of things important:

playability
    PES used to be the leader, as it was more a simulation then arcade. Fifa was a clear arcade type of game. Now PES and Fifa have grown a lot closer towards each other, and I think it is now just personal preference. No strong winner here, but Fifa made good progress this iteration of the game. Let's see if PES did the same.

graphics
    sure playability is the most important thing, but I'm not wasting tons of money on expensive TV, PS3, sound etc, to look at C64 graphics. The eye needs to be pleased as well.
    Fifa is still a clear winner here.

real names
    Maybe not a problem for some, but when I play nation against nation, I would like to see real names from my team and not names pretending to be real. Be the real thing, don't try to imitate the real thing.
    Fifa has the edge here clearly.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Higgs Boson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • XFX 790i S775 DDR3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q9450 Quadcore
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1Gb CorsairTwinX XMS3, DDR3 (1600)
      • Storage:
      • 300Gb WD Velocoraptor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX GTX280 XXX
      • PSU:
      • 850W Coolermaster Real Power Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Wave tech TAC-T01
      • Operating System:
      • Vista x64 Ultima
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFPHC
      • Internet:
      • 20mb

Got me PES 09 last night COME ONNNN!!!!

FiFa does seem to have done the business this time though!

I'll be back once I have an opinion.

usually play 3/4 players v AI team, more of a team style of play.

Higgs...Out!

Thanks

Fifa 09 all the way!!

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by munkylord View Post
    LOL well if i call you a that, stew and all the PES fans are going to cause a riot over me like last time .

but lets go through what you just wrote seeing as its a friday and cant be asked to work anymore :

In that case FIFA wins hands down, you can do online leagues, online tournaments, create your own club and cant do 10v10 online. anyone looking for a game for online MP play only will go to fifa, simple as.

2) Authenticity - ? really ? Im too busy playing to bothered how accurate the stadium is? Do you like playing with or against "north london red?" i prefer playing as/againts arsenal o and by the sounds of it, berba still plays for north london white i think there called in the game ie spurs Granted you can edit the teams and players to death but fifa has it ready for me from DAY 1. good luck finding a option file tonight that has all the transfers and kits up to date O and addidas Live season updates the stats of my fav club weekly

Ahh one more thing, its goood that PES has champions league mode(fifa has it built into their season mode ) but master league? LOL i much prefer to play in the actual format of todays football. i can choose leyton orient my local team and try to promote them all the way to the premier league and make them european champions! cant do that in master league mate without doing ALOT of editing by replacing lots of teams with the lower divisions of this country uk. too much time and effort where people can do it from day 1 in fifa.

Agreed and wont further comment on that

And how well a game of football plays is usualy how it compares to the real thing Most people including PES fans admit that PES is less realistic

5) Online stability - ? this is important and I hope PES has improved from last year - I do however prefer to play against my mates in the same room.
    Hexus tested a half empty server and it was laggy has hell, imagine tonigth when the servers get packed! usualy server+more people = more chance of lag, now a server+less/small amount of people = less lag. O and you can play with your mates in the same room with fifa too ya know

I look forward to your response
    Last edited by j.o.s.h.1408; 17-10-2008 at 03:42 PM.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

i gotta say i'm a new convert
    been playing PES since 4, and nearly switched to fifa last year but instead kept to pro evo 6 (08 was poo!)
    but this year i've played PES 09 and Fifa 09..and not only will i never play pro evo again..i doubt i'll ever play any other football game again
    the leap to fifa 09 from 08 is less like a year gap and more like a generation leap - it was like the difference between gran turismo 2 and gran turismo 3, or even GTA SA and GTA 4!

but you know what clinched fifa for me ? apart from the sublime gameplay, the perfect through ball system, the player movements never being skipped or off frame...the loading segment
    that little touch of being able to play kick about while the game loads for me, just screams dedication
    konami got lazy and tried to rest on their laurels, EA put their hearts into FIFA

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

o and munkylord..go play FIFA 09, and i guarantee you'll be hooked

Banned
    Thanks

Josh - I am not, never have been, and never will be a 'PES fan', nor indeed a 'FIFA fan'. I play the 2 demos, I buy the full game of the demo I enjoyed playing the most. Everything with you is 'fan' this, 'hate' that... as I've said to you before mate, I'm 27, I'm not in the playground.

See mate, you need to realise that 'fanboy' and 'LOL' are not discussion points, they are meaningless nonsense that you think are discussion points. The 'riot' was simply me attempting to explain this to you, in the hope you might stop doing it.

Steven - Regardless of your reasoning (and I agree with most of it btw) its is all trumped with the following card - PES09 is more fun to play than FIFA09. FIFA looking better, being better presented, etc, etc, can not and will not change this.

A game that looked like FIFA and played like PES would be perfect, as you can't have this, and the looks of a game wear off long before the gameplay, PES09 is the correct choice.

You make it sound as if there is a mahoosive gap between the 2 this year. IGN-UK gave FIFA09 8.6, and they gave PES09 8.5... they also said, and I quote - "there’s no doubting that PES 2009 is the most fun football game on the market."

Now, you are not 'wrong' for prefering FIFA09, that is your opinion, you are wrong, however, for making it sound in your article that there is no contest, because its pretty clear really that both games still have a place, and a lot of people, me included, are going to prefer PES.

Reasonable attempt though... its not going to stand up to scrutiny, but reasonable attempt all the same.

Anyway I have PES09 now, and I am very much enjoying it. If you are enjoying your copy of FIFA09 its all good. :
    Last edited by Stewart; 18-10-2008 at 03:38 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • JonnyManc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B550-F Gaming WiFi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600C16
      • Storage:
      • 2.5tb M2 SSD's, 4tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac RTX3070 TwinEdge OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair XM750w
      • Case:
      • Corsair 4000D AirFlow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus TUF VG27W
      • Internet:
      • 60mb / 16mb

@ Stewert.....so very well said!!

I am a PES player, and respect what EA have done with 09....but personally, I had the game for an hour.....then returned it too the shop and bought something else!!
    Unquestionably better looking than PES, but its no fun for me to play!!
    I have PES2009, which is great fun (though it has a couple of bugs) and the slated 'Legend' mode is rather enjoyable if a tad hard.

Everyone has there choice, I chose PES...first time I bought it since PES4 and I am not disappointed, what I do find rather poor, is a site like Hexus giving more than FACTS and a very opinion based slating of a game......thought they were made of better stuff!!

Anyway....Konami have an update due in early November which (they say) will sort the rosters / team (some new licenses) and do some bigfixes!!

PEACE

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Josh - I am not, never have been, and never will be a 'PES fan', nor indeed a 'FIFA fan'. I play the 2 demos, I buy the full game of the demo I enjoyed playing the most. Everything with you is 'fan' this, 'hate' that... as I've said to you before mate, I'm 27, I'm not in the playground.

See mate, you need to realise that 'fanboy' and 'LOL' are not discussion points, they are meaningless nonsense that you think are discussion points. The 'riot' was simply me attempting to explain this to you, in the hope you might stop doing it.
    well i diddnt call you a fanboy, i said your just a fan of pes because you like it right? how would u define someone that likes something over something similar?

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

i still havent played pes09 but i do want it, i always thought the players looked better in pes than fifa i prefer the fact they are a lil chunkier, i always preferred pes, but since 08 i converted to fifa i dont know why, i just found it more addictive!

i think the problem with a lot of people was pes was always the 'better' underdog so to speak, fifa was the big game but the hardcore few knew smugly pro evo was better it became almost cool to be able to turn round to someone and say fifa is s**t compared to pro evo i think its those people who are unable to admit that sadly the newer fifa games have just had so much more effort put into them compared to pro evo and thats why fifa has finally defeated oro evo and thats why i now love playing fifa, its not perfect football and still annoys me especially the advantage rule where the ref lets it go but you get the ball and get booked, its like wtf you was going to let it go so how can you now book me!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    well i diddnt call you a fanboy, i said your just a fan of pes because you like it right? how would u define someone that likes something over something similar?
    Yeah I know, but you say PES fan as if the fact that its PES has anything to do with it.

I play the demo of PES, I play the demo of FIFA, I buy the one that I enjoy playing the most. If FIFA was more fun to play this year, I'd have got it. I have no loyalties to either game and am not a fan of either series.

Its no big deal, but you do have a tendency to go completely over the top on these things. Apart from the 'fanboy' remarks from the other thread, you also said something about me 'loving' PES and 'hating' FIFA. For some reason in your mind its not a case of buying the one you think is best, its some sort of war, which has to be 'won'.

Revol has a similar stance - treat it like a playground bickering contest, where making sense comes second to fightig the corner of 'your' game at all costs.

Dunno why.

i think the problem with a lot of people was pes was always the 'better' underdog so to speak, fifa was the big game but the hardcore few knew smugly pro evo was better it became almost cool to be able to turn round to someone and say fifa is s**t compared to pro evo i think its those people who are unable to admit that sadly the newer fifa games have just had so much more effort put into them compared to pro evo and thats why fifa has finally defeated oro evo
    No, its because I think Pro Evo is more fun to play this time around.

Do you see?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information